Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15212

PostSubject: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:52 am

The Sumatran tiger (Panthera tigris sumatrae) is a rare tiger subspecies that inhabits the Indonesian island of Sumatra. It is also one of the smallest tiger subspecies, darker in fur colour and has thicker stripes than the Javan tiger. Analysis of DNA is consistent with the hypothesis that Sumatran tigers became isolated from other tiger populations after a rise in sea level that occurred at the Pleistocene to Holocene border about 12,000–6,000 years ago. In agreement with this evolutionary history, the Sumatran tiger is genetically isolated from all living mainland tigers, which form a distinct group closely related to each other. (Thanks to Wikipedia Wink )

When I bought the 2015 Schelcih tiger I felt in love with the sculpt. At that time, our friend Costicuba was showing how he made so beautifully painted tigers. Since the Schleich tiger was smaller than the Papo ones, I decided to ask Mr. Incredible to make a Sumatran tiger for me. And he said YES cheers

Here is the result of this great magic trick drunken  

I'm proud to present you Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious the Sumatran tiger Applause cheers Applause cheers Applause cheers Applause cheers

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15212

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15212

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15212

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound



Country/State : USA
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4175

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:13 am

This proves what a good paint job can do for a model. Fantastic new addition, and a fantastic job Kosta!

_________________
-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28249

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:41 am

The best Tiger that Schleich has made + one of the best tigers that the master tiger-painter ever made + pictures by the master photographer ! Could it be better ?  cheers

Hurraaaaay for Kosta and thankyou Christophe for the beautyful pictures Applause Applause Applause Applause

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Anne from Norway



Country/State : Norway
Age : 44
Joined : 2015-11-28
Posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:03 am

Really exquisite work! It's magnificent!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
Moderator


Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4213

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 am

Does Schleich even know what they have made? I mean, just look at this tiger now! drunken
The sculpt is great, but with Kostas new paint it is fantastic! Amazed by all the details!

_________________
~Karin~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9257

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:38 am

It's absolutely amazing paintwork. The sculpt is very good but new painting made the most wonderful tiger model of it. sunny
Big congratulations Kikimalou for having this treasure in collection and hats off for our super talented Kosta!!! cheers

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2027

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Oh Kiki, thank you so much for these so great photos cheers
They make`s me like the result and proud of it :)
Your choice for the model to be a Sumatran was just perfect.
Our expert of tigers - Noemi told me that for sumatran, the strips on the face has to be bigger and she is right, normaly they are, but I used also photos where the strips was looking like this, so I hope,
that this model is now more Suma, than other type :)
Thank you so much Kiki and all friends for your so kind words to me Embarassed sunny
``Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious`` the name from Tove hahaha, love it Laughing

And I will use this place, if it`s ok... to say one BIG Sorry, to all friends, who are still waiting for their models to be repainted from me...
Attis was waiting for me for sooo long, his models are ready, just they have to travel soon..
Kiki is still waiting for his other models...
Susanne and Yvette are also waiting for the ``Slow Kosta``... uhh Crying or Very sad ...
I hate when somebody have to wait for me to do my job.
Just I was more then half a year, in a situation of not having time for repainting and also no power for this, becouse of my job....
But this year I`m starting with power and I will make all models which are waiting for me Wink
And now I will say one BIG Thank you, to all of you, for your huge patience to me :)
Be shure, that I`ll make all your models giving my best :)
Thank you and sorry for this big comment :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by costicuba on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20246

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 pm

That's a perfect walk around Christophe! A surprisingly good sculpt from Schleich, a perfect idea from you and a perfect result from Kosta's talented hands! cheers Your pictures are also the best to give justice to the work of this ARtist that now is in a huge problem, with so many talent, obviously got busy with all requests! Laughing
Kosta, I can't talk for others but I am sure nobody is impatient and it is not good that you pressure yourself. Your talent need time and your life has other priorities. Soon or later all these friends will be submerged in joy and will appraise your work! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12



Country/State : USA/Texas
Age : 28
Joined : 2012-12-11
Posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 am

That's really great! Sometime when I have more time, I want to follow Kosta's tutorial to paint a tiger. This one looks really fantastic. I also really like seeing a subspecies - specific (subspecific?) paint job.
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2027

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:05 am

Thank you bjarki :)
And thank you very much Roger for your so kind words :))

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Florian



Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 19
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1766

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:04 am

He is amazing, I was thinking about how this model would look like if he was painted by Kosta and the result is AMAZING !!! Congrats Christophe :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Facebook page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
signatus



Country/State : Spain
Age : 52
Joined : 2011-01-31
Posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:26 am

Wow !!. It seems incredible what I see Shocked Shocked . It's just perfect, a true representation of the skin of a tiger.
Congratulations Costa, and Christophe course.

_________________
Miguel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15212

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This proves what a good paint job can do for a model. Fantastic new addition, and a fantastic job Kosta!

Indeed, Ican't stoplooking at my collection thinking "well, how could look this one wit a great repaint... And that one?..." A very very dangerous way  affraid  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The best Tiger that Schleich has made + one of the best tigers that the master tiger-painter ever made + pictures by the master photographer ! Could it be better ?  cheers

Hurraaaaay for Kosta and thankyou Christophe for the beautyful pictures Applause Applause Applause Applause

Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Really exquisite work! It's magnificent!

Thank you Anne

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does Schleich even know what they have made? I mean, just look at this tiger now! drunken
The sculpt is great, but with Kostas new paint it is fantastic! Amazed by all the details!

Yes Karin, I need to talk to this tiger everyday now  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's absolutely amazing paintwork. The sculpt is very good but new painting made the most wonderful tiger model of it. sunny
Big congratulations Kikimalou for having this treasure in collection and hats off for our super talented Kosta!!! cheers

Thank you Anna, a compliment from you is better than a Légion d'Honneur  cheers  And Kosta deserves it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Oh Kiki, thank you so much for these so great photos cheers
They make`s me like the result and proud of it :)
Your choice for the model to be a Sumatran was just perfect.
Our expert of tigers - Noemi told me that for sumatran, the strips on the face has to be bigger and she is right, normaly they are, but I used also photos where the strips was looking like this, so I hope,
that this model is now more Suma, than other type :)
Thank you so much Kiki and all friends for your so kind words to me Embarassed sunny
``Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious`` the name from Tove hahaha, love it Laughing

And I will use this place, if it`s ok... to say one BIG Sorry, to all friends, who are still waiting for their models to be repainted from me...
Attis was waiting for me for sooo long, his models are ready, just they have to travel soon..
Kiki is still waiting for his other models...
Susanne and Yvette are also waiting for the ``Slow Kosta``... uhh Crying or Very sad ...
I hate when somebody have to wait for me to do my job.
Just I was more then half a year, in a situation of not having time for repainting and also no power for this, becouse of my job....
But this year I`m starting with power and I will make all models which are waiting for me Wink
And now I will say one BIG Thank you, to all of you, for your huge patience to me :)
Be shure, that I`ll make all your models giving my best :)
Thank you and sorry for this big comment :)

My dear Santa Kosta, Xmass can't happen everyday or it is not Xmass. I waited a long time for this tiger, I told you several time it was not a problem. You have a lot of things to do in life and you can't make a jewel in five minutes. Sincerely my friend, I'm very honoured to have already two models painted by you and the time I had to wait is meaningless. If somene deserved a BIG THANK you, it is you  cheers  We are only waiting your treasures, believe me, it isn't a hard job  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's a perfect walk around Christophe! A surprisingly good sculpt from Schleich, a perfect idea from you and a perfect result from Kosta's talented hands! cheers  Your pictures are also the best to give justice to the work of this ARtist that now is in a huge problem, with so many talent, obviously got busy with all requests! Laughing
Kosta, I can't talk for others but I am sure nobody is impatient and it is not good that you pressure yourself. Your talent need time and your life has other priorities. Soon or later all these friends will be submerged in joy and will appraise your work! Very Happy

Wise wise words my croc Applause

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's really great!  Sometime when I have more time, I want to follow Kosta's tutorial to paint a tiger.  This one looks really fantastic.  I also really like seeing a subspecies - specific (subspecific?) paint job.

I would love to try it too... I will try but having a Kosta's at home, I feel a bit shy now  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He is amazing, I was thinking about how this model would look like if he was painted by Kosta and the result is AMAZING !!! Congrats Christophe :)

Thank you Florian  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow !!. It seems incredible what I see  Shocked  Shocked . It's just perfect, a true representation of the skin of a tiger.
Congratulations Costa, and Christophe course.

Miguel, I'm sure Kosta will appreciate, even more than me Wink , a compliment from another great artist sunny

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba



Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 35
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2027

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Florian, Miguel and Kiki :)
Thank you very much for your kind words :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by costicuba on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)



Country/State : USA
Age : 48
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 2996

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:34 am

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15212

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 am

Yes yes yes Scot(t) Laughing

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Shanti



Country/State : Germany
Age : 56
Joined : 2014-02-12
Posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Wow, wow, wow!! affraid Shocked Very Happy cheers cyclops Applause
Wonderful figure with a fantastic paint job!!
Back to top Go down
leonbenefit



Country/State : USA
Age : 43
Joined : 2016-01-03
Posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:46 pm

I love you Stunning TIGER Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Viking Spawn



Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio
Age : 46
Joined : 2015-12-14
Posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:36 pm

BEAUTIFUL!   That is gorgeous work there Christophe/Kosta!  You made this figure look like a high end collector's item!  I wish I had your kind of skills!  Shocked   Applause

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Viking Spawn on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/vikingspawn
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9946

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:58 pm

How did I miss this topic?? scratch Sleep

My gosh, I didn't think the Schleich tiger could look so good! Shocked Some day I will own a tiger by Kosta, I can't wait until that day comes cheers

Incredible work as always Kosta, and huge congratulations Christophe! You're very lucky to have a Kosta tiger Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1639

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:37 am

AWESOME and AMAZING job!!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba   Today at 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Schleich Sumatran tiger by Costicuba
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Tiger Diorama
» Sumatran rhino by Joan here in my garden!
» my new 2013 schleich animals
» My Schleich additions
» Mojos from Kristie : News 2012, mammoth, tiger, pigs and more....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: