Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:26 pm

Those are great additions, especially those from Laura's clan. Very Happy More Border collies is always great! Very Happy
I have, soon or later, to get one of these 6" RTF figures. Your tiger musky is a very good choice. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:53 pm

So many nice additions :)

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:17 pm

affraid cheers bounce cheers Applause cheers

If ever aything is magnificent, this parcel is !! cheers

From the most wonderfully kind, funny and creative family, you got a whole box of beauty, kindness, creativeness and thoughtfulness !!! WOW !!! cheers

And from your great pictures and story, we see how happy it made you !!! HURAAAY for STS-friendshop flower  cheers Applause sunny

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:31 pm

WOW Karin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:34 am

Great new oness and a lovely package great to see the love of sts flowing in action hahaha

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Thank you all for your comments: Nardien, LeeAnn, Kosta, Roger, Andreas, Susanne, Sauroid and Dum_My Very Happy

And of course a big thank you again for Laura. sunny cheers
(And her family Very Happy Greetings to them all from me :3)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:34 pm

What a busy week we had. At least in the weekend we where very busy.
We went (and by we, I mean Tijn and I) to Brussel (Belgium). We visited a big fair named Made In Asia. For the first time. Made In Asia is full of things... made in Asia XD But only in a certain style: Collectible stuff! Anime dolls, clothes, games, Kawaii stuff, food, Cosplay, game/movie/series merchandise, a lot to name actually.
Map of MIA.

Not only did we visited MIA in that weekend, but we also walked through Brussel and Antwerpen.
We shopped, we saw a lot of things, we had a good time :3

This isn't a ADDITION topic for no reason, so I have to show my additions too XD

No Japanese animals whatsoever on MIA. o.0 Strange, because they had a lot of Kaiyodo dolls and action figures from the eggs, but no animals. I think if they would sell them, they make a lot of extra money because of the unavailability here. Not enough animo I guess...

I did found some blind boxes of a monster hunter series type. Blind boxes, bags or eggs are what the name suggests. You don't know what you buy, until you open one up. The things that can be in the blind things are on the back, so you know sort of of what you can get.

I like them, so they are standing on one of the Lidl white vitrines.

The next addition is one that I didn't expect at all to find in Brussel. A Border Collie!
Of course, the breed is found everywhere and technically you can find things of them everywhere. But when I saw some polystone animals in a souvenir shop, I took the gamble and went inside to see IF they had a BC. Ha, and they did! It was the only one left. Poor dog, dust has made his black coat gray and after this photo I took him for a bath. Anatomy wise it is not the best dog ever, it is a bit of a caricature. But it IS a BC <3 Very Happy
Such a sweet face and the traditional black/white marking <3

I found some other nice things, from a beautiful big cat book to some Kawaii cat plushes. Tijn was the biggest buyer at MIA. His collection has grown quite a bit this weekend XD When his cabinet is fully finished, he gets his own topic here on STS. (Not that he collect as much animals as me, but still interesting collectors stuff!)

Friday, a package from my good friend and trading partner Julie came in Very Happy <3 We trade often. No wait, we don't trade XD We sent each other animals that we know the other one would like and we collect a fair bit till it is a nice package/envelope to sent XD Very Happy Actually, I have still some animals fro her to sent  Shocked  Embarassed  Laughing
She did it again, just look at all those goodies :3 (I see now that I forgot to photograph the Border Collie magnet she include o.0 Well, it has a nice spot on my desk that I just forgot to grab it in the photo XD Rolling Eyes ) Cute card :3 Pinnipeds poster, Papo and Schleich catalogs and a lot of animals Very Happy Bullyland cat will be repainted into the cat of my dad who passed away a few weeks ago, Vlekje.

Safari LTD panther cub and CollectA lion cub <3

PV beluga in the middle from Julie, SEA WORLD beluga on the left left and little AH one on the right.

These fit great with the poster XD PV hooded seal and little Safari LTD good luck mini seal.

Aaaaah, yes!!! Papo spider. Gosh he is looks so real. And nobody told me the legs are a bit rubbery. So after unpacking the spider, I got chills down my spine from the easy movable legs  Evil or Very Mad  Laughing I love spiders, but I am also afraid of them Laughing Strange love XD

And an other (kinda weird looking Razz) Border Colie dog from Julie Very Happy
I think I will repaint it, to cover up the pig nose he/she has Laughing Razz

Thank you so much Julie! I shall sent your package asap!! XD  I love you

Phuw, done! Thanks for reading (it all XD).

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:01 pm

What wonderful story, and what wonderful additions cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Friday, a package from my good friend and trading partner Julie came in Very Happy <3 We trade often. No wait, we don't trade XD We sent each other animals that we know the other one would like and we collect a fair bit till it is a nice package/envelope to sent XD Very Happy

Hurrayyy !!! That's the spirit  cheers  bounce  Applause  flower

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:08 pm

cheers Lovely new additions, and the event sounds fun Very Happy Haha, MIA to me means "Missing in Action," reading the title I thought you found models that were missing Laughing

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Thank you ladies Very Happy sunny

Haha LeeAnn XD Well every animal I get is (was) missing in my collection. So it is partially true Razz
But I now know a new abbreviation cheers Laughing

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:41 pm

ahhhh, very nice! Congrats Karin! I love you MIA sounds very, very fun! xD I especialy love the japanese-unicorn thing on the base. I tought it might be a Kirin..? scratch (Kirin or ''Ki-Lin'' = Japanese unicorn, look: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) a bit off topic.. sorry for that! but maybe it's interesting since you have the model! I love you

also.... very fun what you & Julie do! xD I love the border collie she sent you, i'm sure he looks better with a lick of paint! xD also the spider!! Very Happy It's on my half-wish list too.. I need to think about it, after your pic... I don't want my grandma to be scared of it xDD

phew huge comment :3 but I just LOVE to read your additions-topic.. Congrats again! bounce

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Beautieful newcomers!!

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

Thank you Nardien Very Happy It is!  cheers
Also very, very busy! o.0 I was so tired after day one, glad we had a good bed at the hotel Laughing

scratch I have no idea. But that Kirin critter is very interesting! Very Happy Thank you for showing the link Very Happy
(I don't mind it be a bit off-topic Wink The most interesting conversations begin off-topic Wink Razz)

I am sure your grandma will have a scare of this one. Not to discourage you to get it, because it is a very great model <3
But it is so lifelike, that when you don't know (or see it in a dark place XD) it is a fake spider, people really can get scared from it XD  pale  silent
(Hope the scorpion is just as good as the spider!)

I also look for hyenas for you, but I don't find that many... pale Rolling Eyes bounce scratch Laughing
Maybe I can look for unicorns? Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

Thank you Nardien Very Happy It is!  cheers
Also very, very busy! o.0 I was so tired after day one, glad we had a good bed at the hotel Laughing

scratch I have no idea. But that Kirin critter is very interesting! Very Happy Thank you for showing the link Very Happy
(I don't mind it be a bit off-topic Wink The most interesting conversations begin off-topic Wink Razz)

I am sure your grandma will have a scare of this one. Not to discourage you to get it, because it is a very great model <3
But it is so lifelike, that when you don't know (or see it in a dark place XD) it is a fake spider, people really can get scared from it XD  pale  silent
(Hope the scorpion is just as good as the spider!)

I also look for hyenas for you, but I don't find that many... pale Rolling Eyes bounce scratch Laughing
Maybe I can look for unicorns? Wink Very Happy

haha I can imagine, really! Laughing I had the same feeling on my trip to London... ''Ik sliep als een blok'' xD

Welcome! I love you you know... if you google, or search on deviantArt to ''Ki-Lin or kirin'' you find creatures more similair to your model, the images on wikipedia don't show it that much,
Look at this one, it looks like your model so much!! Shocked

and that's true haha bounce Laughing

I need to think about it xD but i think it is slowly getting on my WL for sure! the more i see pics of it, the more he gets on my WL Shocked
(and the scorpion also !! I love you )

I also look for border collies for you Very Happy but same with hyena's, you don't find them that many! scratch I am not such a good finder as Julie! xDD
oh, if you want..? :3 you can look for them! I love you Is there another animal I can help you with..? Very Happy bounce

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Oh wow, that indeed really looks like my model! o.0 Very Happy Now his name is Kirin :3 <3
*Goes searching images :3*
EDIT: Look! It IS a Kirin: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now I call you: Unicorn Expert, Nardien :3 Very Happy

Of course I want to look out for unicorn for you ;D Any preferences?
I know Playmobil has a lot of unicorns, and also I see a lot of 'polystone' type unicorns :3
Or just only form the big brands? :)

Nope, Border Collies are just fine XD Otherwise the list goes on and on Razz

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Oh wow, that indeed really looks like my model! o.0 Very Happy Now his name is Kirin :3 <3
*Goes searching images :3*
EDIT: Look! It IS a Kirin: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now I call you: Unicorn Expert, Nardien :3 Very Happy

Of course I want to look out for unicorn for you ;D Any preferences?
I know Playmobil has a lot of unicorns, and also I see a lot of 'polystone' type unicorns :3
Or just only form the big brands? :)

Nope, Border Collies are just fine XD Otherwise the list goes on and on Razz

oh.. it IS ! xDD i knew it would be haha Razz

and well, all unicorns are welcome, exept for playmobil :3
I shall keep an eye out for more border collies, it makes it more fun!

Heb nu al meer zin in koningsdag haha xD

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Hahaha XD Very Happy Now the other one... scratch bounce Laughing

Okiedokie! Shall keep an eye out for horned horses Razz

Koningsdag! Very Happy We gaan STS gek maken met onze aanwinsten?! Anna, Julie? Doe jullie mee? Razz

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Hahaha XD Very Happy Now the other one... scratch bounce Laughing

Okiedokie! Shall keep an eye out for horned horses Razz

Koningsdag! Very Happy We gaan STS gek maken met onze aanwinsten?! Anna, Julie? Doe jullie mee? Razz

haha Razz I don't know, but could the other be a Wyvern..? scratch

*goes searching*

EDIT: I googled Wyvern ''Monster hunter'', and look! Here's your model! xD

I guess i have that from my childhood... I loved all kinds of fantasy animals! xDD

Then I will keep an eye out for the fluffy black and white dogs! :3

Yeah, Anna, Julie!! Doe mee! bounce xD

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:46 pm

*jaw drops on floor*
Yeah! That is my model! XD So a Kirin and a Wyvern, who had though of that huh XD

*speechless*

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Karin, congratulations for your new great figures! :)
I am really tempted with Papo spider, it looks incredible and my only doubt was if it was faithful to the real species. Blaine, the arthropod expert, says it is by far the best toy rendition of an European wolf spider, so, I think I have no chance and I have to get it. bounce
Love the beluga trio, which differences can you tell between PV and SEAWORLD belugas? :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Thank you Roger Very Happy

This is a very detailed spider and indeed looks like the best spider in the wolf spider family.
Now I am not a arachnid expert, but it looks like a Carolina Wolf Spider to me :3
The details are so great that the eyes are also perfect:

The main difference I can see between the SEAWORLD and PV belugas is the plastic it is made of.
The SEAWORLD is made out of a sturdy, hard white plastic. While the PV one is more bendy and has a extra layer of paint on it. No difference in mold/model besides the material.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:33 am

Thank you Roger Very Happy

This is a very detailed spider and indeed looks like the best spider in the wolf spider family.
Now I am not a arachnid expert, but it looks like a Carolina Wolf Spider to me :3
The details are so great that the eyes are also perfect:

The main difference I can see between the SEAWORLD and PV belugas is the plastic it is made of.
The SEAWORLD is made out of a sturdy, hard white plastic. While the PV one is more bendy and has a extra layer of paint on it. No difference in mold/model besides the material.

Thanks for all the information about these belugas, they are surely also marked differently. :)
The spider exact species I don't know, I think Carolina wolf spiders are black ventrally and the Papo doesn't look as dark? It is fantastic that they give atention to the way how eyes are arranged, as your diagram shows. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:39 pm

OH. MY. GOD! Those... those are the Kirin and Blue Yian Kut-Ku from Capcom´s Monster Hunter franchise! That is my favourite video game series! Karin, all I can say is congratulations! Those figures seem to be pretty rare, if not non-existent, outside of Japan, where Monster Hunter is HUGE.

Also, that Wolf Spider is ADORABLE. It looks very real indeed! Very Happy

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:56 pm

OH. MY. GOD! Those... those are the Kirin and Blue Yian Kut-Ku from Capcom´s Monster Hunter franchise! That is my favorite video game series! Karin, all I can say is congratulations! Those figures seem to be pretty rare, if not non-existent, outside of Japan, where Monster Hunter is HUGE.

Also, that Wolf Spider is ADORABLE. It looks very real indeed! Very Happy

*giggles* It is actually quite cute to see one so enthusiastic about these figures, while I had NO idea how big they are in the game industry in Japan XD Thank you for the original name of the 'wyvern' Wink The stand who sold these had only this series, but I saw more blind boxes series of them on the Internet.

Thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:56 am

A Border Collie!
Of course, the breed is found everywhere and technically you can find things of them everywhere.

Ansichtkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well of course I knew what was in the package Laughing But I really love your (and Tijn's) MIA additions! cheers A pity they didn't sell any Kaiyodo animal figurines, but as you said, maybe there's no animo for it scratch But congratulations with your additions, Karin!

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3   Today at 5:56 am

Back to top Go down

Karin's New Animals [16-11-2016] New blog entry, many AAA models and Birthday presents <3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next