Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:50 am

Ok I was thinking of doing a modern line of Animals at 1:12 Scale. Now if i were to do this, what animals do you want to See?

I was thinking of a

Wild Ass

Raccoon Dog

Red River Hog

Serval

Puff Adder

What are all your thoghts?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:55 am

It looks like a very interesting choice Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:49 am

Takama, I guess you could speak with our members from Likaon. I think they have enough experience now to tell f it is a viable enterprise.

Of course, at that scale you can interest Dollhouse collectors but 1:12 is not the most common about extant animals collectors. The price of a 1:12 scale model would be possibly a bogeyman.

Uroplatus

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:51 am

Some of them have been done before and the 1:12 scale will not work out very well for a few, but i would love to see any of these...

Daubentonia madagascariensis (Aye-aye)

Uroplatus giganteus (giant leaftail gecko)

Lophiosilurus alexandri (Pacman catfish)

Orycteropus afer (Aardvark)

Glaucus atlanticus (blue dragon sea slug)

Ardea goliath (Goliath heron)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Takama, I guess you could speak with our members from Likaon. I think they have enough experience now to tell f it is a viable enterprise.

Of course, at that scale you can interest Dollhouse collectors but 1:12 is not the most common about extant animals collectors. The price of a 1:12 scale model would be possibly a bogeyman.

Well I talked to Ar Andre Musrch (Brontodocus on the Animal Toy Forum) and he said that this is a Brillient Scale for modern animals.

But i chosse it to include as maney species as possible both big and small.

If i do 1:20 models, then what Scale do i make animals like a Pangolin or a Slow Loris?
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:08 pm

You could follow the example of the big brands.

Its a brilliant size, but the sheer size of things like elephants would make international and perhaps domestic shipping prohibitive.

For me the closest modern equivalent that I have is Noahs Pals.   I'm throwing this in here for size reference. Claims they're in 1:24 scale.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry for blur. Will replace later. Giraffes, kangas, snow leopard, muntjac, kinkajou.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:05 pm

The scale is always a problem. I think 1:12 scale is only good to animals that are not larger than a wolf unless you want to include really giant figures in your collection. It won't be hard to find a very diversified group of animals in that size range though. You can in that scale to group your figures as Play Visions did with their regional sets but using 4 to 6 each group instead of 8. Just an idea.
Animals of Sumatra, Galapagos, Tasmania, etc. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.   Today at 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Curious Question for a potential line of modern animals.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1