Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi guys!

Remember this poor yet beautiful fellow?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, I was able to fix its broken parts thanks to Citadel super glue (used for Games Workshop/Warhammer figurines). Result:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Still missing the tail and some cracks are still visible, but I think he's gorgeous I love you

Now I'd like to know a bit more about him, so maybe there's a composition expert here on STS who can tell me more? Smile Kosta already showed me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] link. I know my hyena is Hausser Elastolin and was released postwar. It was probably discontinued in 1969, because the brand went out of business in this year (and all known Elastolin figurines on TAi were discontinued in this year as well). But does someone know its exact release year? And for adding it to TAi, should it be part of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section?

Thanks in advance!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32018

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:26 pm

He is just wonderful I love you cheers
I always feel very protective abvout such an old, dear critter ! How lucky he was to end up with you Very Happy

Imagine if he could tell about his life ? Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He is just wonderful I love you cheers
I always feel very protective abvout such an old, dear critter ! How lucky he was to end up with you Very Happy

Imagine if he could tell about his life ? Very Happy

He is! cheers And thanks Susanne, I'm really happy with this first composition figurine. I felt so bad when it arrived with all these broken parts, but with a little bit patience, love and glue, he's standing again! Applause

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:20 pm

I have two of the same figure--but neither one is spotted! They are painted more like brown hyenas! Might be recasts, the paint and sculpt are not as crisp.

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32018

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have two of the same figure--but neither one is spotted! They are painted more like brown hyenas! Might be recasts, the paint and sculpt are not as crisp.

Ohhhh! Picture, picture !!!! bounce bounce cheers

...please Embarassed Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22906

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:33 pm

Is your hyena the same as below? It is an Elastolin composition figure as you pointed.
I am immpressed with what you can do with love and glue! cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is your hyena the same as below? It is an Elastolin composition figure as you pointed.
I am immpressed with what you can do with love and glue! cheers

It sure looks like this composition figure, exept mine's missing his tail and only his muzzle is black, not his whole face.
And thanks, Roger. I now know how fragile these old composition figurines are, I wish he would have survived his journey better D:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have two of the same figure--but neither one is spotted! They are painted more like brown hyenas! Might be recasts, the paint and sculpt are not as crisp.

I'd love to see pictures of them as well bounce cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22906

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Julie, I think I have pictures of the same hyena to put on Toy Animal Wiki from Susanne's collection. I haven't added it on TAI yet probably because I was not sure of which brand it was. Hausser Elastolin composition figures were widely copied and it is easy to find other composition figures very similar. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI meanwhile. Laughing
The website Kosta linked to you, that we often use to identify our composition figures, says it is a 1930 figure. Curious is that Christophe has in its collection a Hausser composition striped hyena and he claims it as a 1938 figure. Kiki is definitively an expert in this matter.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Julie, I think I have pictures of the same hyena to put on Toy Animal Wiki from Susanne's collection. I haven't added it on TAI yet probably because I was not sure of which brand it was. Hausser Elastolin composition figures were widely copied and it is easy to find other composition figures very similar. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI meanwhile. Laughing
The website Kosta linked to you, that we often use to identify our composition figures, says it is a 1930 figure. Curious is that Christophe has in its collection a Hausser composition striped hyena and he claims it as a 1938 figure. Kiki is definitively an expert in this matter.

Great work, Roger! cheers My only problem is that Figurenmuseum.de states that the growling wolf and striped hyena are 'Vorkrieg bis 1939', which means they are 'prewar until 1939'. So they were made before WWII. Yet the spotted hyena, which looks like my one, is stated 'Nachkrieg', which means 'Postwar', so they were made after 1945. How can it be that it's still from 1930? scratch Maybe you mean they're from around 1950? Smile

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22906

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Julie, I think I have pictures of the same hyena to put on Toy Animal Wiki from Susanne's collection. I haven't added it on TAI yet probably because I was not sure of which brand it was. Hausser Elastolin composition figures were widely copied and it is easy to find other composition figures very similar. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI meanwhile. Laughing
The website Kosta linked to you, that we often use to identify our composition figures, says it is a 1930 figure. Curious is that Christophe has in its collection a Hausser composition striped hyena and he claims it as a 1938 figure. Kiki is definitively an expert in this matter.

