Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:21 am

Here is the Cape buffalo from Battat's Terra series:

With Mojö bull and Schleich calf:

The most significant aspect of this figure is that it works very well, in my opinion, as a female. The horns are more like a bull's, but everything else is quite cow-like. Very Happy

Last edited by A.R.Garcia on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:43 am

Nice buffalo and cute oxpecker :)

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:29 am

Nice model, the body is a little bit short but I agree it would be a nice little cow. One more on my far too long wishlist Laughing

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:06 pm

The figure is decent but apparently not as nice as its counterparts. Though, very nice to go in a herd and it is interesting the detail of the oxpecker much in line with what Safari did. Very Happy

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Cool. Where did you get it?

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:10 pm

SeanieP wrote:

I found it at Target, while I was checking the Battat display to see which dinosaurs were in stock. The individual modern animals were all mixed together, apparently with a uniform price of $3.50. Very Happy

I didn't want to bog down the first post with my commentary, so I will now. geek  In person, this figure has really charmed me for some reason. It is notably free of the sculpting quirkiness that I've found somewhat off-putting in many of the other Terra models. Adjustment to the horn bases (for a female), and toning down the black mane would probably improve it. The horns are nice and sharp- I'm tempted to sharpen the horns of the Mojo model now. I think it also has potential for conversion to a forest buffalo. The bird is also a nice touch, even if the species is ambiguous. Has Safari removed the birds from their model? I don't own one but there seems to be two different versions pictured online. scratch

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Nice walk around

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
SeanieP wrote:

I found it at Target, while I was checking the Battat display to see which dinosaurs were in stock. The individual modern animals were all mixed together, apparently with a uniform price of $3.50. Very Happy

I didn't want to bog down the first post with my commentary, so I will now. geek  In person, this figure has really charmed me for some reason. It is notably free of the sculpting quirkiness that I've found somewhat off-putting in many of the other Terra models. Adjustment to the horn bases (for a female), and toning down the black mane would probably improve it. The horns are nice and sharp- I'm tempted to sharpen the horns of the Mojo model now. I think it also has potential for conversion to a forest buffalo. The bird is also a nice touch, even if the species is ambiguous. Has Safari removed the birds from their model? I don't own one but there seems to be two different versions pictured online. scratch

Thanks--That is where I thought you got it. I see them at Target here in Mass. but no buffalo. I will keep looking. I cannot find them online to purchase anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:55 pm

SeanieP wrote:

Thanks--That is where I thought you got it. I see them at Target here in Mass. but no buffalo. I will keep looking. I cannot find them online to purchase anywhere.

This was the first time I saw this buffalo, as well as a bison. They are probably newer models so I think you will find one.

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:05 am

Anyone know where I can get hold of this model?  Is someone able to get hold of this and a couple of others for me?
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:23 am

Numaan wrote:
Anyone know where I can get hold of this model?  Is someone able to get hold of this and a couple of others for me?

I got mine today at Target in the US today. But out of 3 shelves of animal models, I could only find ONE Cape Buffalo. I do like her. Other Terra models are toyish and the scales are all over the place. The cows/bulls are pretty good.

Country/State : China Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:20 am

It's hard to find cape buffalo and bison in target. Congratulations!

Hawkins Zhang
Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:52 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
The most significant aspect of this figure is that it works very well, in my opinion, as a female. The horns are more like a bull's, but everything else is quite cow-like. Very Happy

I totally agree - it really does complement existing models as a female....although I always thought the male and female horns were identical? Is that not the case...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:56 pm

They're not identical at all, mainly the "boss" middle horns hump. Males have them often more curled as you can see in this picture below.

Male left, female right, externally linked from aratusa.com

Country/State : Minnesota, USA

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:09 pm

I was looking through the bin at Target and this popped out at me. Like A.R. It is better in real life than in photos. Not hugely impressed with the rest of the range, but this model is a winner.
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:20 am

Pictures have been re-uploaded. Smile

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:27 am

You did it, Andy! Wonderful! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround   

Back to top Go down

Battat Terra Cape Buffalo- a walkaround
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1