Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround

Go down 
+4
Roger
Ana
widukind
A.R.Garcia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:20 pm

This Cape buffalo is from the Mojö Minis series, which currently includes ten extant and ten extinct wildlife species, all based on the larger-sized figurines. Here are some pictures:

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4357ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4363ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4362ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4361ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4360ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4364ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4365ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4366ed

With the large Cape buffalo:
Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4358ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4367ed

With a Safari Toob bison, a rhinoceros, and a sable antelope:
Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4369ed

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround IMG_4371ed

I think this is a very successful interpretation of the larger model and the animal itself. Of course a miniature cannot possess quite the level of detail as the larger buffalo, but the overall presence and sense of motion is retained, and the styling of the muscles and other features is very convincing for such a tiny figurine. It is also a good species choice for a mini safari. Very Happy

(Also note: the seam line running down the head shows up in one of these pictures much more than it does in person. I think this was caused by the low angle of the sunlight.)

Last edited by A.R.Garcia on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:30 am

Beautieful figurine:)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:29 am

I think it's very nice model! Very Happy Thank you for walk around! cheers
I have it also and I must say it has a nice amount of details for such small size Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Andy thanks for great walk around and comparison pictures. It seems very good considering the small size. I love the larger version and it seems the smaller is also very good. Very Happy
Do you think it works in Britains scale? I suspect it is small for 1:32 but I'd love to see a comparison picture with a Britains large figure if possible. Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Great walkaround, thanks!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:02 pm

WOW! You have a Mojo mini bounce bounce cheers

And Anna too, - where can one get them in Europe ? Shocked

I love this little feller, - fine deatils and pose, just like the big one Very Happy

Thankyou for this lovely walkaround Applause

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:18 pm

My pleasure to be able to contribute a little walkaround. Smile  This was the "must have" for me out of the series.

Roger, it is quite small, just over 5 cm long and ~3 cm at the shoulder. A sloppy calculation makes that about... 1:60? Now that I think about it, it would require a Safari Good Luck Mini-sized predator. I think all of my Britains-sculpt figures are copies of unreliable scale. The Breyer Stablemates are 1:32, so I could make a picture with them... Anna, if you have any proper Britains maybe you could answer Roger's question more concisely than me?

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Andy thanks for great walk around and comparison pictures. It seems very good considering the small size. I love the larger version and it seems the smaller is also very good. Very Happy
Do you think it works in Britains scale? I suspect it is small for 1:32 but I'd love to see a comparison picture with a Britains large figure if possible. Very Happy

It seems about half size of average Britains cow, so I assume the scale is about 1:60.

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW! You have a Mojo mini bounce bounce cheers

And Anna too, - where can one get them in Europe ? Shocked

I love this little feller, - fine deatils and pose, just like the big one Very Happy

Thankyou for this lovely walkaround Applause
I got it directly from James some time ago, but I couldn't show it because those times it was not yet on the market and not yet officially in the catalog Very Happy

A.R.Garcia wrote:
My pleasure to be able to contribute a little walkaround. Smile  This was the "must have" for me out of the series.

Roger, it is quite small, just over 5 cm long and ~3 cm at the shoulder. A sloppy calculation makes that about... 1:60? Now that I think about it, it would require a Safari Good Luck Mini-sized predator. I think all of my Britains-sculpt figures are copies of unreliable scale. The Breyer Stablemates are 1:32, so I could make a picture with them... Anna, if you have any proper Britains maybe you could answer Roger's question more concisely than me?

Yes, I have some Britains animals, I will try to take picture tomorrow to show the scale Smile I agree it will be about 1:60 for this buffalo cat

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:24 pm

[quote="Ana"]
Roger wrote:
A.R.Garcia wrote:

Yes, I have some Britains animals, I will try to take picture tomorrow to show the scale Smile I agree it will be about 1:60 for this buffalo cat

Thanks Andy and Anna, now it is clear for me that it is too small to Britains scale. Smaller than in my better expectations. Laughing
Anna, I appreciate that you want to take the comparison picture but it is already clear for me and the picture is not needed anymore... thanks! Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Thank you for the very nice walk around/comparisons.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:42 pm

@Ana , ohh, yes , you have good connections there Wink

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Andy and Anna, now it is clear for me that it is too small to Britains scale.

It is about the same size as the mini cheetah, so I'm thinking the cheetah is around 1:30. Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:19 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Roger wrote:
Thanks Andy and Anna, now it is clear for me that it is too small to Britains scale.

It is about the same size as the mini cheetah, so I'm thinking the cheetah is around 1:30. Laughing

That's my idea, surely some of these minis can be used in Britains 1:32 scale and they seem to be nice enough. A cheetah, to fit with Britains figures, needs to be around the size of Britains leopard that is a very small figure, I never immagined Mojo Minis were so small. Shocked

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:52 am

Nice miniature and thank you for teh walkaround Andy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 am

Pictures restored. Sleep

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Pictures restored. Sleep

Thanks once more Andy! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround   Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojö Minis Cape Buffalo: a walkaround
Page 1 of 1