Great work, Roger! cheers My only problem is that Figurenmuseum.de states that the growling wolf and striped hyena are 'Vorkrieg bis 1939', which means they are 'prewar until 1939'. So they were made before WWII. Yet the spotted hyena, which looks like my one, is stated 'Nachkrieg', which means 'Postwar', so they were made after 1945. How can it be that it's still from 1930? scratch Maybe you mean they're from around 1950? Smile

I really have read it as 1950 and ended keeping it in my memory as 1930. geek You're right, it is 1950 what I wanted to say. :)

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Julie, I think I have pictures of the same hyena to put on Toy Animal Wiki from Susanne's collection. I haven't added it on TAI yet probably because I was not sure of which brand it was. Hausser Elastolin composition figures were widely copied and it is easy to find other composition figures very similar. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAI meanwhile. Laughing
The website Kosta linked to you, that we often use to identify our composition figures, says it is a 1930 figure. Curious is that Christophe has in its collection a Hausser composition striped hyena and he claims it as a 1938 figure. Kiki is definitively an expert in this matter.

Great work, Roger! cheers My only problem is that Figurenmuseum.de states that the growling wolf and striped hyena are 'Vorkrieg bis 1939', which means they are 'prewar until 1939'. So they were made before WWII. Yet the spotted hyena, which looks like my one, is stated 'Nachkrieg', which means 'Postwar', so they were made after 1945. How can it be that it's still from 1930? scratch Maybe you mean they're from around 1950? Smile

I really have read it as 1950 and ended keeping it in my memory as 1930. geek You're right, it is 1950 what I wanted to say. :)

Haha okay, excuse my confusion Razz So 1950 it is! cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is your hyena the same as below? It is an Elastolin composition figure as you pointed.
I am immpressed with what you can do with love and glue! cheers

It sure looks like this composition figure, exept mine's missing his tail and only his muzzle is black, not his whole face.
And thanks, Roger. I now know how fragile these old composition figurines are, I wish he would have survived his journey better D:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have two of the same figure--but neither one is spotted! They are painted more like brown hyenas! Might be recasts, the paint and sculpt are not as crisp.

I'd love to see pictures of them as well bounce cheers

I only have the photo of one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Definitely no spots, and just hinted stripes, with mostly brown. They are both variations on this theme.

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is your hyena the same as below? It is an Elastolin composition figure as you pointed.
I am immpressed with what you can do with love and glue! cheers

It sure looks like this composition figure, exept mine's missing his tail and only his muzzle is black, not his whole face.
And thanks, Roger. I now know how fragile these old composition figurines are, I wish he would have survived his journey better D:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have two of the same figure--but neither one is spotted! They are painted more like brown hyenas! Might be recasts, the paint and sculpt are not as crisp.

I'd love to see pictures of them as well bounce cheers

I only have the photo of one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Definitely no spots, and just hinted stripes, with mostly brown. They are both variations on this theme.

Thanks for sharing your photograph, Sean! cheers If I check your model at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I think it's the prewar striped hyena from 1925. I think these striped hyenas have a slightly different pose than the postwar 1950 spotted ones Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Judging by the bends in the legs, I think you may be right--although, mine are not painted as distinctly 'striped' as in the photo.

I didn't imagine they were quite that old!

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32018

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Again I am so terribly sorry I am not allowed to show pictures from my book about Elastolin  Sad
The auther, Ulrich Raue ( UR), would be very, very upset if I did .

But I am sure I can tell you what the pictures and text concludes Very Happy

According to UR there are 5 different Elastolin-models with basically tree clearly different moulds and many colour variations of which he shows 15 !!!

