Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!

Go down 
+4
sbell
Komodo Dragon
SUSANNE
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:53 am

Play Visions, among their known bulks of 6 to 8 figures, also released a series of small 24 prehistoric figures, mostly dinosaurs.
These figures, contrarily to most of others, are not marked PV but we can identify them once all of them are marked with a number, animal name and "China".
They were apparently grouped in sets of 12 and there were probably several other combinations.
The only goal of Toy Animal Wiki editors was to list all 24 figures in this page.
Now, all of them are known thanks to Beatrice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Yvette [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - which pictures can be seen below!
Thanks to all! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1. Polacanthus

2. . Corythosaurus*

3. Brachiosaurus

4. Ankylosaurus

5. Palaeoscincus

6. Tyrannosaurus Rex

7. Cynognathus

8. Pteranodon

9. Protoceratops

10. Psittacosaurus*

11. Plateosaurus*

12. Pachycephalosaurus

13. Anatosaurus

14. Stegosaurus

15. Ouranosaurus

16. Iguanodon*

17. Brontosaurus

18. Triceratops

19. Parasaurolophus

20. Moropus*

21. Deinonychus

22. Daspletosaurus

23. Dimetrodon

24. Allosaurus

Last edited by Roger on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:39 pm

No idea :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:52 am

Beatrice is an authority in these matters, anytime I try to get more info and despite knowing how cooperative are our members, I am often unsuccessful once nobody seems to know more about these figures, myself included. Though, the topic will keep for reference of other collectors and who knows, with time, someone can find more info and share here. bounce Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:42 am

Yes , we can always hope Rolling Eyes

You and Beatrice already did a great job. The fact that nobody seems to know more then ( or as much as) you, speaks for itself Wink

Komodo Dragon

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:59 pm

I have the brachiosaurus, and the paint is worn off.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 12:31 am

I know them, although I never bough them; they are the same as the Mech-style figures, and should have the same numbering.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 9:02 pm

I've been looking for this information as well. The list of species is not the same as the Mech/Panini set, although there is definitely strong overlap and some of the molds are very similar or identical. I have the whole set of either Mech or Panini (I'm not actually sure how to tell the difference), and the numbering doesn't match. Polacanthus, for example, is not [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The Play Visions set also includes some new species. Mech/Panini didn't include Ouranosaurus or Pachycephalosaurus, for example. For what it's worth, here is the numbering for the set I have:

1. Corythosaurus
2. Ankylosaurus
3. Pteranodon
4. Tyrannosaurus
5. Stegosaurus
6. Camptosaurus
7. Iguanodon
8. Brontosaurus
9. Protoceratops
10. Triceratops
11. Parasaurolophus
12. Dimetrodon
13. Elasmosaurus
14. Tylosaurus
15. Ichthyosaurus
16. Palaeoscincus
17. Polacanthus
18. Smilodon
19. Coelodonta
20. Cynognathus
21. Mammuthus
22. Moropus
23. Diatryma
24. Brachiosaurus

The only other information I can offer on the PV set is that it also includes a Cynognathus, because I've been looking for one for a while. I don't know its number, unfortunately.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 9:21 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

You and Beatrice already did a great job. The fact that nobody seems to know more then ( or as much as) you, speaks for itself Wink

I am not knowledgeable about Play Visions, most of what I learned was with Beatrice and other forum members. Actually, the work of organizing them on TAI made me aware how diversified and wonderful are the collections of this company. Very Happy

Komodo Dragon wrote:

Interesting, keep searching among your treasure, maybe you find something missing here. Very Happy

sbell wrote:
I know them, although I never bough them; they are the same as the Mech-style figures, and should have the same numbering.

Thanks Sean, what are Mechstyle figures? scratch

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:24 am

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I am not knowledgeable about Play Visions, most of what I learned was with Beatrice and other forum members. Actually, the work of organizing them on TAI made me aware how diversified and wonderful are the collections of this company. Very Happy

Komodo Dragon wrote:

Interesting, keep searching among your treasure, maybe you find something missing here. Very Happy

sbell wrote:

They are a set from the company MECH--similar in style to the Panini ones, but a little larger. And most of the species are the same as in the Play Visions set, but not painted the same.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:15 pm

sbell wrote:

sbell wrote:

They are a set from the company MECH--similar in style to the Panini ones, but a little larger. And most of the species are the same as in the Play Visions set, but not painted the same.[/quote]

Thanks Sean, so I'll have something more to research! Very Happy

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:16 pm

I recently found these two. As has been pointed out, without the "PV" stamp it's difficult to be certain that they belong to this set, but I think that at least one does: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stamped with "Anatosaurus", "China", and the number 13.

This one appears to be the same mold as the Stegosaurus posted earlier, and is also stamped with the number 14, but is of course a different paint job and may be part of a different line.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:01 am

halichoeres wrote:
I recently found these two. As has been pointed out, without the "PV" stamp it's difficult to be certain that they belong to this set, but I think that at least one does:
Stamped with "Anatosaurus", "China", and the number 13.

This one appears to be the same mold as the Stegosaurus posted earlier, and is also stamped with the number 14, but is of course a different paint job and may be part of a different line.

Fantastic Alich! cheers I will upload them at Toy Animal Wiki! These figures were much probably available with several color variations, These non brand marked were probably sold with several other brand names but they are surely the same sold by Play Visions, it was a too big coincidence that the same numbering was used. Many thanks! cheers

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:20 am

My very great pleasure! I'm glad I could be of use.

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 4:56 pm

I've found a few more:

Ankylosaurus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Deinonychus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Daspletosaurus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Allosaurus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 9:03 pm

halichoeres wrote:
I've found a few more:

Halich, once more thanks for providing these pictures and thanks also for MEch/Panini list that it seems I missed before. It may be useful in future to TAI either.
Everything is already updated at the Wiki and on first post of this topic. Keep the good work and good luck finding new figures to your collection. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 1:24 pm

With the cynognathus from Yvette we have now 18 of 24! Very Happy Only 6 missing to complete this charming series on TAI! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks to Beatrice, now it is only missing 5 figures to complete this cute dino series on TAI.
The last added was:
9. Protoceratops

Is there any of the missing hidden in your collections? bounce bounce

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 9:26 pm

Not in mine. Almost all my collection is made of known-regular species made by unknown-irregular companies.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 9:56 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Not in mine. Almost all my collection is made of known-regular species made by unknown-irregular companies.

Laughing That's a good description of your collection indeed. :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 am

Dear friends, we took almost 3 years to see this collection completed since this topic was started, but finally we have them all on Toy Animal Wiki once Beatrice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] found the missing ones! cheers You can see the last 5 added below but it worth to see the first post or the page on TAI. Thanks to all!

2. . Corythosaurus

10. Psittacosaurus

11. Plateosaurus
16. Iguanodon

20. Moropus

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 am

Hurray for Beatrice, hurray to TAI.
cheers  cheers

it's a huge triumph for all.

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 am

That's exciting!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 10:40 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!   Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions Dinosaurs group of 24, COMPLETED!!!
Page 1 of 1