Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!

Go down 
+11
RtasVadumee
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
under-water
A.R.Garcia
retoric
widukind
Tove
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Roger
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! Empty
PostSubject: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Due to the growing interest around CollectA figures and after some requests of size comparisons with the widely available Schleich, I decided to make a compilation of some comparison pictures that we can find on forum.
CollectA horse figures have their comparison with Schleich in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already. :)
As long as more pictures are found topic will be updated and further contributions to this topic are appreciated. Very Happy

American bisons by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Black-backed jackals by Numaan

Giraffes compared with Schleich giraffe by Kikimalou

Gorillas by Anna

Red river hog with Schleich warthog by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/center]

Schleich 2020 Reindeer and CollectA Caribou by Susanne

Rocky Mountain goats with Schleich's by @Lazersword1973

White rhino calf with SCHLEICH black rhino calf by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/center]

White-tailed wildebeest with Schleich blue gnus by Numaan

Zebra with Schleich's by Kikimalou

Leatherback sea turtle with Papo's and Schleich sea turtle by Numaan

Orca calves by Karin

Pilot whale with Schleich bottlenose dolphin by Kikimalou

Sawfish with Schleich's by Numaan

Spotted seal adult and pup compared to Schleich seals by Numaan

CollectA 2022 Alpaca with Schleich 2012 Alpaca mare

Mute swans by @Lazersword

Last edited by Roger on Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Great idea Roger! This is very helpful cheers

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Indeed very helpful Very Happy

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers
This is a brilliant idea, Roger! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:58 am

Good idea

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
retoric

retoric

Country/State : france

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:37 am

Good work Roger

I've always found that size models is similar between Schleich and CollectA, except the okapi for example : I have the Schleich model and I find it too big compared with Schleich african elephant.
The CollectA okapi has a more realistic size (one head smaller as you can see).
The size difference is much more important between these two brands and Papo, about 25-30 %.
So it's difficult for me to add Papo models to my collection because of their bigger size.

Retoric
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:55 am

Thanks for your comments, I am glad this topic is helpful! Very Happy

retoric wrote:
Good work Roger

I've always found that size models is similar between Schleich and CollectA, except the okapi for example : I have the Schleich model and I find it too big compared with Schleich african elephant.
The CollectA okapi has a more realistic size (one head smaller as you can see).
The size difference is much more important between these two brands and Papo, about 25-30 %.
So it's difficult for me to add Papo models to my collection because of their bigger size.

Retoric  

The question about sizes is a myth, the differences between Schleich and CollectA are less relevant than the differences between some animals of the same company. You're giving a good example, Schleich elephant is ridiculously small when compared with Schleich okapi, the same happens when you compare both figures from Papo or CollectA. You're again right about okapi better proportions on CollectA's figure, actually, their difference in size is not dramatic and it could easily happen in real life, the problem is indeed the big head of Schleich's figure that makes it look more toyish.
My major brand okapi is the Papo that works nicely with those from other brands, my 2nd favorite is CollectA, there's an interesting discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)
About Papo, they're in average larger, that's a fact, maybe it is a good idea that I open a similar topic comparing Papo and Schleich? scratch

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 8:42 pm

Yes, this makes a useful assortment of pictures all in one place. That springbok seems to shrink every time I see a picture of it! It is a very delicate figure...

under-water

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Great thread, extremely useful, thank you Roger! Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:12 pm

What a fantastic detective work you did, - Hurrayy for the most brilliant croc Crocodile

VERY interesting Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:56 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks for your comments, I am glad this topic is helpful! Very Happy

Yes Sir! Thank you very much cheers

Roger wrote:

The question about sizes is a myth, the differences between Schleich and CollectA are less relevant than the differences between some animals of the same company. You're giving a good example, Schleich elephant is ridiculously small when compared with Schleich okapi, the same happens when you compare both figures from Papo or CollectA. You're again right about okapi better proportions on CollectA's figure, actually, their difference in size is not dramatic and it could easily happen in real life, the problem is indeed the big head of Schleich's figure that makes it look more toyish.
My major brand okapi is the Papo that works nicely with those from other brands, my 2nd favorite is CollectA, there's an interesting discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)

Yes Sir! I agree wththese wise words Very Happy

Roger wrote:

About Papo, they're in average larger, that's a fact, maybe it is a good idea that I open a similar topic comparing Papo and Schleich? scratch

Yes Sir! Go for it bounce

Thank you Rogério my croc Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:14 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Roger wrote:

Wink

Yes Sir! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing monkey Very Happy

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Can't we make these Stickies? And can we add more photos to these topics??

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 pm

NightLioness wrote:

More photos? Of course! cheers Everyone can add more photos and they'll be added to the first post. Even other pictures on forum that are not listed here are very welcome. Very Happy
About stickies, to prevent many of them, Christophe created and stickied a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of these comparison topics where we can find easily each topic. Very Happy

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Roger wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

More photos? Of course! cheers Everyone can add more photos and they'll be added to the first post. Even other pictures on forum that are not listed here are very welcome. Very Happy
About stickies, to prevent many of them, Christophe created and stickied a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of these comparison topics where we can find easily each topic. Very Happy

Oke! Very Happy Thank you Roger! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Roger wrote:

Wink

Yes Sir! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing monkey Very Happy

Thank you my lord cheers
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi,

Can anyone take a comparison picture of :
- the newer Schleich American bison next to CollectA one
- CollectA new African leopard next to a Schleich big cat (a lion for example)
- CollectA new sloth next to the Schleich one
- CollectA new Komodo dragon next to Schleich last one
- CollectA new puffin next to the Schleich one
- CollectA Grevy's zebra next to a Scleich one
- Schleich newer mountain goat next to CollectA ones

Thanks Laughing
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 6:38 am

I would love to see the African Penguins in comparison as I wrote in a different thread..
Also, the Collecta female chimpanzee with Schleich's current male if possible.

RtasVadumee, the 2020 collecta figures that you mentioned above are not going to be released before June..
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 8:57 am

Ah... I didn't know.

Here is the Schleich African penguin next to Collecta Gentoo and Rockhopper, I don't know if it can help you...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 12:04 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Ah... I didn't know.

Here is the Schleich African penguin next to Collecta Gentoo and Rockhopper, I don't know if it can help you...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I believe the goal is too know the size of the CollectA African penguin instead of the Schleich African penguin.
Not many people here have the CollectA figure and I also only have the Schleich, it arrived first and it is much easier to find. Though, according with online sources, the Schleich figure is 51 mm tall while the CollectA is 58 mm tall, considering, obviously, that these sources are trusteable.

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 12:30 pm

Well, my goal is to see one next to the other to decide which one I'll buy, not so much for their size. I've seen both figures in different shops and I was not able to decide. Lately I'm thinking more the collecta one, it also costs a bit less. Not a big deal though, both are good. Thank you both!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Here are the mountain goats and Zebras Wink
I mainly have the CollectAs of rare species, and Schleich does not have many of those.

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Thank you Susanne !

I also mostly have rare species from CollectA but now I have almost all of them, I am planning to get some more common species to complete my collection. However I need to make sure they look good next to my Schleich/Papo (and it's not only a matter of size).

What do you think about Grevy's zebra ? I know it is the largerst zebra but isn't it a bit too large ?

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 6:33 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Thank you Susanne !

I also mostly have rare species from CollectA but now I have almost all of them, I am planning to get some more common species to complete my collection. However I need to make sure they look good next to my Schleich/Papo (and it's not only a matter of size).

What do you think about Grevy's zebra ? I know it is the largerst zebra but isn't it a bit too large ?

You are welcome Wink

What I say about the Grevy ? I ADORE him , and do not care one bit about size cheers Laughing

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 am

SUSANNE wrote:

RtasVadumee wrote:

P. D. I've just bought mine today Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next