The oldest mould was made in two variants, both made before WW2. It has a very bulky, fuzzy mane and short, thick tail. He calls them no 1 and 2.
The second mould was made both before ( VK)  and after (NK)  WW2. The tail is the same as 1 and 2, but the mane is not nearly as fuzzy. It has neither spots nor stripes. UR calls them no 3.
The third mould was only made NK. It has only the slightest hint of a mane, and the tail is thinnner. It came both spotted striped . UR calls the spotted on  No 4 and the striped one no 5.

Myself, I have only two. But perhaps they can illustrate ?  Shocked
The one to the left is almost similar to model 4 and the one to the right is a late ( But still VK) model 3.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope this explains something even if UR has been cought in a mistake with the buffalo ? scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:36 pm

It explains a lot, thanks Susanne! cheers And thanks for sharing these pictures as well, very handsome hyenas drunken I wish mine still had his tail!

I found this beauty on eBay. A bit too expensive for me (I think it's a good price, but I prefer spending my money on other figurines, yet I'd love to have this one in my collection Razz). It's stated as a 'wolf', but I think it looks more like a striped hyena (photograph by seller):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anything about this handsome fellow in your Elastolin book, Susanne? Smile

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32018

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:17 pm

What a beauty drunken I agree it muct be a striped hyena with the mane - and stripes Wink

It is certainly not from Elastolin. Those are all more or less like the ones I have.

I never saw this one before Shocked

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What a beauty drunken  I agree it muct be a striped hyena with the mane - and stripes Wink

It is certainly not from Elastolin. Those are all more or less like the ones I have.

I never saw this one before Shocked

Now I read it, the seller expects it's made by an European manufacterer, either Elastolin or Lineol. I think he's very handsome drunken But again, it's a bit too much for me, including shipping.. Maybe someone else wants him? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s te link.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 42
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What a beauty drunken  I agree it muct be a striped hyena with the mane - and stripes Wink

It is certainly not from Elastolin. Those are all more or less like the ones I have.

I never saw this one before Shocked

Now I read it, the seller expects it's made by an European manufacterer, either Elastolin or Lineol. I think he's very handsome drunken But again, it's a bit too much for me, including shipping.. Maybe someone else wants him? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s te link.

Not for that much! It is almost aardwolf-ish, due to the very gracile nature of the figure.

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32018

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Now I read it, the seller expects it's made by an European manufacterer, either Elastolin or Lineol.

Well, I am 100 % sure he isn't Elastolin and 99,999 % sure he isn't Lineol.
Many seller write that because they want people to find it when searching.
I some way he reminds me of one of the rare, old Japanese composition models. I have only once seen a zebra, but there is "something" ... scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 23
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3238

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Now I read it, the seller expects it's made by an European manufacterer, either Elastolin or Lineol.

Well, I am 100 % sure he isn't Elastolin and 99,999 % sure he isn't Lineol.
Many seller write that because they want people to find it when searching.
I some way he reminds me of one of the rare, old Japanese composition models. I have only once seen a zebra, but there is "something"  ... scratch

That would be even be more interesting. I didn't even know Japan made composition models scratch I really hope someone on the forum might know more!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32018

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 pm

I didn't know that either, but Ulrich Raue had the zebra for sale, and he is probably THE guy who knows nost about composition models at all...
It went for some crazy price, my bid was ridiculously low even if I bid more than I was comfortable with lol!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena   

Back to top Go down
 
Hausser Elastolin Spotted Hyena
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My Hausser Elastolin soft-plastic collection
» Hausser Elastolin 1939-1940 Catalogue
» Hausser Elastolin 54mm Farm animals
» Mojo Spotted hyena... more pictures
» Hausser Elastolin 1961 Catalogue

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies (Plastic, rubber, lead, composition, masse...) :: LINEOL - ELASTOLIN and German companies-
Jump to: