Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Night Elf

Country/State : USA /// Pacific Northwest

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:06 pm

What a wonderful sculpt!  I am glad the paint job will be improved and I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. Applause

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:02 pm

A big effort indeed for tis unique Company : the model looks quite remarkable, really: the only problem is to wait one entire year in order to have it in our collections What a Face but it's worth waiting !!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Finally :)This is awesome zebra model!!
What I like about CollectA is the educational effect on kids and adults! So many rare spicies Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:01 am

From my Point of view is no educational effect on kids and or adults just because of animal figures.. There are a lot of books they can see an okapi, to name just an example, and what did kids and adults say if they see an okapi in a Zoo ? "Oh look, a Zebra". Schleich's Okapi hasn't changed that fact.

A Zebra is a Zebra and nonone well see a Diffrence, if the fgure has now the name"Grevy-Zebra" or not. So people buy Animal Figures from the mayor Brands as a Toy for their kids, and they mostly buy lion, tigers, ape,monkey, polar bear, panda, elephant, giraffe-and not for education-so people visit Zoso to see Animals, have funs and not for education. Berlin Tierparks keeps all three zebra species in neighbour enclosuresand nobody cares about that-they people do not compare them or even see any diffrence them-they want to see"one"Zebra, so thats why all the brands made only"a"Zebra, but mostly they look like plains zebras.
Back to top Go down
Hartebeest

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
From  my Point of view is no educational effect on kids and or adults just because of animal figures.. There are a lot of books they can see an okapi, to name just an example, and what did kids and adults say if they see an okapi in a Zoo ? "Oh look, a Zebra". Schleich's Okapi hasn't changed that fact.

A Zebra is a Zebra and nonone well see a Diffrence, if the fgure has now the name"Grevy-Zebra" or not. So people buy Animal Figures from the mayor Brands as a Toy for their kids, and they mostly buy lion, tigers, ape,monkey, polar bear, panda, elephant, giraffe-and not for education-so people visit Zoso to see Animals, have funs and  not for education. Berlin Tierparks keeps all three zebra species in neighbour enclosuresand nobody cares about that-they people do not compare them or even see any diffrence them-they want to see"one"Zebra, so thats why all the brands made only"a"Zebra, but mostly they look like plains zebras.

Once at the Zoo people have said on a wild donkey that had just stripes on the legs, "it is a zebra!!! look, beautiful zebra!" despite the fact that it was a plaque with the inscription "African Wild Donkey"....
Some people are just plain stupid. haha lol lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing drunken
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 am

Fantastic!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Wonderful zebra and a Grevys at last!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)   Today at 5:23 am

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Grevy's Zebra Stallion (88773)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2