Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)

Go down 
+28
JamesPanda
Numa
Kikimalou
Roger
TheSpottedCat
Bloodrayne
donny ong
Phexedrine
Lasersword1973
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
twilighter
MartinH
pm64
Attis
ze_neto
LeeAnn
lucky luke
SUSANNE
weaselfan93
Bongo
signatus
Wilorvise
pouchedrat
LukaLeon085
widukind
arafan
SeanieP
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) Empty
PostSubject: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 3:54 pm

This is my pride and joy folks – the one species I have wanted to see made for a very long time.  I never thought the day would come when this animal would be made but I was able to persuade CollectA in a way which I am about to explain.

But first I hope many of you are happy to see this model.  It is the rarest antelope on earth and the rarest animal in the top 10 of rarest animals in the world (Saola may pip this to the post).  The pose of this animal is modelled on a stuffed specimen in an American Museum (You will be able to see a picture of this if you google it). It is a male and female standing together but I cannot remember the name of the museum.

Firstly of all antelopes that CollectA has made we have not yet had one from the specific group of hartebeests and relatives.  I suggested Hirola some years back but held back whilst other more easily recognised species were created.  Hirola was planned for last year but was kept on the reserve list.  

A supplier has requested an Impala so my first reaction was, why not Hirola – no one has made one before, it is the rarest antelope on earth, it is unique and would also stand in as a representative of the Hartebeest family (the Bubals). Secondly, if you study Hirola carefully it is similar to an impala in body shape, coat colour and more importantly the horns.  This was then the opportunity to swap Impala for a Hirola because of their similarity.  If an Impala was made then we would never have a Hirola made for many years due to their similarity -  this is understandable from a saleability view.  The average consumer will just see these as the same.

So in essence it came down to Impala or Hirola, impala or Hirola....I mean what are the chances of another brand making an Impala compared to a Hirola? Very high! Hence why this choice with CollectA. Most people have seen an Impala and we are bound to get one from a major brand soon anyway but a Hirola? No chance!

Anyway, here it is in all its splendour and it is a personal highlight for me from the collection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Numaan on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:01 pm

I am so excited about this antelope. Great model and good choice of species! cheers

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:04 pm

All I can say is: WOW Applause Applause Applause Applause cheers cheers cheers
Thank you so much for doing this!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Absolutly the next must have!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:32 pm

The epic final of Collecta

pouchedrat

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Another absolute beauty... stunning and awe-inspiring figure. Collecta are the best there is, and each and every year they go for gold, and win it spectacularly by delivering the awesomeness ! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Very cool

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Very very nice !! Very Happy Applause

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Thank you Numaan you helped us to these wonderful model of one of the most amazing antelopes on earth.

Several years ago I could see the last one hold in Zoo. But it wasn't in good shape, very old and not good looking, so thats why it was kept behind the scenes for many years until it died in 2003. It was not easy to make pictures from the female, because she was very disturbed in her behaviour.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

It is a shame, most people don't know of the existence of a"Hirola" and that it is one of the most endangered mammal on the world-more rare than Tiger,Panda and Gorilla...
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Thanks for sharing these pictures, they are quite sad really and reminds us how precious so many of these 'unknown' animals are. I hope CollectA's version goes in some way to bring greater attention to this wonderful animal.

For me this and the Chiru are the truly unusual antelope species in the CollectA collection and also very endangered.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: CollectA 2016   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Numaan, have all the 2016 collectA animals been announced? I thought Rogerio said something about a new monkey as well? scratch

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:56 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
Numaan, have all the 2016 collectA animals been announced? I thought Rogerio said something about a new monkey as well? scratch

Hi, yes all models announced. No more. I did warn everyone at the beginning that it would be a smaller selection than usual but that is it folks....
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Numaan wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

Hi, yes all models announced.  No more.  I did warn everyone at the beginning that it would be a smaller selection than usual but that is it folks....

