Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D

Go down 
+7
Kikimalou
sbell
Bloodrayne
LeeAnn
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 8:31 am

Uhhhhh, that hagfish affraid pale Laughing

But the others are beautyful cheers

They are fabulous ! You may get me interested in fishes, you know study

Iuri97

Iuri97

Country/State : Portugal

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 11:16 am

Ah... the one and only hagfish! A super bizarre creature, no doubt! And perfect for a series of fishes that aren´t that well known!

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Well, yeah. Hagfish are not pretty--more so than even lampreys! But such an ancient animal, they should be better known!

Maybe I'll call it by their other name...slime eel Shocked That sounds better...!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 2:34 pm

The bizarre is interesting, things look bizarre when we are not used with them. If all fish looked like a hagfish, all others could look bizarre to us. I really enjoy your species choices. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Roger wrote:
The bizarre is interesting, things look bizarre when we are not used with them. If all fish looked like a hagfish, all others could look bizarre to us. I really enjoy your species choices. Very Happy

Thanks! Just trying to keep things unique!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 1:12 am

I just learned something--the butterflyfish mold is...no more. So anyone who has one, that's pretty much it!

I still have one left. Brandon is hoping to resculpt at some point, but for now there isn't much we can do.

So those are, apparently, the first retired FaunaFigures Fish! Not by choice, mind you...

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:37 am

I am very sorry to hear that Shocked

That Butterfly fish is so extraordinary, - perhaps that made the mould very fragile ?

Perhaps, if you make a new one, you can do better than many brands, and make it somewhat differnet ?
Then you already have a rarity in the range ? Very Happy

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 3:39 am

Hah! I just re-found this thread--and noticed that it only says 7 species in the line!

Turns out, we are up to lucky(?) 13 now! I mentioned it elsewhere, but I have decent photos with a scale now.

South American Lungfish Lepidosiren paradoxa

Black Ghost Knifefish Apterontous albifrons

Ocellate Freshwater ray Potamotrygon motoro

So that's the South American bunch! So far...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 9:14 am

Beautieful fish figurines :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Sean, I introduced your pictures on Toy Animal Wiki, we can see them here! Very Happy
If there is anything about the introductory text or about the way they are arranged that you want to be changed, just let me know. Very Happy
By the way, these three are really beautiful figures! cheers

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Roger wrote:
Sean, I introduced your pictures on Toy Animal Wiki, we can see them here! Very Happy
If there is anything about the introductory text or about the way they are arranged that you want to be changed, just let me know. Very Happy
By the way, these three are really beautiful figures! cheers

It looks good Roger.

I like the separation for the South American series. Really, each wave has so far been a 'geographic' one.

The butterflyfish, bichir, west African lungfish and African bonytongue (and the marbled lungfish) are part of the first African wave; the lamprey, paddlefish and bowfin are the North American wave; and the hagfish, sturgeon and burbot are the European wave! So they could all be divided that way.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 5:22 pm

I will do it at the week end. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 12:41 am

Sean, it is divided now geographically. Check here! Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 12:52 am

Fantastic! Looks good!

But I should mention that the butterfly fish is currently out of production. The mold stopped being usable. Eventually the hope is to revisit the figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D   Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven  :-D - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Three strange, African fishes from FaunaFigures...and now there are seven :-D
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3