Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Suggestions for the SUY of July, click HERE sunny

Share | 

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Due to the growing interest around CollectA figures and after some requests of size comparisons with the widely available Schleich, I decided to make a compilation of some comparison pictures that we can find on forum.
CollectA horse figures have their comparison with Schleich in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already. :)
As long as more pictures are found topic will be updated and further contributions to this topic are appreciated. Very Happy

American bisons by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Black-backed jackals by Numaan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Giraffes compared with Schleich giraffe by Kikimalou

Gorillas by Anna

Markhor with Schleich Ibex by Kikimalou

Okapis by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/center]

Red river hog with Schleich warthog by Kikimalou

Rocky Mountain goats with Schleich's by @Lazersword1973

White rhino calf with SCHLEICH black rhino calf by Kikimalou

White-tailed wildebeest with Schleich blue gnus by Numaan

Zebra with Schleich's by Kikimalou

Bowhead whale with Schleich grey whale and Schleich right whale by Kikimalou

Leatherback sea turtle with Papo's and Schleich sea turtle by Numaan

Orca calves by Karin

Pilot whale with Schleich bottlenose dolphin by Kikimalou

Sawfish with Schleich's by Numaan

Spotted seal adult and pup compared to Schleich seals by Numaan

Mute swans by @Lazersword

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Roger on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Great idea Roger! This is very helpful cheers

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:24 pm

Indeed very helpful Very Happy

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers
This is a brilliant idea, Roger! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:58 am

Good idea

Country/State : france

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Good work Roger

I've always found that size models is similar between Schleich and CollectA, except the okapi for example : I have the Schleich model and I find it too big compared with Schleich african elephant.
The CollectA okapi has a more realistic size (one head smaller as you can see).
The size difference is much more important between these two brands and Papo, about 25-30 %.
So it's difficult for me to add Papo models to my collection because of their bigger size.

Retoric
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks for your comments, I am glad this topic is helpful! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Good work Roger

I've always found that size models is similar between Schleich and CollectA, except the okapi for example : I have the Schleich model and I find it too big compared with Schleich african elephant.
The CollectA okapi has a more realistic size (one head smaller as you can see).
The size difference is much more important between these two brands and Papo, about 25-30 %.
So it's difficult for me to add Papo models to my collection because of their bigger size.

Retoric  

The question about sizes is a myth, the differences between Schleich and CollectA are less relevant than the differences between some animals of the same company. You're giving a good example, Schleich elephant is ridiculously small when compared with Schleich okapi, the same happens when you compare both figures from Papo or CollectA. You're again right about okapi better proportions on CollectA's figure, actually, their difference in size is not dramatic and it could easily happen in real life, the problem is indeed the big head of Schleich's figure that makes it look more toyish.
My major brand okapi is the Papo that works nicely with those from other brands, my 2nd favorite is CollectA, there's an interesting discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)
About Papo, they're in average larger, that's a fact, maybe it is a good idea that I open a similar topic comparing Papo and Schleich? scratch

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Yes, this makes a useful assortment of pictures all in one place. That springbok seems to shrink every time I see a picture of it! It is a very delicate figure...

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Great thread, extremely useful, thank you Roger! Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:12 pm

What a fantastic detective work you did, - Hurrayy for the most brilliant croc Crocodile

VERY interesting Applause

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:56 am

Thanks for your comments, I am glad this topic is helpful! Very Happy

Yes Sir! Thank you very much cheers

The question about sizes is a myth, the differences between Schleich and CollectA are less relevant than the differences between some animals of the same company. You're giving a good example, Schleich elephant is ridiculously small when compared with Schleich okapi, the same happens when you compare both figures from Papo or CollectA. You're again right about okapi better proportions on CollectA's figure, actually, their difference in size is not dramatic and it could easily happen in real life, the problem is indeed the big head of Schleich's figure that makes it look more toyish.
My major brand okapi is the Papo that works nicely with those from other brands, my 2nd favorite is CollectA, there's an interesting discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)

Yes Sir! I agree wththese wise words Very Happy

About Papo, they're in average larger, that's a fact, maybe it is a good idea that I open a similar topic comparing Papo and Schleich? scratch

Yes Sir! Go for it bounce

Thank you Rogério my croc Wink

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Wink

Yes Sir! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing monkey Very Happy

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Can't we make these Stickies? And can we add more photos to these topics??

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:09 pm

More photos? Of course! cheers Everyone can add more photos and they'll be added to the first post. Even other pictures on forum that are not listed here are very welcome. Very Happy
About stickies, to prevent many of them, Christophe created and stickied a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of these comparison topics where we can find easily each topic. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:08 pm

More photos? Of course! cheers Everyone can add more photos and they'll be added to the first post. Even other pictures on forum that are not listed here are very welcome. Very Happy
About stickies, to prevent many of them, Christophe created and stickied a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of these comparison topics where we can find easily each topic. Very Happy

Oke! Very Happy Thank you Roger! Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Wink

Yes Sir! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing monkey Very Happy

Thank you my lord cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   

Back to top Go down

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!
Page 1 of 1