Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

My collection!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:07 am

Iuri, I am sorry but I deleted accidentally your post instead of mine. geek Embarassed You were congratulating me for my new insect figures and telling that it is a crime that we can't find them locally. :) I agree, I remember having a huge frustration for not being able of getting so many Safari I wanted. Fortunately, the great people of this forum changed everything. I know you don't use Paypal but maybe we can work something to help you getting some Safari figures you'd love to get. Just pm me if you think I can help you with anything. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Iuri, I am sorry but I deleted accidentally your post instead of mine. geek Embarassed You were congratulating me for my new insect figures and telling that it is a crime that we can't find them locally. :) I agree, I remember having a huge frustration for not being able of getting so many Safari I wanted. Fortunately, the great people of this forum changed everything. I know you don't use Paypal but maybe we can work something to help you getting some Safari figures you'd love to get. Just pm me if you think I can help you with anything. Very Happy

Don´t worry, Roger! Laughing I have actually considered the idea of buying them online. It would be much easier. I don´t have much experience in Internet shopping, however, and that is what has prevented me from trying. I don´t really know how the shipping works out, for example No, I do not use Paypal, but there are other ways of paying, right? I´ll be out for the weekend, but when I get back, I will definitely ask you! Especially because it´s about time I learned how to do it! Very Happy

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello, everyone! I have returned with a few updates!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First things first, allow me to show you two models I have owned for quite a while and I have forgotten to show you. Those are the Bullyland Arizonasaurus and Mattel´s Aragog figure (the Harry Potter Acromantula). I have done some research and, apparently, Aragog is going for some high costs nowadays. I´d say he´s worthy if only for the articulation, you can make a lot of dioramas with him. Plus he glows in the dark. A nice way to scare someone... Twisted Evil

Schleich´s new Dilophosaurus model. Certainly an improvement over the last one, even though I must say blue is not my favourite dinosaur color. Still, it´s a nice figure to have. In terms of size, it´s close to the actual dinosaur.

Have you ever seen Disney´s Dinosaur? Someone at Schleich must have, because this figure is similar to the Carnotaurus antagonists of that movie. I know Schleich´s dinosaur figures get a lot of hate from dino collectors, but I like them. Plus if you think these figures are bad you should see the early Replica Saurus ones...
As for this Carnotaurus, it´s realistic in terms of size. The feet are a bit oversized but it helps the dinosaur stand up, so I won´t complain about it. It´s also rubbery and nice to touch. Smile

Schleich´s Therizinosaurus. This is certainly a demonized creature, but I don´t mind it! This beast is not only one of the biggest Schleich dinosaur figures, it´s quite articulated and just plain awesome looking. If I get Papo´s Baryonix, that would make quite a match... Baryzilla vs Therizinotitan! Coming soon to a theatre near you!

And now, the animals from Safari´s Venomous Creatures toob. A BIG thanks to Roger for having taught me all about online shopping! Very Happy
I have ordered this figures from sandspielfiguren last week or so. And it won´t be the last one I buy for sure! I always found Safari´s toobs interesting, and it´s a joy to own one in it´s entirety! All these deadly creatures are awesome, but my personal favourite is the giant centipede. I had wanted that arthropod for a long time.

This little lobster came as an extra with the toob. Correct me if I´m wrong, but isn´t this a Bullyland model? It´s certainly a cute critter!

I just wanted to include this one as well! If you take this Alan Grant figure as your average man... then those arthropods are GIGANTIC! They actually look like a gang of bullies...

Scourge the Centipede: Well, well! Who do we have here?
Scorpio the Scorpion: Why, it looks like a delicious human to me! All lost and alone out here...
Tamara the Tarantula: It would be a shame if someone were to inject him with venom...
Scourge the Centipede: You said it, Tamara!
(All of them laugh)

For now, my friends, that is all! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Oooh no! That huge spider from HP looks way to scary for me affraid (and I like spiders XD)

Nice new (scary) animals you have new Very Happy

o.0 Glad I am not that human XD o.0

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Scourge the Centipede: Well, well! Who do we have here?
Scorpio the Scorpion: Why, it looks like a delicious human to me! All lost and alone out here...
Tamara the Tarantula: It would be a shame if someone were to inject him with venom...
Scourge the Centipede: You said it, Tamara!
(All of them laugh)

lol! Laughing Laughing

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:29 pm

I am glad you tried to buy online. Now you're surely more confortable to find online what you cannot find locally. I think it was a great choice, this tube from Safari is particularly interesting with several unique piece species. Very Happy
K&M made a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], long ago, unfortunately it is retired and is very rare, with a Giant Peruvian centiped and there is another similar set of venomous creatures that is still a mistery to our community. That human surely is feeling himself very important once everyone around seems interested. Laughing
sandspielfiguren uses to put some extra figures but I can't help you about it, isn't anything marked on it?

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:24 pm

Oooh no! That huge spider from HP looks way to scary for me  affraid  (and I like spiders XD)

Nice new (scary) animals you have new Very Happy

o.0 Glad I am not that human XD o.0

Ah, ah, thank you Karin! Very Happy Yeah, this Aragog figure is quite a monster. With his legs all spread out, he actually resembles a huge huntsman spider. And compared to that human figure I have, he becomes pretty much Spiderzilla. Laughing

I am glad you tried to buy online. Now you're surely more confortable to find online what you cannot find locally. I think it was a great choice, this tube from Safari is particularly interesting with several unique piece species. Very Happy
K&M made a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], long ago, unfortunately it is retired and is very rare, with a Giant Peruvian centiped and there is another similar set of venomous creatures that is still a mistery to our community. That human surely is feeling himself very important once everyone around seems interested. Laughing
sandspielfiguren uses to put some extra figures but I can't help you about it, isn't anything marked on it?

Thank you, Roger! I have done some research and the lobster is apparently a figure made by AAA, but Bullyland is handling it´s distribution.
I saw some images of that set on the Toy Animal Wiki before! It´s a interesting set too, I particularly like the frog!

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:49 am

Nice addition :)

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:49 am

Nice addition :)

Thank you, Andreas! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:14 pm

I´m not sure, my friends, if I have told you all this before, but other than reptiles, my favourite animals in the world are cats. House cats, big cats... I love the entire Felidae family! Very Happy As such, I was eager to get the first cats for my collection. And I decided to get two models from Mojo:

The Iberian Lynx. The lynx is an animal I don´t see being made in a figure that often, especially the one that inhabits my country! It pains me to know that such a beautiful cat is still in serious risk of becoming one among the extinct species. Sad
I really like this model! While the paint job could have used a bit more of work (although that may just be an effect of the figure being handled around), it´s not a real flaw if you ask me.

And the black panther. This was actually one of the first Mojo figures that I saw being sold. I really liked it´s position. Now, both it and the lynx stand on my desk, prowling around. Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Very neat additions, congratulations! I plan on getting that lynx as well Smile

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Gosh ! I missed your additions from March 30th Sleep

And there are SO many fantastic ( and scary) models , I can keep scrolling up and down Laughing
That Schleich dilophosaurus is great , - and

Btw : The lobster is not from Bullyland Wink
The only lobster they ever made is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
Bullyland always mark their models, - if they are small ( or very old) they are marked BULLY only.

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Ah! An other (big) cat lover Very Happy cheers
Two great new felines Very Happy Congrats Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:53 pm

I am glad of seeing a Portuguese collector getting an Iberian lynx. I am very attached to that figure, because it represents "our" lynx and because the manager of the company decided to make it after reading my personal suggestion on forum. It doesn't turn myself important but obviously makes me happy and thankful to the company. Also, details of the sculpt were discussed with a group of STS members and with the ICN (Instituto de Conservação da Natureza) workers. In fact, this figure is used for a long time in some initiatives of the ICN in national territory, Mojö offered a huge lot of them and they are distributed in remote settlements were the real lynx is being introduced. Also, Mojö, dedicated a part of their catalogue to the Iberian lynx and also the the Institute conservation efforts.
Painting of that figure is very hard to manufacture and Mojö, as a relatively new company, couldn't risk a very elaborated painting for a figure whose sales are not expected to be high. However, the painting is being improved these last years.
I own it and also a version that was repainted by our fabulous Artist Kosta and even my pictures are bad, you can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], how fabuous is the work and also how realistic is the sculpt. I love also their black panther and Mojö has my favorite lion, not the early version that we see in Portuguese shops but the newer one. cat

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:14 am

Nice again

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:34 am

Excellent additions, the Iberian lynx and the leopard are very nice sculpture. I agree the lynx should have a better paint and I hope it will change since Mojo already repainted a lot its models. The Black panther was my choice too, Mojo is good with black and the "normal" version painting "destroyed" a bit this excellent sculpt. Very Happy

Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Thank you, Julie, Karin, Andreas and Christophe! cheers

And thank you for the backstory of the lynx figure, Roger! Very Happy I saw your pictures (which are NOT bad at all!) and, indeed, Kosta made a very nice repaint. It´s funny that you mention the latest lion figure, because that´s also a figure I love!

Also, thank you for clearing up the "mystery lobster", Susanne! I thought it was from Bullyland/AAA because that is what sandspielfiguren classifies the little guy as.

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed May 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi again, everyone! So, since it had been a while since I got a figure, I decided to get a new one! Which happened to be...

The Mojo lion! As I said before, this is another figure I love! The position, the details, the very realistic look he has in his eyes... I absolutely loved this lion! He is quite big and quite muscular, and definitely has that majestic and powerful look you immediatly associate with a lion. Overall, he is a very good figure in my opinion! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed May 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Congrats

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed May 11, 2016 5:51 pm

Congratulations with this wonderful kitty cheers

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Wed May 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Mojö lion is just the best for me and I am talking about a species that is the wild animal most commonly represented as a toy figure. Congratulations for your new figure, did you get it in a Science4you stand? :)

Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Thu May 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Thank you, Andreas and Susanne! Very Happy

And thank you too, Roger! I agree, one of the best lion figures so far to me as well! And indeed, I got it at a Science4You stand. The one in RioSul Shopping. The other two Mojo cats I got were also in one of the stands, but a different one (in Forum Montijo). Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Sat May 14, 2016 3:14 am

Thank you, Andreas and Susanne! Very Happy

And thank you too, Roger! I agree, one of the best lion figures so far to me as well! And indeed, I got it at a Science4You stand. The one in RioSul Shopping. The other two Mojo cats I got were also in one of the stands, but a different one (in Forum Montijo). Very Happy

That's nice to know! Very Happy Have you already checked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? Shocked Now the famous Schleich muskox can be found on Science4you stands, Maia & Borges relaunched it to Science4you's collection called Animals4you. If it is interesting for you, please don't miss it, we were really blessed. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Sun May 15, 2016 4:07 pm

That's nice to know! Very Happy Have you already checked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? Shocked Now the famous Schleich muskox can be found on Science4you stands, Maia & Borges relaunched it to Science4you's collection called Animals4you. If it is interesting for you, please don't miss it, we were really blessed. Very Happy

I have just seen it now! All I can say is... YES! I have heard a lot about Schleich´s Muskox figure, but when I became a collector it was already discontinued. These are FANTASTIC news! Whenever I find it, I will be sure to get it! Very Happy

fod nust hon zindro zaan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My collection!   Today at 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down

My collection!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next