Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba

Go down 
+13
Shanti
scot(t)
signatus
Florian
bjarki12
Roger
costicuba
Ana
NightLioness
Anne from Norway
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:52 am

The Sumatran tiger (Panthera tigris sumatrae) is a rare tiger subspecies that inhabits the Indonesian island of Sumatra. It is also one of the smallest tiger subspecies, darker in fur colour and has thicker stripes than the Javan tiger. Analysis of DNA is consistent with the hypothesis that Sumatran tigers became isolated from other tiger populations after a rise in sea level that occurred at the Pleistocene to Holocene border about 12,000–6,000 years ago. In agreement with this evolutionary history, the Sumatran tiger is genetically isolated from all living mainland tigers, which form a distinct group closely related to each other. (Thanks to Wikipedia Wink )

When I bought the 2015 Schelcih tiger I felt in love with the sculpt. At that time, our friend Costicuba was showing how he made so beautifully painted tigers. Since the Schleich tiger was smaller than the Papo ones, I decided to ask Mr. Incredible to make a Sumatran tiger for me. And he said YES cheers

Here is the result of this great magic trick drunken  

I'm proud to present you Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious the Sumatran tiger Applause cheers Applause cheers Applause cheers Applause cheers

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:54 am

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:54 am

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:13 am

This proves what a good paint job can do for a model. Fantastic new addition, and a fantastic job Kosta!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:41 am

The best Tiger that Schleich has made + one of the best tigers that the master tiger-painter ever made + pictures by the master photographer ! Could it be better ?  cheers

Hurraaaaay for Kosta and thankyou Christophe for the beautyful pictures Applause Applause Applause Applause

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:03 am

Really exquisite work! It's magnificent!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 am

Does Schleich even know what they have made? I mean, just look at this tiger now! drunken
The sculpt is great, but with Kostas new paint it is fantastic! Amazed by all the details!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 11:38 am

It's absolutely amazing paintwork. The sculpt is very good but new painting made the most wonderful tiger model of it. sunny
Big congratulations Kikimalou for having this treasure in collection and hats off for our super talented Kosta!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Oh Kiki, thank you so much for these so great photos cheers
They make`s me like the result and proud of it :)
Your choice for the model to be a Sumatran was just perfect.
Our expert of tigers - Noemi told me that for sumatran, the strips on the face has to be bigger and she is right, normaly they are, but I used also photos where the strips was looking like this, so I hope,
that this model is now more Suma, than other type :)
Thank you so much Kiki and all friends for your so kind words to me Embarassed sunny
``Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious`` the name from Tove hahaha, love it Laughing

And I will use this place, if it`s ok... to say one BIG Sorry, to all friends, who are still waiting for their models to be repainted from me...
Attis was waiting for me for sooo long, his models are ready, just they have to travel soon..
Kiki is still waiting for his other models...
Susanne and Yvette are also waiting for the ``Slow Kosta``... uhh Crying or Very sad ...
I hate when somebody have to wait for me to do my job.
Just I was more then half a year, in a situation of not having time for repainting and also no power for this, becouse of my job....
But this year I`m starting with power and I will make all models which are waiting for me Wink
And now I will say one BIG Thank you, to all of you, for your huge patience to me :)
Be shure, that I`ll make all your models giving my best :)
Thank you and sorry for this big comment :)

Last edited by costicuba on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 pm

That's a perfect walk around Christophe! A surprisingly good sculpt from Schleich, a perfect idea from you and a perfect result from Kosta's talented hands! cheers Your pictures are also the best to give justice to the work of this ARtist that now is in a huge problem, with so many talent, obviously got busy with all requests! Laughing
Kosta, I can't talk for others but I am sure nobody is impatient and it is not good that you pressure yourself. Your talent need time and your life has other priorities. Soon or later all these friends will be submerged in joy and will appraise your work! Very Happy

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 am

That's really great! Sometime when I have more time, I want to follow Kosta's tutorial to paint a tiger. This one looks really fantastic. I also really like seeing a subspecies - specific (subspecific?) paint job.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:05 am

Thank you bjarki :)
And thank you very much Roger for your so kind words :))

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:04 am

He is amazing, I was thinking about how this model would look like if he was painted by Kosta and the result is AMAZING !!! Congrats Christophe :)

signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:26 am

Wow !!. It seems incredible what I see Shocked Shocked . It's just perfect, a true representation of the skin of a tiger.
Congratulations Costa, and Christophe course.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
This proves what a good paint job can do for a model. Fantastic new addition, and a fantastic job Kosta!

Indeed, Ican't stoplooking at my collection thinking "well, how could look this one wit a great repaint... And that one?..." A very very dangerous way  affraid  Wink

SUSANNE wrote:
The best Tiger that Schleich has made + one of the best tigers that the master tiger-painter ever made + pictures by the master photographer ! Could it be better ?  cheers

Hurraaaaay for Kosta and thankyou Christophe for the beautyful pictures Applause Applause Applause Applause

Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

Anne from Norway wrote:
Really exquisite work! It's magnificent!

Thank you Anne

NightLioness wrote:
Does Schleich even know what they have made? I mean, just look at this tiger now! drunken
The sculpt is great, but with Kostas new paint it is fantastic! Amazed by all the details!

Yes Karin, I need to talk to this tiger everyday now  Very Happy

Ana wrote:
It's absolutely amazing paintwork. The sculpt is very good but new painting made the most wonderful tiger model of it. sunny
Big congratulations Kikimalou for having this treasure in collection and hats off for our super talented Kosta!!! cheers

Thank you Anna, a compliment from you is better than a Légion d'Honneur  cheers  And Kosta deserves it

costicuba wrote:
Oh Kiki, thank you so much for these so great photos cheers
They make`s me like the result and proud of it :)
Your choice for the model to be a Sumatran was just perfect.
Our expert of tigers - Noemi told me that for sumatran, the strips on the face has to be bigger and she is right, normaly they are, but I used also photos where the strips was looking like this, so I hope,
that this model is now more Suma, than other type :)
Thank you so much Kiki and all friends for your so kind words to me Embarassed sunny
``Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious`` the name from Tove hahaha, love it Laughing

And I will use this place, if it`s ok... to say one BIG Sorry, to all friends, who are still waiting for their models to be repainted from me...
Attis was waiting for me for sooo long, his models are ready, just they have to travel soon..
Kiki is still waiting for his other models...
Susanne and Yvette are also waiting for the ``Slow Kosta``... uhh Crying or Very sad ...
I hate when somebody have to wait for me to do my job.
Just I was more then half a year, in a situation of not having time for repainting and also no power for this, becouse of my job....
But this year I`m starting with power and I will make all models which are waiting for me Wink
And now I will say one BIG Thank you, to all of you, for your huge patience to me :)
Be shure, that I`ll make all your models giving my best :)
Thank you and sorry for this big comment :)

My dear Santa Kosta, Xmass can't happen everyday or it is not Xmass. I waited a long time for this tiger, I told you several time it was not a problem. You have a lot of things to do in life and you can't make a jewel in five minutes. Sincerely my friend, I'm very honoured to have already two models painted by you and the time I had to wait is meaningless. If somene deserved a BIG THANK you, it is you  cheers  We are only waiting your treasures, believe me, it isn't a hard job  Wink

Roger wrote:
That's a perfect walk around Christophe! A surprisingly good sculpt from Schleich, a perfect idea from you and a perfect result from Kosta's talented hands! cheers  Your pictures are also the best to give justice to the work of this ARtist that now is in a huge problem, with so many talent, obviously got busy with all requests! Laughing
Kosta, I can't talk for others but I am sure nobody is impatient and it is not good that you pressure yourself. Your talent need time and your life has other priorities. Soon or later all these friends will be submerged in joy and will appraise your work! Very Happy

Wise wise words my croc Applause

bjarki12 wrote:
That's really great!  Sometime when I have more time, I want to follow Kosta's tutorial to paint a tiger.  This one looks really fantastic.  I also really like seeing a subspecies - specific (subspecific?) paint job.

I would love to try it too... I will try but having a Kosta's at home, I feel a bit shy now  Very Happy

Florian wrote:
He is amazing, I was thinking about how this model would look like if he was painted by Kosta and the result is AMAZING !!! Congrats Christophe :)

Thank you Florian  Very Happy

signatus wrote:
Wow !!. It seems incredible what I see  Shocked  Shocked . It's just perfect, a true representation of the skin of a tiger.
Congratulations Costa, and Christophe course.

Miguel, I'm sure Kosta will appreciate, even more than me Wink , a compliment from another great artist sunny
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Florian, Miguel and Kiki :)
Thank you very much for your kind words :)

Last edited by costicuba on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:34 am

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 am

Yes yes yes Scot(t) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Wow, wow, wow!! affraid Shocked Very Happy cheers cyclops Applause
Wonderful figure with a fantastic paint job!!
Back to top Go down
leonbenefit

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:46 pm

I love you Stunning TIGER Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:36 pm

BEAUTIFUL!   That is gorgeous work there Christophe/Kosta!  You made this figure look like a high end collector's item!  I wish I had your kind of skills!  Shocked   Applause

Last edited by Viking Spawn on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/vikingspawn
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:58 pm

How did I miss this topic?? scratch Sleep

My gosh, I didn't think the Schleich tiger could look so good! Shocked Some day I will own a tiger by Kosta, I can't wait until that day comes cheers

Incredible work as always Kosta, and huge congratulations Christophe! You're very lucky to have a Kosta tiger Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:37 am

AWESOME and AMAZING job!!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba
Page 1 of 1