Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)

Go down 
+8
Ana
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
LeeAnn
Robert
widukind
Wilorvise
Saarlooswolfhound
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) Empty
PostSubject: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySat 12 Dec 2015, 04:52

Here are two resculpted models by Lea, ready for me to ruin them with a coat of paint. Rolling Eyes However they were hard to photograph, so I apologize if the detail doesn't quite come through. However they are also stunning models and if I get the chance I will try to finish them up over my winter break at which time I will post finished product photos. However, I will let these alterations on the one, and the complete transformation of the other speak for themselves.
First the dane. Although he has the cropped ears, it offers two versions of this amazing breed for my collection. And, I'd rather have a model "butchered" than the real thing. Rolling Eyes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the other type of Ovcharka. I LOVE his curly tail.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Phew! Now after this all took me (literally) all day long to finally post them, I can go to sleep. Laughing Wonderful models done by a good friend, I hope you enjoy these walkarounds.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySat 12 Dec 2015, 05:08

Congrats! They're lovely!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySat 12 Dec 2015, 09:49

Beautieful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySat 12 Dec 2015, 10:25

Great work! Applause
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySat 12 Dec 2015, 15:15

They're awesome cheers What colors are you thinking of doing?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySat 12 Dec 2015, 19:58

Thank you everyone. I'm not too familiar with Ovcharkas as a breed, so I need to do some research of coloration that is existent in that breed (a mere google search of Ovcharkas brought up all sorts of other dogs, including Tibetan mastiffs etc. which doesn't help me), but for the Dane I am thinking about smoky gray, a mostly solid black, or perhaps the spotted gray and black colors. I don't want to do a fawn since whenever I get my hands on the Schleich model that color will be filled, and I don't need more spotted since the Schleich and papo figures are. But of course, I'm open to any suggestions. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySun 13 Dec 2015, 03:43

I love the expression on the Dane's face! Lea, you did a fantastic job!

I don't know your painting skills, black would certainly be the easiest. Blue (solid grey w/ grey leathers) shouldn't be hard either, and is unusual enough there probably won't be commercial models of it. Brindle is common and attractive, but harder. Blue merle (black and grey) and Boston (black with white markings like the classic Border collie markings) wouldn't be hard, but are disqualified colors per the breed standard. (they persist because they are caused by the same genes responsible for the acceptable and desired harlequin pattern)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySun 13 Dec 2015, 09:00

HOLY HAMSTER affraid

They are PERFECT bounce bounce

I am seriously in love, ohh, and all the wonderful detail WOW cheers Applause cheers

Congratulations with these two magnificen doggies cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySun 13 Dec 2015, 21:05

Beautifully re sculpted dogs! Great work by Lea! Congratulations for getting them! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySun 13 Dec 2015, 21:36

Thanks guys, all of her figures she gave to me, the collie, ovcharkas (2), akita, and dane are all masterpieces. Smile

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptySun 13 Dec 2015, 22:27

Stunning models-love the Ovcharka!I have seen dogs similar to this breed-The Caucasian Shepherd and the Central Asian Shepherd dog and this model is wonderful! Applause Applause

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptyMon 14 Dec 2015, 00:24

The Great Dane is gorgeous!! I love you  Although I personally prefer the one with the natural ears. Embarassed This is my grey Papo dane, although not a very good picture (http://nimga.de/f/Adb40.jpg)
And the Ovcharka - wow, what a wonderful dog!! Congratulations to them !! cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptyMon 14 Dec 2015, 14:14

A Boston marked Great Dane would look great! Smile

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptyMon 14 Dec 2015, 23:22

Beautiful models !

Sassyscribbler

Sassyscribbler

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015, 17:57

Awesome! I especially love the great dane!

Check out my work on...

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instagram: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)   Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka) Empty

Back to top Go down

Customized Papo Great dane and newfoundland (into the mountain type of Ovcharka)
Page 1 of 1