Perhaps not as many as usual, - but I am so totally happy cheers
And I also think it is perfect for my bank account , because I WANT THEM ALL  Laughing  Laughing

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 7:59 pm

we got the Saola, The Chiru and now the Hirola....and Im sure every year a rare species ..for us collectors they are treasures and for kids a blessed education of our planet's inhabitants.. such a magnifico choice and thank you Numaan Applause

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:38 pm

JamesPanda wrote:
we got the Saola, The Chiru and now the Hirola....and Im sure every year a rare species ..for us collectors they are treasures and for kids a blessed education of our planet's inhabitants.. such a magnifico choice and thank you Numaan Applause

Fantastic wonderful it is, in my zoo on! Very Happy Applause cheers sunny Cool
Collecta I like your politics! study farao
For a saiga I have all my time! drunken Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:00 pm

A Hirola! cheers cheers bounce Applause This is great news!! Fantastic antelope Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Numaan, I loved reading your introduction and no doubts you're a very astute person. A customer wanted an impala and you turned it in a hirola, that's genial! cheers
You're absolutly right, if there aren't many impalas in this topic it is just a kind of aberration of that industry, impalas are very known and popular antelopes, they are even more graceful than hirolas.
Hirolas are almost unknown and the chance of seeing it released in toy shape was close to zero. Shocked
They're really very similar and there's a related antelope in CollectA range although it is quite different... the white-tailed gnu. Very Happy
Tremendous group of figures to CollectA this year again, I am very impressed and excited! bounce Thanks Numaan! Very Happy

About monkeys, I love to try to guess some things but this comment was based in a Numaan's comment about the Diana's monkey where I suspected that CollectA was releasing two more apes. Orangutan could be one and I thought there was another. Embarassed
This time I don't have any tips to 2017 although I will read everything again! Laughing Though, I suspect adulte Peruvian Paso and a Gypsy vanner are being released. Laughing Wink Wink

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:36 am

lucky luke wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

Fantastic wonderful it is, in my zoo on!   Very Happy  Applause  cheers  sunny  Cool
Collecta I like your politics!  study  farao
For a saiga I have all my time! drunken Wink

Yes Luc Im sure we will get more ..I forgot the Black Buck, and Oryx Scimitar !! CollectA has been making these rare Antelopes and more !!
I have a dream to open my zoo one day for teaching children from the rural areas and slums in city who would never get chance to see them even on internet or books... Like a traveling museum across India !! Just a crazy idea but i wud love to do it for the kids to know and see these beautiful planet friends of ours.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Numaan wrote:
Hi, yes all models announced.  No more.  I did warn everyone at the beginning that it would be a smaller selection than usual but that is it folks....

I would be happy with a so small selection of gems every years cheers

JamesPanda wrote:

I agree... Who was talking about or even heard of Chiru ans Saola except our small tribe? And who talkes and thought about an Hirola except... Numaan Wink

Roger wrote:
Numaan, I loved reading your introduction and no doubts you're a very astute person. A customer wanted an impala and you turned it in a hirola, that's genial! cheers
You're absolutly right, if there aren't many impalas in this topic it is just a kind of aberration of that industry, impalas are very known and popular antelopes, they are even more graceful than hirolas.
Hirolas are almost unknown and the chance of seeing it released in toy shape was close to zero. Shocked
They're really very similar and there's a related antelope in CollectA range although it is quite different... the white-tailed gnu. Very Happy
Tremendous group of figures to CollectA this year again, I am very impressed and excited! bounce Thanks Numaan! Very Happy

Yes, our Numaan is a very clever man indeed cheers

JamesPanda wrote:

I have a dream to open my zoo one day for teaching children from the rural areas and slums in city who would never get chance to see them even on internet or books... Like a traveling museum across India !! Just a crazy idea but i wud love to do it for the kids to know and see these beautiful planet friends of ours.

It is a fantastic idea James, you are a very generous panda Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Congratulations for you, Numaan, and Collecta. An unique model, made with talent , persistence and courage. It shall me in my ark as soon as possible!

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

JamesPanda wrote:

It is a fantastic idea James, you are a very generous panda Applause Applause Applause

Thank You Christophe !! sunny Its actually a good idea ! I have to connect with a different Non profit groups and maybe its possible ! scratch  cheers

Last edited by JamesPanda on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Attis

Attis

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Very good choise of one very rare antilope. I liked him very much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 8:07 pm

OMG !!!!!! I LOVE IT !! I love you I love you I love you I love you Collecta has made many of my dreams come true and every time I think they cannot go any further but I m always wrong! Fortunately....NEVER in my life I could even imagine to have an HIROLA in my private menagerie...thank you!! Applause Applause Applause Applause cheers cheers cheers bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:04 pm

JamesPanda wrote:

Yes, indeed ! You are a wonderful person with a wonderful dream, - I hope it come true cheers

MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Wonderful and rare antelope... and wonderful model! Applause Applause
Thank you Numaan!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)   COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE -  Hirola Antelope (88757) Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2016: WILDLIFE - Hirola Antelope (88757)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next