Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS

Go down 
+12
Takama
LeeAnn
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Tupolew Tu-154
sbell
Bloodrayne
Ana
Roger
SUSANNE
donny ong
Numa
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS Empty
PostSubject: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi everyone

All new 2016 Dinosaur releases will be announced in just this one topic. Here are four new releases just announced:

Tyranosaurus Corpse (88743):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tyrannosaurus Hunting (88742):

Metriacanthosaurus (88741):

Mercuriceratops (88744):

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 1:20 pm

Great Dinos!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:55 pm

They are beautyful...except the dead one Rolling Eyes

Thankyou, Numaan Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 3:17 pm

I am not a collector of dinosaur toys although I love the idea.
These brands, use the work of paleonthologists and revive these impressive creatures. Well, CollectA seems to give life to a lot of them but sometimes they have also the mania of killing some others. affraid I keep my comment and it is a waste to invest in a mold to make a dead animal but it is only a little decision that I don't agree among many others that I truly appreciate.
In this topic, I see a metriacanthosaurus and a mercuriceratops, two great additions to a dino collector after the megalosaurus and chasmosaurus in 2009. Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 3:20 pm

I agree. I don't like dead animal figures.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Nice dinosaurs! And two species I have never heard of! Wonderful! Very nicely sculpted too Very Happy
As we have seen in one topic in customised animals section these CollectA T. Rexes can look incredibly great in proper repaint. The current colours mix is rather not well matched and a bit unpleasant to look at.
I think dead dinosaur can be very nicely used in dioramas and in playing scenes from natural world. If they have made a dead zebra that would be actually good addition to savanna scenes too. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 5:43 pm

I guess the Mercuriceratops will come with a base too?
Because right now it's hovering. Shocked

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:45 pm

To be fair, a paper on T.rex being eaten by...T.rex...only recently came out--so in terms of on-the-minute current paleontological events, that prey model is about as relevant to the science as is possible.

Still kind of morbid though. But at least it puts T.rex in its 'actual real animal that lived and died' place--instead of the usual movie monster.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:04 pm

I like that corpse. ^^
And also the hunting one. I hope for more prehistoric, especially mammals.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:09 pm

sbell wrote:
Still kind of morbid though. But at least it puts T.rex in its 'actual real animal that lived and died' place--instead of the usual movie monster.

I absolutely agree with you!

The mercuriceratops is like floating above the earth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:18 pm

I have mixed feelings about their carcass models. On the one hand they must be popular and sell well if they have made three or four so far. I also think its educational as in its a representation of nature in one of its most natural forms, like sbell said its not the mythicized monsters that were real, they were real animals who had to survive and eventually die. However on the other hand I also think its a little morbid if its a kids toy rather than a piece for accurate dioramas etc.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 pm

I know nothing about dinos but these look nice :

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:56 am

The t-rex-corpse looks fresher than the other corpses (stego and tricera), which look older and rotting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:30 am

Im surprised that they are now into making Standard sized models they made for the Deluxe line(I thoght there T.Rex eating a Struthiomimus was enough, but nope, the had to make a Shrunken version of the Featherd one from the Deluxe line).

The Metriacanthosaurus must have been influenced by its hidden part in Jurassic Park where it was in one of the Vials filled with embryos

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:42 am

Well it will be interesting to see what else CollectA has in store Rolling Eyes , as for these four releases I personally always find that CollectA models look much better in hand than on the catalog .. and once again good to have some new species Applause

sbell

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:35 am

Takama wrote:
Im surprised that they are now into making Standard sized models they made for the Deluxe line(I thoght there T.Rex eating a Struthiomimus was enough, but nope, the had to make a Shrunken version of the Featherd one from the Deluxe line).  

The Metriacanthosaurus must have been influenced by its hidden part in Jurassic Park where it was in one of the Vials filled with embryos

It's more likely influenced by Anthony Beeson being English, and enjoying getting English taxa made whenever possible. Condsidering that his direct email to me with the pictures referenced Metriacanthosaurus as an 'Englishman', I'm not actually speculating here.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Are the T-Rex-Models deluxe or standard size?

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Numaan

no 1-40 scale dinosaurs this year? Neutral Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Are the T-Rex-Models deluxe or standard size?

As far as I can tell, these are all frmowhat is being called the 'popular series', so I am assuming that these are standard line (although still fair sized--the prey T.rex is 31cm long!).

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:38 pm

The Deluxe T-Rex with movable jaw was way too expensive for me to put in my collection.

But if the 2016 prey "popular series" T-Rex is 30 cm, will the hunting 2016 T-rex be that size as well? And if so, will they only cost half the price of the Deluxe T-Rex, because it's now a "popular series" T-Rex and without movable jaw?

Aaahhh....one can only hope.  pirat

sbell

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
The Deluxe T-Rex with movable jaw was way too expensive for me to put in my collection.

But if the 2016 prey "popular series" T-Rex is 30 cm, will the hunting 2016 T-rex be that size as well? And if so, will they only cost half the price of the Deluxe T-Rex, because it's now a "popular series" T-Rex and without movable jaw?

Aaahhh....one can only hope.  pirat

It is listed as 240mm--so yeah, it will be smaller, and probably less expensive, and appears to have no moveable features. I agree, it is great to see the deluxes as standard (or 'popular') line models; I have only so much room, and they do cost less!

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:31 pm

I would like it better, if they could bringt out animals in two sizes. One in deluxe and one would be normal. The same also would be really nice on some wild animals, like elephants, giraffes and rhinos.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:34 am

arafan wrote:
I would like it better, if they could bringt out animals in two sizes. One in deluxe and one would be normal. The same also would be really nice on some wild animals, like elephants, giraffes and rhinos.

I would like to see a third line of tube-sized figures (roughly)! I have so many figures, being able to have them all shrunk to 3" or so would be great, especially CollectA dinos--there are so many of them, and I have almost all of them!

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Thanks for sharing these pictures! I don't have any of these yet since CollectA is difficult to come by in my area, but they do indeed have a very impressive lineup scheduled for this year. As usual, they make the best therapods and ceratopsians around. The one thing I wish they'd produce more of is sauropods. They excel at pretty much everything else yet they have so few of these types of dinosaurs. I think they could make some really spectacular ones if they gave it more effort.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS   COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2016: DINOSAURS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA-
Jump to: