Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snow Hare made by McDonalds?

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
Numa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Snow Hare made by McDonalds? Empty
PostSubject: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:23 pm

I saw this on ebay and bought it recently and it arrived today. It is absolutely stunning but a little too big than the usual schleich sized models. I did not know McDonald's made animals back in 1198 which is when this model was made. The big question is, why was it made and are there other animals in the series? If anyone has any more info then great!

Model is 6.5cm high

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:13 am

Numaan, don-t you know yet our great Toy Animal Wiki?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:07 am

A great find !!! I love these old McDonalds-models Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Nice catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Roger wrote:

My goodness yes Roger I did not check that site, thank you for reminding me.

Whilst all the other animals are cute only the hare seems to be the most realistic sculptwise. It is strange to know McDonald's made these but I do like them. Thanks again :-)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Wow, he's very nice for being made in 1198! affraid Laughing Wink

Great find, congrats Numaan! Very Happy

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:08 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Wow, he's very nice for being made in 1198! affraid Laughing Wink

Great find, congrats Numaan! Very Happy

I was going to say that,it must be worth a fortune being an antique Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 2:57 am

Thanks for sharing....very nice. Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 12:59 am

Numaan wrote:
Roger wrote:

My goodness yes Roger I did not check that site, thank you for reminding me.

Whilst all the other animals are cute only the hare seems to be the most realistic sculptwise.  It is strange to know McDonald's made these but I do like them.  Thanks again :-)

Laughing Leporids always work nicely in a somewhat cute style. They are generally in line with the kind of design animal brands in these years. Actually there's no other McDonald's line of animals more interesting than this one and the most interesting part is that I asked a collector of hundreds of MCDonald's gifts and he didn't know about those. I suspect that there are more than those presented on TAI. The big cats series misses clearly a lion or lioness for instance. scratch

PostSubject: Re: Snow Hare made by McDonalds?   Snow Hare made by McDonalds? Empty

Back to top Go down

Snow Hare made by McDonalds?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: