Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  


Share | 
 

 The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:04 am

As you can see HERE, the STS 2015 Toy animal figure of the year competition is open.

It's time to make your choices for Prehistoric. You have until Saturday 23 to list your five figures to this category. At Sundday 24 January, we will start a poll with a maximum of 10 figures with the biggest number of choices.

It will run for a week in single vote mode and obviously the most voted will be the Prehistoric animal figure of the year.

Models of all brands can compete, the only rule is that it must be a 2015 new model.

To help you identifying figures, you can find their names in this topic, where @Takama gently compiled all information. cheers


Enjoy cheers


_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3003

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:01 am

Roger, I have one question. The thread you linked -- the list of 2015 Prehistoric releases compiled by Takama -- contains a whole lot of figures which did not end up being released. Many of the announced figures by Battat/Terra -- the Europasaurus, the Pentaceratops, the Gigantoraptor, Gastonia, and many others -- did not arrive. (Hopefully they still will, but they have not yet been released.) More ambiguously, CollectA did not release their new Spinosaurus models until this January I believe (but I could be wrong about that).

So my question: Should these figures be included in the nominations for the prehistoric figure of 2015? (I would think they shouldn't, but maybe I'm wrong. Even if they shouldn't, I think it would be helpful if this were clarified.)

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3003

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:03 am

p.s. A related question: many of the Battat figures listed are re-releases of the old Boston Museum series -- e.g. the wonderful Tyrannosaurus. Should they be included in the pool of potential nominations?
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3003

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:29 am

[I'm editing this since it's unclear if reissues count and also because I've only just now seen the Favorite Fukuisaurus.]

I don't know if it's too early to list nominations for this category, but here goes:

1. Sauropelta, Safari. The standout model of the year. Unbelievably good.
2. Tyrannosaurus, CollectA (88717). This one has to be seen in person. Love it with its mouth closed. It is big and impressive and has lovely fuzz.
3. Yutyrannus, Safari. Wild Safari is just amazing. A model based on a recent discovery and executed with careful attention to being accurate. Lovely work.
4. Apatosaurus, Papo. Another case of Papo just putting out lovely figures, even when the subject matter is routine.
5. Fukuisaurus, Favorite. Wow! This is really lovely. I wish I could afford it.


Honorable Mentions (which I know won’t be counted as nominations): CollectA’s Moropus. (Wow.) Papo’s Tupuxuara. The reissue of Battat’s Carnotaurus. (Nice color scheme for the re-release.) And the reissue of Battat's Tyrannosaurus. (Too bad the figure won’t stand up on its own, but it’s still probably the best Tyrannosaurus toy ever made.)


Last edited by scot(t) on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:40 am

Safari Ltd Sauropelta. The standout model of the year. Unbelievably good. Dixit Scot(t) cheers
CollectA Pliosaurus. His majesty Cool
CollectA Moropus. The hughe guy Very Happy
CollectA Temnodontosaurus With baby drunken
Safari Ltd Archaeopteryx A VERY serious model Applause

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
Manuel Alejandro Gómez



Country/State : Spain
Age : 47
Joined : 2015-02-04
Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Safari: Sauropelta
Collecta: Feathered tyrannosaurus rex
Safari: Nasutoceratops
Collecta: Spinosaurus 2015 Deluxe
Collecta: Moropus
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

avatar

Country/State : India
Age : 47
Joined : 2015-02-28
Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Safari Sauropelta
CollectA Daeodon
CollectA Moropus
Safari Nasutoceratops
CollectA featured Tyrannosaur Rex

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] James


Last edited by JamesPanda on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:26 pm

@scot(t) wrote:
Roger, I have one question. The thread you linked -- the list of 2015 Prehistoric releases compiled by Takama -- contains a whole lot of figures which did not end up being released. Many of the announced figures by Battat/Terra -- the Europasaurus, the Pentaceratops, the Gigantoraptor, Gastonia, and many others -- did not arrive. (Hopefully they still will, but they have not yet been released.) More ambiguously, CollectA did not release their new Spinosaurus models until this January I believe (but I could be wrong about that).

So my question: Should these figures be included in the nominations for the prehistoric figure of 2015? (I would think they shouldn't, but maybe I'm wrong. Even if they shouldn't, I think it would be helpful if this were clarified.)

Thank you!

Scott, that is very pertinent and very useful, of course figures that ended not being released in 2015 shouldn't be nominated, they will have a chance next year. So, could you please check for me if these below are the unreleased?:
- Dilophosaurus, Edmontonia, Europasaurus, Gastonia, Gigantoraptor, Maiasaura, Majungasaurus, Nasutoceratops, Ouranosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Pentaceratops, Plateosaurus, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Yutyrannus.

Also, do you know if they were presented in 2015 catalogue as new figures? I hope not. Laughing

Those I could confirm for 2015 are those below and all relaunched as far as I could find but I may be wrong, I am definitively not a collector well informed about prehistoric figures so, a new "mentor" to that section is needed. Laughing
It is hard to determine when a relaunched figure should be included so I'll keep them and let it to each member judgement. Unless those were repainted, rebranded and probably remastered as Safari uses to say. Wink
Could you please check?:
- Diplodocus, Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Euoplocephalus, Tyrannosaurus.

Thanks a lot, really, for pointing these incongruences. If you find anything else more just let me know.


As a last note, it is never too early to vote once we all can edit our posts whenever we change our minds as long as this topic is unlocked. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

avatar

Country/State : Bulgaria
Age : 37
Joined : 2014-06-14
Posts : 2607

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:18 pm

1. Papo- Apatosaurus
2. Collecta - Daeodon

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KOSTA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saien

avatar

Country/State : Slovakia
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-23
Posts : 441

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:38 pm

1. Rebor - Utahraptor
2. Rebor - Cerathosaurus
3. Collecta - Smilodon
4. Collecta - Moropus
5. Collecta - Daeodon

_________________
Andrea [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:52 pm

@JamesPanda wrote:
CollectA Sauropelta

You mean Safari Ltd Sauropelta? scratch

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
kudub0y



Country/State : US, Washington
Age : 46
Joined : 2015-11-21
Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Collect Feathered T-Rex
CollectA Deluxe Spino
CollectA Moropus
CollectA Daedon
Safari Nustucaceratops
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:28 pm

@kudub0y wrote:
Collect Feathered T-Rex
CollectA Deluxe Spino
CollectA Moropus
CollectA Daedon
Safari Nustucaceratops

Thanks for voting , we removed the CollectA spinosaurus from the list once their release was belated to 2016, so, feel free to choose another figure.
About the last of your list, it is surely the Safari nasutoceratops, if it is not, let us know. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
postsaurischian

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Joined : 2013-04-09
Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:36 pm

- Wild Safari Sauropelta
- Papo Tupuxuara
- REBOR Ceratosaurus
- Kaiyodo Dimetrodon
- Favorite Fukuisaurus


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32235

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:14 pm

CollectA Temnodontosaurus
REBOR Ceratosaurus
Safari/Carnegie Velociraptor
Wild Safari Yutyrannus
Wild Safari Sauropelta

I love the battat ones also, but as I have not seen them, it is very hard to choose Embarassed

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 21
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:21 pm

1. REBOR acrocanthosaurus
2. Papo apatosaurus
3. Papo tupuxuara
4. Safari ltd nasutoceratops
I don't know for the rest ...
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
sealman72

avatar

Country/State : Poland
Age : 46
Joined : 2014-07-13
Posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:50 pm

1. CollectA Deluxe Smilodon

2. Papo Apatosaurus

3. Rebor Velociraptor Baby Set

4. Schleich Spinosaurus

5. CollectA Nasutoceratops

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Darek [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 46
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2384

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:31 am

@Roger wrote:
@kudub0y wrote:
Collect Feathered T-Rex
CollectA Deluxe Spino
CollectA Moropus
CollectA Daedon
Safari Nustucaceratops

Thanks for voting , we removed the CollectA spinosaurus from the list once their release was belated to 2016, so, feel free to choose another figure.
About the last of your list, it is surely the Safari nasutoceratops, if it is not, let us know. Very Happy

Roger, the trio Spinosaurs had actually been released in the market last August, along with the two mini tubes.


Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:10 am

@donny ong wrote:
@Roger wrote:
@kudub0y wrote:
Collect Feathered T-Rex
CollectA Deluxe Spino
CollectA Moropus
CollectA Daedon
Safari Nustucaceratops

Thanks for voting , we removed the CollectA spinosaurus from the list once their release was belated to 2016, so, feel free to choose another figure.
About the last of your list, it is surely the Safari nasutoceratops, if it is not, let us know. Very Happy

Roger, the trio Spinosaurs had actually been released in the market last August, along with the two mini tubes.



Thanks Donny, what can I do now? is the spinosaurs trio on 2015 catalogue? I can't access the 2016 online catalogue now, I think there's a problem with CollectA's website but I think they were marked as new in this year's catalogue. I think the only way is to include them on 2016 contest even if they are 2015 releases. Hard life of a palaeontologist I have now. Laughing

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

avatar

Country/State : Kentucky, United States
Age : 21
Joined : 2011-11-23
Posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:31 am

CollectA Acrocanthosaurus
CollectA Moropus
Papo Apatosaurus
Papo Tupuxuara
Schleich mini dinos

_________________
I would really like these Schleich:
Mountain Goat
Przewalksi's Wild Horse
Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t11349-pokeyanyway-s-search-list
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 46
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2384

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:34 am

Roger, they are not in the 2015 catalogue, but in 2016 catalogue, though they are released in August 2015. If you include them in 2016, I think you should include the two mini tubes for 2016 as well.


Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2852

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:53 pm

1. Papo Apatosaurus
2. Papo Tupuxuara
3. Rebor Utahraptor
4. Rebor Ceratosaurus
5. CollectA Moropus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile  Crocodile  Wink

_________________
My topic on STS
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

avatar

Country/State : u.s.a.
Age : 44
Joined : 2013-10-06
Posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:40 am

Only five? That's going to be tough but here goes...
Safari Ltd. Archaeopteryx
Safari Ltd. Yutyrannus
Kaiyodo Leaps In Evolution Dimetrodon
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Mosasaurus
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Tyrannosaurus

_________________
John  
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3003

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:54 am

@Roger wrote:
@scot(t) wrote:
Roger, I have one question. The thread you linked -- the list of 2015 Prehistoric releases compiled by Takama -- contains a whole lot of figures which did not end up being released. Many of the announced figures by Battat/Terra -- the Europasaurus, the Pentaceratops, the Gigantoraptor, Gastonia, and many others -- did not arrive. (Hopefully they still will, but they have not yet been released.) More ambiguously, CollectA did not release their new Spinosaurus models until this January I believe (but I could be wrong about that).

So my question: Should these figures be included in the nominations for the prehistoric figure of 2015? (I would think they shouldn't, but maybe I'm wrong. Even if they shouldn't, I think it would be helpful if this were clarified.)

Thank you!

Scott, that is very pertinent and very useful, of course figures that ended not being released in 2015 shouldn't be nominated, they will have a chance next year. So, could you please check for me if these below are the unreleased?:
- Dilophosaurus, Edmontonia, Europasaurus, Gastonia, Gigantoraptor, Maiasaura, Majungasaurus, Nasutoceratops, Ouranosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Pentaceratops, Plateosaurus, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Yutyrannus.

Also, do you know if they were presented in 2015 catalogue as new figures? I hope not. Laughing

Those I could confirm for 2015 are those below and all relaunched as far as I could find but I may be wrong, I am definitively not a collector well informed about prehistoric figures so, a new "mentor" to that section is needed. Laughing
It is hard to determine when a relaunched figure should be included so I'll keep them and let it to each member judgement. Unless those were repainted, rebranded and probably remastered as Safari uses to say. Wink
Could you please check?:
- Diplodocus, Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Euoplocephalus, Tyrannosaurus.

Thanks a lot, really, for pointing these incongruences. If you find anything else more just let me know.


As a last note, it is never too early to vote once we all can edit our posts whenever we change our minds as long as this topic is unlocked. Very Happy

Hi Roger. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong on some of the details, but here is the situation for Battat/Terra releases, as I understand it:

The following models were once a part of the Boston Museum of Science series, and have been reissued, with new paintwork, by Battat/Terra (to be available in Target Stores in the U.S.): Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus. These models were actually released and have actually been available in stores in 2015.

The following three models were also once a part of the Boston Museum of Science series, and they have also been reissued (with new paintwork) by Battat/Terra (to be available in Target Stores in the U.S.), but I don't know if they were available during 2015. I think they may have only appeared in the last couple of weeks. Perhaps Takama would know more about exactly when they appeared: Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Euoplocephalus.

The following models were once a part of the Boston Museum of Science series and as far as I know, they have not yet been reissued: Diplodocus, Dilophosaurus, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Edmontonia, Maiasaura, Pachycephalosaurus, and Ouranosaurus.

(So far, this means that the Diplodocus should be removed from the list and possibly the Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Euoplocephalus.)

The following models were announced as new and forthcoming releases in the Battat/Terra series of dinosaurs, but (as far as I know) have not been released in stores: Europasaurus, Gastonia, Gigantoraptor, Nasutoceratops, and Pentaceratops.

And unfortunately the artist who was one-half of the duo that sculpted the original series, and who was responsible for the new and forthcoming models, Dan LoRusso, passed away recently. My understanding was that he had not completed the Majungasaurus, Plateosaurus, or Yutyrannus. If that's right -- I'm not sure it is, but it's what I gleaned from some online threads -- those figures will not be released.

I'll let others confirm all this or reject it. I'm not claiming authoritative knowledge. This is just what I had thought was going on. (I do collect these figures and have been keeping a keen eye out for them when they appear in Target stores.)

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 46
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2384

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:00 am

CollectA Moropus
CollectA Guidraco
CollectA Temnodontosaurus
Papo Apatosaurus
CollectA Pliosaurus


Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

avatar

Country/State : ND/MN, USA
Age : 31
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:54 am

Scott, that sounds right. Though, those three newest repaints were apparently available in some places in December.

_________________
- Andy
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-08-18
Posts : 3208

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:50 pm

5. Tupuxuara
4. CollectA Medusaceratops
3. Schleich Velociraptor mini
2. Schleich Pentaceratops mini
1. Schleich giganotosaurus small

_________________
Breyer: 27
Bullyland: 19
CollectA: 103
Papo: 44
Safari: 57
Mojo fun: 15
Playmobil: 88
Other: 188
~
schleich count: 874
~
Total: 1415

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm

@pokeyanyway wrote:
CollectA Acrocanthosaurus

Schleich mini dinos

Which mini dinos? We'll take them individually. Very Happy

@donny ong wrote:
Roger, they are not in the 2015 catalogue, but in 2016 catalogue, though they are released in August 2015. If you include them in 2016, I think you should include the two mini tubes for 2016 as well.

Thanks Donny, work done. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

avatar

Country/State : colombia
Age : 60
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 2787

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:29 pm


Collecta daxiatitan

Collecta medusaceratops

Safari Yutyrannus

Safari sauropelta

_________________
FERNANDO
http://www.Animalfigures.weebly.com
Back to top Go down
postsaurischian

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Joined : 2013-04-09
Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:44 pm

@A.R.Garcia wrote:
Scott, that sounds right. Though, those three newest repaints were apparently available in some places in December.

I do confirm! Everything written here by scot(t) is correct and yes, some U.S. Americans were lucky enough
to get the latest repaints (Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus & Euoplocephalus) already in December.

I personally think a sculpt from the 90s shouldn't be in the contest anyway, but that's just me.

@john2xtheman wrote:
Only five? That's going to be tough but here goes...
Safari Ltd. Archaeopteryx
Safari Ltd. Yutyrannus
Kaiyodo Leaps In Evolution Dimetrodon
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Mosasaurus
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum Tyrannosaurus

Very Happy  Hurra! Another Kaiyodo Dimetrodon lover I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:24 pm

@scot(t) wrote:


Hi Roger. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong on some of the details, but here is the situation for Battat/Terra releases, as I understand it:

The following models were once a part of the Boston Museum of Science series, and have been reissued, with new paintwork, by Battat/Terra (to be available in Target Stores in the U.S.): Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus. These models were actually released and have actually been available in stores in 2015.

The following three models were also once a part of the Boston Museum of Science series, and they have also been reissued (with new paintwork) by Battat/Terra (to be available in Target Stores in the U.S.), but I don't know if they were available during 2015. I think they may have only appeared in the last couple of weeks. Perhaps Takama would know more about exactly when they appeared: Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Euoplocephalus.

The following models were once a part of the Boston Museum of Science series and as far as I know, they have not yet been reissued: Diplodocus, Dilophosaurus, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Edmontonia, Maiasaura, Pachycephalosaurus, and Ouranosaurus.

(So far, this means that the Diplodocus should be removed from the list and possibly the Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Euoplocephalus.)

The following models were announced as new and forthcoming releases in the Battat/Terra series of dinosaurs, but (as far as I know) have not been released in stores: Europasaurus, Gastonia, Gigantoraptor, Nasutoceratops, and Pentaceratops.

And unfortunately the artist who was one-half of the duo that sculpted the original series, and who was responsible for the new and forthcoming models, Dan LoRusso, passed away recently. My understanding was that he had not completed the Majungasaurus, Plateosaurus, or Yutyrannus. If that's right -- I'm not sure it is, but it's what I gleaned from some online threads -- those figures will not be released.

I'll let others confirm all this or reject it. I'm not claiming authoritative knowledge. This is just what I had thought was going on. (I do collect these figures and have been keeping a keen eye out for them when they appear in Target stores.)

Hope this helps!

Of course it helps and it is the purpose of a forum, a place where people share knowledge about these figures, if there was an autority with all knowledge, a forum was not needed. We are lucky of having here people like you informing the community about this hobby, we all together can performe a better work. I already removed these late releases according with your guidance.Thanks Scott! cheers



@postsaurischian wrote:
@A.R.Garcia wrote:
Scott, that sounds right. Though, those three newest repaints were apparently available in some places in December.

I do confirm! Everything written here by scot(t) is correct and yes, some U.S. Americans were lucky enough
to get the latest repaints (Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus & Euoplocephalus) already in December.

I personally think a sculpt from the 90s shouldn't be in the contest anyway, but that's just me.


Helge, that's a hard decision and we already discussed it in previous years, I assume I also defended that idea and that's the reason why I never choose a reissued model. Though, people rarely vote in these models and it is not always easy to know what is really new or not. About Battat many people seems informed but about some Japanese brands it is always hard to be sure if all the figures are new or not. There are also other two questions, first, the repainted models that are announced as completely new and are not, we have the Safari WW puma that is just a repaint from the previous jaguar, the change in species name do not make any difference with a dinosaur that is repainted. We have some new Schleich cattle that changed the breed with the painting but the sculpt is just the same, etc., etc.
The other question is, where is the real border between a reissued model and a remastered model? Is really the new 2016 toucan from Safari a new figure just because it already swoallowed the fruit? Laughing So, we decided to keep them, they rarely are successful in these contests but we may in future change our point of view. :)

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pm64

avatar

Country/State : Firenze,Italy
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-09-27
Posts : 506

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:23 am

1 COLLECTA Moropus
2 COLLECTA Smilodon
3 COLLECTA Pliosaurus
4 SAFARI Sauropelta
5 PAPO Apatosaurus
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 46
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2384

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:33 am

@Roger wrote:


@donny ong wrote:
Roger, they are not in the 2015 catalogue, but in 2016 catalogue, though they are released in August 2015. If you include them in 2016, I think you should include the two mini tubes for 2016 as well.

Thanks Donny, work done. Very Happy

You're welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 28727

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:30 am

CollectA Moropus :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

avatar

Country/State : ND/MN, USA
Age : 31
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:47 am

Safari Ltd. Sauropelta   (easy favorite)
CollectA Moropus    (naturalistic sculpt, so we can see it as a living animal)
Kaiyodo Dimetrodon   (lots of life in a tiny model)
Favorite Dimetrodon Soft Model  (less dynamic than Kaiyodo, but a powerful presence)
Favorite Fukuisaurus  (interesting species, charismatic sculpt, hand posture looks accurate)

(tough competition... so honorable mention to at least Safari Archaeopteryx, Kaiyodo Icthyostega, & Rebor Ceratosaurus  Wink )

_________________
- Andy
Back to top Go down
Viking Spawn

avatar

Country/State : U.S.A. Ohio
Age : 48
Joined : 2015-12-14
Posts : 1398

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:30 am

My votes for the top 5 Prehistoric Figures are:

1. REBOR ACROCANTHOSAURUS ATOKENSIS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. REBOR CERATOSAURUS DENTISULCATUS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3. REBOR UTAHRAPTOR OSTROMMAYSORUM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4. PAPO APATOSAURUS
5. PAPO TUPUXUARA


Almost forgot about this! Embarassed


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/vikingspawn
Bloodrayne

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 48
Joined : 2012-12-14
Posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:56 pm

Papo Tupuxuara
CollectA Moropus
Schleich Kentrosaurus
CollectA 1:40 T-Rex deluxe
CollectA Temnodontosaurus

_________________
Simone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:10 am

CollectA pliosaurus
Favorite Fukuisaurus
Safari Sauropelta
Rebor Cerathosaurus
CollectA Moropus

Thanks to everyone who voted! cheers

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23117

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:26 am

6 finalists are here, please make your choice! bounce

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year   

Back to top Go down
 
The STS 2015 Prehistoric Figure of the Year
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The STS 2014 Prehistoric Figure of the Year
» Mojo Fun Dinosaurs XXL
» COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - Moropus - Deluxe 1:20 Scale (88736)
» COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.
» The STS 2014 Farm Animal Figure of the Year!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: STS Figure of the year-
Jump to: