Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 

Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghostme9

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:36 pm

I thought I would treat myself :-)  Hope you like! I'm still awaiting others that were not in stock.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 pm

SO great to see pictures cheers
It looks beautyful ! Lots of fine details !!!

Congratulations and thankyou for showing Very Happy Applause

The snake, - is that a completely new one ? Is it possible that you have time to show us a picture or two of it, please ? Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:21 pm

Great to finally see photos of this! cheers

Looks great! The water is amazing! How do you like it? Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 pm

That's cool. Thanks for showing it to us. :)

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
SO great to see pictures cheers
It looks beautyful ! Lots of fine details !!!

Congratulations and thankyou for showing Very Happy Applause

The snake, - is that a completely new one ? Is it possible that you have time to show us a picture or two of it, please ? Very Happy

Thanks Susanne, yes, lots of lovely detail - but this set does include quite a number of different additional packages, like the bones and branches, ferns etc....  the watering hole as one is quite bare in some regards.  The snake is new - but what I find interesting is that it looks very similar to the snake that's lined up for next year; 42322 rattlesnakes Set

See photos below as requested.  Note the last image how the hide has an extra hole underneath but nowhere for it to attach.  The hole identified at the top is for a fern or palm tree....  I think they've done this for when they release more animals hiding in this shelter, but it comes with its own separate base......

Back to top Go down
ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:56 pm

Great to finally see photos of this! cheers

Looks great! The water is amazing! How do you like it? Very Happy

Thanks LeeAnn - yes, I've also been waiting, but decided to plump for the whole lot in one go :-)

The water REALLY is that amazing.  It has such a wonderful depth to it.  The second favourite section is actually the separate cave, its very roomy and bulk and fits together well.  The watering hole on the whole is quite bare without all the other extra bits I've added....  Some negatives - the rock the lion stands on does not attach well at all to the base.  The cave does not have anyway to at least link or join to the watering hole - not that it matters much, but it would've been nice  - especially since next year with the river and waterfall attachments.  The other piece I don't like is how when building either the watering hole or cave, there are holes where plants could be moved to, but when not occupied, they're quite visible.  It would've been nice to have small rocks or something that fit into the spare holes to cover them up.  Overall though, I really like it.  I got the cave for £11.99 and the Watering hole for £42.99.  I think those prices are quite reasonable in the Schleich pricing structure......  I definitely will be buying up more of the palm tress and ferns however!!!!  They add bulk and are inexpensive but look good!  Something else I found is that you're better off in value going for the separate kits rather than buying the "Plants and Feed Set" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:58 pm

What I can't understand is why the snake--a black mamba!--was not released separately, but the decent rattlesnake, cobra, and abominable boa (seriously? Sculpted markings?).

It's not like black mamba figures are everywhere--although I do have the fantastic Takara one.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:01 am

Thanks for showing, I think these sets are very interesting and I like that snake! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:49 am

Something I forgot to add, was that the snake is made in Tunisia.  Its been a while since I've seen anything painted from there.  The only other animal (out of 500+) I own that was painted in Tunisia is the Simmental Cow (13641).

Thanks Sbell - I too thought it was a black mamba but did not like to say - I certainly didn't think it was a rattlesnake which is what the next years model is named as and looks almost identical to the black mamba.  Maybe its a spelling/translation mistake......

Thanks Roger, more than happy - I've been waiting for others to put up pictures before I purchased it but decided to treat myself :-)  I also have the crocodile and snake nest along with the chameleon to arrive sometime soon - I'll post pictures once I do.

Something I was stuck on was - do I go with the cave and lioness or the dinosaur cave with lovely vines and purple flower agave?!  Its a shame you can't buy the purple agave on its own or the vines ......
Back to top Go down
shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:17 am

They did the water quite well! It'd be neat if they made another set that had water as well but was more fitting for other enviorments.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:05 am

Beautieful stuff :)

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:52 pm

congratz on all of them Very Happy

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:08 pm

I love this water pit and the cave. 2016 comes a river and a waterfall. Wonderful.

Is the cave with the lioness?

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 am

I donde that TOO!
What is that Other Hole there For???
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:13 am

Ohh, dear me ! I missed your great pictures of the snake Shocked Sleep Embarassed

Thankyou very much  cheers

Very interesting that it will be launched as a rattlesnake when it is a black mamba .

Laughing  Laughing Even if Bullyland is limoping along as a ghost of what it was a decade ago, again they came first with one : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
I look forward to be able to compare them bounce

SchleichWildlife

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 pm

Wow! I think the watering hole looks amazing! I will have to purchase it! Just a question: is the "lion rock" that attaches to the watering hole good quality? Like does it feel too light and cheap? Or is it quite good?

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:07 am

The watering Hole look great!

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:17 am

Amazing little world !
Back to top Go down
ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:56 am

schleichwildlifereserve wrote:
Wow! I think the watering hole looks amazing! I will have to purchase it! Just a question: is the "lion rock" that attaches to the watering hole good quality? Like does it feel too light and cheap? Or is it quite good?

It is amazing :-) but.... the lion rock is OK quality - they could've done better. Mine doesn't really attach or sit well, so if you knock it, it can sometimes fall over.... In general though, it functions and looks good.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Have you got the new waterfall and river already ? Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:24 am

Have you got the new waterfall and river already ? Very Happy

I will love to see it too!

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:30 pm

I will be getting it soon - next couple of weeks :-)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:23 pm

I will be getting it soon - next couple of weeks :-)

cheers cheers cheers cheers

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 am

These kind of scenery playsets were always fun to me when I was a kid. Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:59 am

These kind of scenery playsets were always fun to me when I was a kid. Very Happy

We didn't have such sets when I was a kid, but WOW, we would have loved them cheers

Still, I sort if imagine we had even more fun making stuff ourselves.
I had a farm, but rarely played with it, - it was so limited what to do with it scratch

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 pm

I certainly have more fun now than I did as a kid with scenery sets. I don't know why model scenery is so idyllic when you get older. Almost as if you want to create the perfect world as you realise this one isn't...... (or is that way tooo deep for this forum :-))

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:58 pm

I certainly have more fun now than I did as a kid with scenery sets.  I don't know why model scenery is so idyllic when you get older.  Almost as if you want to create the perfect world as you realise this one isn't......  (or is that way tooo deep for this forum :-))

Some of these realistic dioramas that other collectors have on here are absolutely amazing. I've always dreamed of being able to do that one day. It would look very nice with the current line and several of the retired ones. If I am ever one day able to do that, I'd probably feel pretty good. Very Happy

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:57 am

I certainly have more fun now than I did as a kid with scenery sets.  I don't know why model scenery is so idyllic when you get older.  Almost as if you want to create the perfect world as you realise this one isn't......  (or is that way tooo deep for this forum :-))

Well said Ghostme9 ! As kids we see the world "with and in " all its innocence and then the journey begins of experiencing how it is actually ... The model scenery is one way of reaching out for that "Peaceful World" and of what could have been or has been ... ( nothing is too deep on the forum cheers ) .. Ive been always fascinated and captivated by the miniature world especially .. it puts a spell on me drunken

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:21 pm

Laughing Laughing I think there are some pretty deep thinking people around here Laughing

Perhaps children have more imagination ?
I remeber back in the stoneage, when we played with model animals on the lawn, using stones and earth and branches for landscapes and stables and such. We had great fun Laughing
I can't really imagine myself doing that now...for one thong I would have a problem getting up again, if first I had been sitting there for some time farao Laughing

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Laughing Laughing I think there are some pretty deep thinking people around here Laughing

Perhaps children have more imagination ?
I remeber back in the stoneage, when we played with model animals on the lawn, using stones and earth and branches for landscapes and stables and such. We had great fun Laughing
I can't really imagine myself doing that now...for one thong I would have a problem getting up again, if first I had been sitting there for some time farao Laughing

Susanne me too !! there was a large Almond tree in our small garden those days and the roots made very interesting landscapes ,the rivers beds used to be cut out with some imagination and even having water pass down it , for me having a toy was a big luxury then... and I appreciate and love the collection I can afford today ! I love you

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:13 pm

Susanne me too !! there was a large Almond tree in our small garden those days and the roots made very interesting landscapes ,the rivers beds used to be cut out with some imagination and even having water pass down it , for me having a toy was a big luxury then... and I appreciate and love the collection I can afford today ! I love you

That sounds like the perfect landscape for playing in, - and what is more fun for children than playing with water and mud ? Laughing

And, yes ! Aren't we lucky to be able to live out the joy of the wonderful model animals ? Very Happy
When I was a child, most of us didn't have many toys either.
But I was lucky, because we had family in USA, who had children somewhat older than me, and they sent parcels with their spare clothes, and sometimes teddybears too ! Very Happy
It was beautyful, fine quality stuff, - I was actually teased in school because I had such nice clothes, - I have HATED nice clothes ever since Embarassed  Laughing  But LOVED the teddies  cheers

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:54 pm

The River section arrived tonight and I've put a walk-around / box opening in there. The Waterfall is on backorder - once it arrives, I'll do a waterfall walk-around and then a picture of them all connected together. One thing I'm wanting to find out is if two river sections can join together to extend it further. From what I see on the photos, I don't think it can.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:25 pm

The River section arrived tonight and I've put a walk-around / box opening in there.  The Waterfall is on backorder - once it arrives, I'll do a waterfall walk-around and then a picture of them all connected together.  One thing I'm wanting to find out is if two river sections can join together to extend it further.  From what I see on the photos, I don't think it can.

Thankyou for the wonderful, informative and beautyful walkarounds flower Applause

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:44 am

You're very welcome :-) I'm looking forward to the waterfall!!

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Waterfall pictures now in the walkaround section - enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:08 am

Waterfall pictures now in the walkaround section - enjoy!

thanks Ghostme9 ... the Waterfall is beautiful ... Schleich has done well with these sets .. in fact they have always done well with their sets! You have some prized collector items there !

PostSubject: Re: Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures   

Back to top Go down

Cave, Watering Hole, Death Valley & Other Pictures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1