Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

The year printed on the figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: The year printed on the figures   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:54 pm

I have been told that´s usually the year before it is released? But what happenes is an animal is just repainted and released again with the same mold - wouldn´t they change the year?

I´m asking because I have a turtle that has the year 1991 printed on it.
there was a turtle that came out in 1992, but the one I have looks much more like the one which came out in 2004, which is also more likely. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The year printed on the figures   Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:32 pm

The year printed represents the year the mold was created, therefore the year previous to its original release date. Thats why it doesnt change when its repainted and rereleased.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The year printed on the figures   Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Paige to the rescue cheers cheers

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The year printed on the figures   Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Ok, thank you! It makes sense, the one I have is much more similar to the 2004 one. Thanks for clearing that up!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The year printed on the figures   Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:16 pm

No problem, I'm glad I could help. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The year printed on the figures   Today at 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down

The year printed on the figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1