Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! Empty
PostSubject: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Due to the growing interest around CollectA figures and after some requests of size comparisons with the widely available Schleich, I decided to make a compilation of some comparison pictures that we can find on forum.
CollectA horse figures have their comparison with Schleich in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already. :)
As long as more pictures are found topic will be updated and further contributions to this topic are appreciated. Very Happy

American bisons by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Black-backed jackals by Numaan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Giraffes compared with Schleich giraffe by Kikimalou

Gorillas by Anna

Red river hog with Schleich warthog by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/center]

Schleich 2020 Reindeer and CollectA Caribou by Susanne

Rocky Mountain goats with Schleich's by @Lazersword1973

White rhino calf with SCHLEICH black rhino calf by Kikimalou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/center]

White-tailed wildebeest with Schleich blue gnus by Numaan

Zebra with Schleich's by Kikimalou

Leatherback sea turtle with Papo's and Schleich sea turtle by Numaan

Orca calves by Karin

Pilot whale with Schleich bottlenose dolphin by Kikimalou

Sawfish with Schleich's by Numaan

Spotted seal adult and pup compared to Schleich seals by Numaan

Mute swans by @Lazersword

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Roger on Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Great idea Roger! This is very helpful cheers

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:24 pm

Indeed very helpful Very Happy

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers
This is a brilliant idea, Roger! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:58 am

Good idea

retoric

Country/State : france

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Good work Roger

I've always found that size models is similar between Schleich and CollectA, except the okapi for example : I have the Schleich model and I find it too big compared with Schleich african elephant.
The CollectA okapi has a more realistic size (one head smaller as you can see).
The size difference is much more important between these two brands and Papo, about 25-30 %.
So it's difficult for me to add Papo models to my collection because of their bigger size.

Retoric
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks for your comments, I am glad this topic is helpful! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Good work Roger

I've always found that size models is similar between Schleich and CollectA, except the okapi for example : I have the Schleich model and I find it too big compared with Schleich african elephant.
The CollectA okapi has a more realistic size (one head smaller as you can see).
The size difference is much more important between these two brands and Papo, about 25-30 %.
So it's difficult for me to add Papo models to my collection because of their bigger size.

Retoric  

The question about sizes is a myth, the differences between Schleich and CollectA are less relevant than the differences between some animals of the same company. You're giving a good example, Schleich elephant is ridiculously small when compared with Schleich okapi, the same happens when you compare both figures from Papo or CollectA. You're again right about okapi better proportions on CollectA's figure, actually, their difference in size is not dramatic and it could easily happen in real life, the problem is indeed the big head of Schleich's figure that makes it look more toyish.
My major brand okapi is the Papo that works nicely with those from other brands, my 2nd favorite is CollectA, there's an interesting discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)
About Papo, they're in average larger, that's a fact, maybe it is a good idea that I open a similar topic comparing Papo and Schleich? scratch

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Yes, this makes a useful assortment of pictures all in one place. That springbok seems to shrink every time I see a picture of it! It is a very delicate figure...

under-water

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Great thread, extremely useful, thank you Roger! Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 11:12 pm

What a fantastic detective work you did, - Hurrayy for the most brilliant croc Crocodile

VERY interesting Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:56 am

Thanks for your comments, I am glad this topic is helpful! Very Happy

Yes Sir! Thank you very much cheers

The question about sizes is a myth, the differences between Schleich and CollectA are less relevant than the differences between some animals of the same company. You're giving a good example, Schleich elephant is ridiculously small when compared with Schleich okapi, the same happens when you compare both figures from Papo or CollectA. You're again right about okapi better proportions on CollectA's figure, actually, their difference in size is not dramatic and it could easily happen in real life, the problem is indeed the big head of Schleich's figure that makes it look more toyish.
My major brand okapi is the Papo that works nicely with those from other brands, my 2nd favorite is CollectA, there's an interesting discussion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)

Yes Sir! I agree wththese wise words Very Happy

About Papo, they're in average larger, that's a fact, maybe it is a good idea that I open a similar topic comparing Papo and Schleich? scratch

Yes Sir! Go for it bounce

Thank you Rogério my croc Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Wink

Yes Sir! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing monkey Very Happy

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Can't we make these Stickies? And can we add more photos to these topics??

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:09 pm

More photos? Of course! cheers Everyone can add more photos and they'll be added to the first post. Even other pictures on forum that are not listed here are very welcome. Very Happy
About stickies, to prevent many of them, Christophe created and stickied a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of these comparison topics where we can find easily each topic. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:08 pm

More photos? Of course! cheers Everyone can add more photos and they'll be added to the first post. Even other pictures on forum that are not listed here are very welcome. Very Happy
About stickies, to prevent many of them, Christophe created and stickied a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of these comparison topics where we can find easily each topic. Very Happy

Oke! Very Happy Thank you Roger! Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Wink

Yes Sir! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing monkey Very Happy

Thank you my lord cheers

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi,

Can anyone take a comparison picture of :
- the newer Schleich American bison next to CollectA one
- CollectA new African leopard next to a Schleich big cat (a lion for example)
- CollectA new sloth next to the Schleich one
- CollectA new Komodo dragon next to Schleich last one
- CollectA new puffin next to the Schleich one
- CollectA Grevy's zebra next to a Scleich one
- Schleich newer mountain goat next to CollectA ones

Thanks Laughing
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 am

I would love to see the African Penguins in comparison as I wrote in a different thread..
Also, the Collecta female chimpanzee with Schleich's current male if possible.

RtasVadumee, the 2020 collecta figures that you mentioned above are not going to be released before June..
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 am

Ah... I didn't know.

Here is the Schleich African penguin next to Collecta Gentoo and Rockhopper, I don't know if it can help you...

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Ah... I didn't know.

Here is the Schleich African penguin next to Collecta Gentoo and Rockhopper, I don't know if it can help you...

I believe the goal is too know the size of the CollectA African penguin instead of the Schleich African penguin.
Not many people here have the CollectA figure and I also only have the Schleich, it arrived first and it is much easier to find. Though, according with online sources, the Schleich figure is 51 mm tall while the CollectA is 58 mm tall, considering, obviously, that these sources are trusteable.

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Well, my goal is to see one next to the other to decide which one I'll buy, not so much for their size. I've seen both figures in different shops and I was not able to decide. Lately I'm thinking more the collecta one, it also costs a bit less. Not a big deal though, both are good. Thank you both!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 1:48 pm

Here are the mountain goats and Zebras Wink
I mainly have the CollectAs of rare species, and Schleich does not have many of those.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Thank you Susanne !

I also mostly have rare species from CollectA but now I have almost all of them, I am planning to get some more common species to complete my collection. However I need to make sure they look good next to my Schleich/Papo (and it's not only a matter of size).

What do you think about Grevy's zebra ? I know it is the largerst zebra but isn't it a bit too large ?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Thank you Susanne !

I also mostly have rare species from CollectA but now I have almost all of them, I am planning to get some more common species to complete my collection. However I need to make sure they look good next to my Schleich/Papo (and it's not only a matter of size).

What do you think about Grevy's zebra ? I know it is the largerst zebra but isn't it a bit too large ?

You are welcome Wink

What I say about the Grevy ? I ADORE him , and do not care one bit about size cheers Laughing

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:55 am

P. D. I've just bought mine today Very Happy

Colorata: 15
Safari LTD: 13
Schleich: 12
Papo: 9
Mojo Fun: 8
Kaiyodo: 7
Ikimon/Kitan Club: 5
PNSO: 3
Bullyland: 2
CBIOV: 2
Southland Replicas: 2
Nayab: 1
Happy Kin: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Natural History: 1
Science & Nature: 1

Total: 198
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 11:57 am

Ahah great pic, I'm convinced bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 3:09 pm

cheers bounce bounce Applause
How wonderful cheers

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Thanks a lot for these useful pictures! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Also, the Collecta female chimpanzee with Schleich's current male if possible.

Has anyone these two?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 3:53 pm

Thank you very much! This is the previous Schleich chimp, but that's helpful too. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm

All the Schleich chimps are great, I had never seen CollectA's but now I have, I am disappointed Shocked
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 4:18 pm

It's a very old model, I saw it last week in a shop and I think they have improve the painting. Not sure though..
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 4:37 pm

You have been lucky to find a shop selling CollectA in Europe ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Actually, it's the Attica Park (the only big Zoo in Athens) gift shop, it has pretty much all the range. It's 5 minutes close to my home and you don't have to pay ticket if you just want to buy something. I've become a regular there...
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 5:05 pm

French zoos only sell the regular Papo/Schleich...

You are also lucky to live in a city where there is a zoo. I think I would take an annual pass and visit it every week if there was one in my town.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 5:18 pm

Yeah, I've done that last year, I mean the annual pass.. It's about 50 euros and also includes 10% discount to the shop. It's a nice zoo I think but they had a very sad incident with their two jaguars last year. Anyway...
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Ooops!.. with the 2018 one:

..I think I prefer the 2013!.. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 5:44 pm

Ohh! That Schleich one is nice Shocked

He just went on my wishlist cheers

spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 6:05 pm

Thank you so much Caracal! Smile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 9:51 pm

My favorite and I own it, is actually the Schleich male of 2013. I don't know why it was replaced so early. I also love the Mojö Fun chimps but these are too big even for my tolerannt taste. Laughing I never liked tooo much the CollectA neither the Papo renditions.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 9:58 pm

Apes are one of Schleich's strenght, along with giraffes.

The new female with baby by Mojo looks great too, I wonder if it's compatible with Schleich ones as far as size is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 12:12 am

oh the last Papo female with baby 50194 is great and not too big! :)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 2:19 am

I agree . This one is really good.
And together with the new Mojo , for me, these two are the best. ( I am talking only about females with babies)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 10:22 am

I agree . This one is really good.
And together with the new Mojo , for me, these two are the best. ( I am talking only about females with babies)

Yes, I almost forgot that lady! pale The way she carries her baby is amazing! monkey

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 12:17 pm

Rogério, I sent you message! :)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 2:48 pm

Wombat comparison

I know they don't fit well together (not sizewise but because of the colour) but I'm going to marry them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 2:58 pm

the colour is of secondary importance, they fit well!.. :)
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 3:47 pm

The Collecta looks tired (ok, she's carrying a baby) and the Schleich is so happy.. Which one do you like better?
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! EmptyYesterday at 4:20 pm

That's a difficult choice...

I think the Schleich one really looks like a wombat, perhaps more than the CollectA. But it also looks seriously drugged, did they really need to make his eyes so big ?! Shocked

Actually, both look drugged : CollectA's is a cannabis smoker while Schleich's has taken some ecstasy.

I like both. CollectA's is more discreet and I like that she is carrying a baby. Schleich's is cute and a bit cartoonish but I do not find it disturbing for this species.

When I saw the new wombat in the shop, there was no way I would not buy it, I really liked it too much. To me, it was even more representative of the wombat than CollectA's, it was THE wombat, even though I wish it were less cartoonish (with smaller eyes for example).

Moreover, the CollectA one is a female and the Schleich one is a bit larger, it could be a male. I just decided to make them a couple because I really like to have several members of each species when I display my figures (and idealy from both sexes).

Last edited by RtasVadumee on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!   CollectA and Schleich size comparisons! Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA and Schleich size comparisons!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: Comparison topics-
Jump to: