Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 
 

 Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSpottedCat



Country/State : Sweden
Age : 22
Joined : 2012-10-29
Posts : 228

PostSubject: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events? I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to go yet. I don't have lots of money to throw around myself
and I have never been to any kind of model horse related shows. So it is a rather big step to travel abroad to do it the first time.
Nobody I knows cares about the plastic kind of horses, and even hardly the living breathing type of horse. So I have no friends to go with
me except my partner who is really not interested in plastic horses, at, all. It might be so I end up walking around myself, with the darling
going somewhere else entirely during the day. Which is rather frightening, being alone, in a different country, nobody there to correct you when
you don't remember the English words for things and simply can't ask in Swedish. I have literally never been in that situation. There have always
been someone there to correct me, or the person I'm talking to somewhat understand Swedish anyway. And after watching British shows the last
couple of weeks, I'm afraid peoples dialects might make it hard for me to understand. Now I'm just starting to ramble.

Any who, if I'm going, it's most probably to Kent. If I'm to go to England I will also spend some days in London. Like going to the natural history museum! Dream!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9901

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:41 pm

If you want to go and you are able to, then go! You can do it, don't doubt yourself. Very Happy You'll just ruin the entire experience if you end up doubting yourself. You won't be alone at the event either, there will be plenty of other hobbyists around that you'll be able to chat with and hang out with, even if you don't have the same native language Wink Maybe your partner can come with you to enjoy the other activities you plan on doing, and stay back at the hotel for the CF event? Then you're not totally by yourself. You might just find if he does come with you to the CF event you might want to be by yourself anyway Laughing When I went to BF I actually spent the majority of my time by myself, without the other people I came with Wink But that's just me, I'm more of an independent person anyway. Plus I'm used to being by myself in a large event setting. You'll just have to decide what makes you more comfortable. Will you be alright in a large crowd by yourself or would you prefer to have someone with you? I'd offer for you to join me at BF and the CF event but I understand coming here isn't cheap Very Happy

Enough of my rambling, I'm planning on going to the one in KY so long as they don't overlap the event date with NAN. ...and of course so long as they actually have the event. I know they were having trouble securing a venue since everything is pretty much booked already. Maybe they'll just share a room in the CHIN or something? Who knows.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
TheSpottedCat



Country/State : Sweden
Age : 22
Joined : 2012-10-29
Posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Sorry for taking so long answaring. I don't often know what to say.
Thank you for offering you're company if we was on the same continent Laughing
My partner have promised to go with me and spend the day there. Seeing as we have already been to things I did not find intresting in the slightest several times, I'm told it's only fair. We have bought the tickets to Northamptonshire. So it's decided. It's just the plastic kind of horses anyway, not the deadly kryptonic kind.

I do hope they don't use the connemara as special event model in USA, I might die if it is pretty and I can't have it Rolling Eyes

I also can't really be in the show, as I can't really bring any models with me. I also want to have as much room as possible for new acquisitions.

Do you think people will or are allowed to sell retired breyer horses and other things? I have been wondering if I would ask it on the Copperfox facebook.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9901

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:23 am

That's okay! Very Happy

Glad you decided to go! I think you'll enjoy it.

I really want the UK tour model, I think his name is Bertie? The pinto cob. bounce bounce Actually I was looking for someone that might be able to get one for me, do you know if they sell that one separately or do you only get that one with the ticket?

Well, if it turns out I don't like the US tour model we can trade Very Happy Can't wait until they release it!

I'm not sure if you can sell or not - I would think you would be allowed to sell from your show table but if you're not showing then that doesn't work. Yeah, I would ask on their facebook page.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
whitestones



Country/State : England
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events? I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to go yet. I don't have lots of money to throw around myself and I have never been to any kind of model horse related shows. So it is a rather big step to travel abroad to do it the first time.

I'm going to the one in Devon  Very Happy
You don't need loads of money and you'll have a blast. Everyone over here is so friendly. Just explain that it's your first show and everyone will help out and answer any questions you may have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So I have no friends to go with me except my partner who is really not interested in plastic horses, at, all. It might be so I end up walking around myself, with the darling going somewhere else entirely during the day. Which is rather frightening, being alone, in a different country, nobody there to correct you when you don't remember the English words for things and simply can't ask in Swedish. I have literally never been in that situation. There have always been someone there to correct me, or the person I'm talking to somewhat understand Swedish anyway. And after watching British shows the last couple of weeks, I'm afraid peoples dialects might make it hard for me to understand. Now I'm just starting to ramble.

As I said above - you will be fine  Very Happy You'll end up meeting some wonderful people and I'm sure that your English will be fine, and our dialects are not that bad lol
If it's easier why not get a Swedish/English dictionary to help with any translations. Then if there is anything you don't understand you can look it up or folks at the show can find the English word for you to translate Very Happy  
Your English here is great - I'm sure you will have no problems cheers

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
whitestones



Country/State : England
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
We have bought the tickets to Northamptonshire. So it's decided.

WAHOO!  cheers
I'm so glad you decided to get tickets - you will have a blast  Very Happy
Are you on Facebook? If you are why not join the British Model Horse Collectors page and then you can ask who else is going and then it won't be so scary as you'll then know others who are going.  Plus there is a CF FB group for each event so again you'll have a chance to 'meet' others who are going before you get there  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also can't really be in the show, as I can't really bring any models with me. I also want to have as much room as possible for new acquisitions.
What about a few SM's or Mini Winnies - if you have them? They take up no space at all Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Do you think people will or are allowed to sell retired breyer horses and other things? I have been wondering if I would ask it on the Copperfox facebook.

Yes - sales tables are allowed. I already asked Wink

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
whitestones



Country/State : England
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I really want the UK tour model, I think his name is Bertie? The pinto cob. bounce bounce Actually I was looking for someone that might be able to get one for me, do you know if they sell that one separately or do you only get that one with the ticket?

He is limited to one per person, you have to be a paid ticket holder to buy him, he will be split between all the events and is limited to CF events only!
I'm not sure what will happen if they don't all sell at the CF Events - online maybe???

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9901

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I really want the UK tour model, I think his name is Bertie? The pinto cob. bounce bounce Actually I was looking for someone that might be able to get one for me, do you know if they sell that one separately or do you only get that one with the ticket?

He is limited to one per person, you have to be a paid ticket holder to buy him, he will be split between all the events and is limited to CF events only!
I'm not sure what will happen if they don't all sell at the CF Events - online maybe???

I hope they sell some online! But I'm sure they will sell out. I asked on the Facebook page and was told they would not be sold online Sad  By any chance do you know anyone going but doesn't want/like the model? I don't know many people in the UK.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
whitestones



Country/State : England
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I hope they sell some online! But I'm sure they will sell out. I asked on the Facebook page and was told they would not be sold online Sad  By any chance do you know anyone going but doesn't want/like the model? I don't know many people in the UK.

I have not heard of anyone who is buying to sell - but I'm sure some will pop up on the second hand market at some point Wink

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9901

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:46 pm

I really hope so! bounce

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
whitestones



Country/State : England
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:43 pm

The first CF Tour date is tomorrow ... cheers
Anyone going?

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?   Today at 8:45 am

Back to top Go down
 
Anybody going to the Copperfox tour events?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Tour and Tarmac Events
» Dr Who USA Tour in the 80s
» Gary Forney and IOWA MOUNTAIN TOUR
» [solved]XAS and push events (NPC)???
» Do i really reqiore a Tour Guide with this one?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Other modern companies-
Jump to: