Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D

Go down 
+7
Kikimalou
sbell
Bloodrayne
LeeAnn
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D Empty
PostSubject: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 12:27 pm

I am delighted to be able to present to you the three first fishes made by our friend Sbell and sold from his shop "FaunaFigures"  cheers
All three are strange creatures with unusual behavour and physique  study

Full of fishy charm and fine detail : Cuvier's Bichir, African Butterflyfish and West African Lungfish :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Each one comes with a neat datasheet with lots of information :

First, the Bichir !
The Bishir breethes air !
Look at all the detail  Very Happy

A very weard and interesting fish , the Lungfish  Shocked
Look at the fins, it seems they are very interesting keys in research of the evolution of walking !!!
If times are bad, he can bury in mud and stay there for as long as 18 months without food  affraid

And, - WOW ! The Freshwater butterflyfish  Very Happy
This one can also breed air ! He can also jump quite high for his dinner og insects.
What catches the eye first is the fins ! Amazing how well they are shown in this model Very Happy

cheers  cheers  Very Happy  cheers  cheers

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu May 26, 2016 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Susanne, those are really very special additions! A little collection developed from a forum friend with really obscure species, probably never seen before in toy shape and that match the collecting taste of their mentor. Also, very interesting as collectibles, they are not exactly widely available and surely not mass produced. They also show a very good quality, real collector itens. cheers
Now we can put them on TAI! bounce bounce

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Thank you for the phantastic pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 2:03 pm

They are SO cool! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 2:23 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 4:09 pm

They all look wonderful and are also very nicely painted. Congratulations.
The little booklets are very educational. study
I always enjoy those little extras.

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Glad you like them! I was so excited to get them made. More excited to make them available for others! I do have more coming since I ran out of 2 species in one weekend, and I am planning on a few more species now.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 12:20 am

sbell wrote:
Glad you like them! I was so excited to get them made. More excited to make them available for others! I do have more coming since I ran out of 2 species in one weekend, and I am planning on a few more species now.

Yes, keep telling us good things like that! cheers bounce Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 5:11 am

Better and bigger than expected Very Happy Congratulation Susanne cheers

Sean, I like people who are making their dreams and share them with others. Applause
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 5:18 am

Congrats. :)

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 6:41 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Better and bigger than expected Very Happy  Congratulation Susanne cheers

Sean, I like people who are making their dreams and share them with others. Applause

Thanks!

The intention was to have them sized roughly with the Colorata fishes (which, of course, are all different sizes anyway). Not so small that there could be no detail, givne the materials (like a PV or original Safari toob), but also not as large as a Safari Sea Life or Bullyland River Fish figure!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:15 am

Just wanted to include one here--a 4th strange African fish, the African Bonytongue! Not ready just yet, but hopefully soon-ish!

Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:13 am

Those fish are very nicely done! Very Happy
Applause Applause Applause
I think it would be a nice to see a series of prehistoric animals in much the same vein as this fish line.
Imagine a fish like Coccosteus,or maybe an amphibian like Crassigyrinus.
Or early reptiles like Cymbospondylus. Smile

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:50 pm

john2xtheman wrote:
Applause  Applause  Applause
I think it would be a nice to see a series of prehistoric animals in much the same vein as this fish line.

There has been some thought towards prehistoric fishes, but first there are a lot of ignored living ones. Albeit, primarily primitive or otherwise very unusual ones.

And, for now, it's Fishes. There are more than enough of those to try and go through!

Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:52 pm

sbell wrote:
john2xtheman wrote:

There has been some thought towards prehistoric fishes, but first there are a lot of ignored living ones. Albeit, primarily primitive or otherwise very unusual ones.

And, for now, it's Fishes. There are more than enough of those to try and go through!
I hope you have much success with your fish line!The ones that have turned up so far are top notch.Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:41 pm

john2xtheman wrote:

I hope you have much success with your fish line!The ones that have turned up so far are top notch.Very Happy  

Hear ! Hear ! bounce cheers

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 11:36 pm

john2xtheman wrote:
sbell wrote:
john2xtheman wrote:

Thanks, I hope people like them!

Although of course most credit must go to the sculptor/painter, Brandon DeMoss, who is doing a great job of taking my ideas and making them real!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 12:49 am

I think you're developing a sensational line of figures, not sensationalist anyway.
Each idea is excellent, full of interest and competently sculpted. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 am

Roger wrote:
I think you're developing a sensational line of figures, not sensationalist anyway.
Each idea is excellent, full of interest and competently sculpted. Very Happy

Thanks--I'm hoping that all of the species I've always wanted as figures will eventually get made...within reason (if there were no reason, every Polypterus species would be first up...cool fish, but a liitle too obscure!).

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 7:39 am

Thanks to Susanne, I am now a proud owner of Sean fishes and I can join the congratulation choir. These three fishes are a great start for an unusual series and can live perfectly with their Colorata kins Applause
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thanks to Susanne, I am now a proud owner of Sean fishes and I can join the congratulation choir. These three fishes are a great start for an unusual series and can live perfectly with their Colorata kins Applause

I'm glad you like them! The goal was to kind of match up with the Colorata Fossil Fishes, so I'm glad you think that they do!

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun May 01, 2016 5:15 am

This seems like a good place to post this (my Fauna Figures thread keeps disappearing)--I don't have them yet, but the first batch of FaunaFigures Fishes Wave 2 is almost ready!

We have decided to go with continental inspirations! First was Africa, next is North America.

For the first time, a Bowfin, an American Paddlefish and a Brook Lamprey:

Plus, as a request, we also added a 4th--the African Bonytongue!

And here is batch one! Plus, an extra one--my son had to have a lungfish, but couldn't make it simple. So he requested a Marbled Lungfish Protopterus aethiopicus.

Really, no diffferent than my daughter who needed an albino Senegal bichir to match our pet one.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun May 01, 2016 9:01 am

WONDERFUL news cheers

Uhhh, lampreys are the most creepy, uncanny creatures, aren't they ? *Shudder !*
But some people think they are delicious to eat pale Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun May 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Great again !

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D EmptySun May 01, 2016 3:58 pm

It just felt like a lamprey should be available. If it is any consoloation, the American Brook Lamprey is not a parasitic species! It's just a friendly river-bottom sucker!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next