Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around

Go down 
+3
widukind
Shanti
Ana
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Another Kaiyodo bird walk around, this time about Rock Ptarmigan male (Lagopus muta) from Natural Monuments of Japan line. Models from this  line usually come with book but I got just the figure. I like it very much. As all models from this line it is very well made, beautifully painted and cast in good quality material.
Info about species can be found on wikipedia, rock ptarmigan site . This species is not very often made by toy companies but Kaiyodo made few other models of it I think, including two Choco Q  models from year 2014 if I remember right. Smile And I assume the model represent the Japanese subspecies of this bird. I'm not sure what is the scale but the size is visible on the photo with lego boy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ptarmigan seems to be more tolerant for pirates than the eagle was Razz  Wink  

It is also a puzzle model but it's hard to notice that.

I also like the base he has, nicely detailed Smile

What is he thinking? scratch

Maybe something like: "Are my eyebrows red enough?"

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Wow, that's a pretty bird! Thank you for these stunning pictures!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:38 pm

A beauty :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Shanti wrote:

Just my thoughts cheers Applause That picture of the face, - WOW cheers

About the pirate, - this indicates that eagles have a better sence of smell than ptarmigans have  Laughing

You are right, there are two Choco Q Ptarmigans  : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , - I think they are from 2015, but if I am wrong, I would be very happy to know it , so I can change my entry in TAI Shocked  scratch

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Beautiful bird drunken Congrats Anna!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:42 pm

This is a gem Anna, I have a standart Kaiyodo Ptarmigan that I like very much but this one is the king king

The painting is neat and efficient Applause

Very nice walkaround Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Thank you for so nice comments Shanti, Andreas, Susanne, Chrsitophe and LeeAnn cheers Nice to read you like this bird also! cheers

Christophe, yes, I think it's a gem this bird. One of my favourite models in collection. Smile

SUSANNE wrote:
Shanti wrote:

Just my thoughts cheers Applause That picture of the face, - WOW cheers

About the pirate, - this indicates that eagles have a better sence of smell than ptarmigans have  Laughing

lol! Laughing I guess you are right Susanne! Wink

SUSANNE wrote:
You are right, there are two Choco Q Ptarmigans  : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , - I think they are from 2015, but if I am wrong, I would be very happy to know it , so I can change my entry in TAI  Shocked  scratch

These Ptarmigans come from the same set as Golden Eagle I suppose. I have found it on topic Kaiyodo 2014 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (page 16) but I'm not sure when it was released exactly study

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:02 pm

Ana wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
You are right, there are two Choco Q Ptarmigans  : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , - I think they are from 2015, but if I am wrong, I would be very happy to know it , so I can change my entry in TAI  Shocked  scratch

These Ptarmigans come from the same set as Golden Eagle I suppose. I have found it on topic Kaiyodo 2014 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (page 16) but I'm not sure when it was released exactly study  

Those are not ChocoQ Ptarmigans, they are CapsuleQ (KyoKu set)

There is no ChocoQ Rock Ptarmigan. Here is the Chocoegg one Wink  

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 1:26 am

This time I won't comment the legs of your bird. Laughing I see a perfectly sculpted and balanced figure, with an impressive paintwork and an incredibly realistic galliface. Wink Wonderful piece, thanks for sharing! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:27 am

Roger wrote:
This time I won't comment the legs of your bird. Laughing I see a perfectly sculpted and balanced figure, with an impressive paintwork and an incredibly realistic galliface. Wink  Wonderful piece, thanks for sharing! cheers

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around   Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Natural Monuments of Japan Rock Ptarmigan walk around
Page 1 of 1