Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 7:27 pm

I have managed to gather a lot of 2016 models already and I will now proceed to reflect on my overly hasty judgement when the promo pics came out.

Loki - Friesian Stallion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Initial Reaction: I already have this pretty boi. I love him to teeny tiny bits. He is very very handsome. I especially love the curve of his ears and how allert he looks. His manes do ick me, they seem made of a different material than his body.
Current Opinion: He's been my friend for a little under a year now. He is very handsome, but he is very static. The flat color of his tail and manes do disappoint me a lot, but his body, although reminicent of a arabo-friesian rather than a tradition one, is lovely.
Final Verdict: He has pro's and con, but I still really love him, because his ears totally blow me away, which makes it all good.

Islanzadi - Andalusian Mare

Initial Reaction: This lass is bringing sexy back. She is already up on my shelf as well. I love her body action, her dapples and the way her manes turned out. I am so glad I already have her.
Current Opinion: She is very beautiful, but it is not a quality schleich represents in all their models, it is really only her and in parts Loki. She is very Elegant and so well painted. She is really the best made model this year.
Final Verdict: Belicima! Schleich should have this quality in all it's models, but they do not, which is a big let down.

Kian - Pinto Foal

Initial Reaction: HNG, I need it. It is so ffing cute! It looks like such a curious little lad. I am already so in love with that pink nose. That is the way to win me over, pink noses.
Current Opinion: If I have to leave the house overnight, Kian is in my bag. He is just so presh! He looks like he is only hours old and doesn't quite know how to horse just yet. Beyond adorable!
Final Verdict: Just too adorable. I hope I can obtain a few repaints of this model!

Brett - Tennessee Walker Foal

Initial Reaction: He looks a bit shy, don’t he. The colors are rather bright, but the socks are charming and the action in the model is very endearing too. He’ll move in with me!
Current Opinion:I love him so much, he is so sweet and shy looking. The colors are very vibrant, but other than that I see nothing wrong with this cute little thing. He is pretty young, which you can see from the curley manes and tail.
Final Verdict: I really really like him. I might look for a repainted version too.

Stavan - Mustang Stallion

Initial Reaction: First things first, he looks like a darned demon. Those eyes! Pure evil. I do like his colorsceme a lot! The action of the model is very sweet too. As well as the lowlights in his manes. Yep he is moving in!
Current Opinion: He is a very handsome model. I like that he is not static and the different shades of brown that go into his coat is lovely. The colors in his manes and tail are really interesting as well.
Final Verdict: A bit stocky and short, but very well made!

Aisha - Mustang Mare

Initial Reaction: From this angle, she is so super pretty. Curious and very confident looking girl. I like her colors and the action of the model. I think she is one of the best horses of the year.
Current Opinion: She is nice, although she does not live up to what I expected her to look. She is a tad on the small and the square side. Her colors are very well done and she looks very curious.
Final Verdict: Not what I had expected, but still very nice.

Akatsuki - Mustang Foal

Initial Reaction: I am a little on the fenche about this one. He looks about as demonic as his dad. I like that he isn’t the friendly little baby and actually looks like a vicious little monster.
Current Opinion: He doesn't look half as vicious as in the promo pictures and his color is more brown than orange. It is all in all a very nice model, which looks like it is about to run away.
Final Verdict: Very well done, I like him a lot!

Achaam - Clydesdale Gelding

Initial Reaction: Despite is oddly proportioned body, I love that they made a Clydesdale in classic dress. It looks fabulous and I think schleich deserved credit for doing it nicely.
Current Opinion: HNG YES!!!! I love this model despite all the flaws it has. Too bad Schleich decided to geld him, it would be cool if he were a proud stallion. I love his traditional dress and he is certainly one of my favorites this year.
Final Verdict: Fantastic, absolutely awesome!

Beatrice - Clydesdale Mare

Initial Reaction: Yes her braids ick me and her colors aren’t as lively as most this year, but I love how the spots turned out and I do like the action of the model some too.
Current Opinion: She turned out nicely. The grey circles around the white spots are very well done, as is the shading of the model. Her braids to turn me off a little, but she is an overall nice model.
Final Verdict: An overall lovely mare, well made.

Kos - Clydesdale Foal

Initial Reaction: It is so adorbs. I just wana cuddle it and feed it carrots and I luf it. He is a bit out of proportion, but I really really like it.
Current Opinion: He is a bit big for his age, look at the curls in his mane and tail, it means he is still a wee baby. And look what they did to his tail! He is really cute, but his spots are not too well done.
Final Verdict: Overall cute, but could have been done better.

Jondalar - Arab Mare

Initial Reaction: Pfft, schleich, what it that in his tail??? Well at least he looks less retarded than his wife huh. His action is very nice and his ears are super sweet though.
Current Opinion: He is so well done, safe for that little thing in his tail. He is such a beaut. I actually really really like him. Because he is so elegant and sweet looking.
Final Verdict: Very much yes, I like him a lot.

Other animals will come tomorrow

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Thankyou for the lovely pictures, and thankyou for your great and interesting pros-and-cons discussion cheers

Wonderful topic cheers Applause

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for the lovely pictures, and thankyou for your great and interesting pros-and-cons discussion cheers

Wonderful topic cheers Applause

Thank you Susanne!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:23 am

This was great to read and it made me very happy! I feel there is so much criticism of Schleich on here, especially their horses - I almost don't dare to admit that I actually like them! :-D I only have the Andalusian and the Mustang mare so far, but I'll be getting more as I find them, I love these two!
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 am

Anne from Norway wrote:
This was great to read and it made me very happy! I feel there is so much criticism of Schleich on here, especially their horses - I almost don't dare to admit that I actually like them! :-D I only have the Andalusian and the Mustang mare so far, but I'll be getting more as I find them, I love these two!

Thank you Anna

A lot of people are very critical of schleich, which I do understand, but I just really really love the brand. They do well enough.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:43 am

Owke i'm convinced i need these to ... No questions asked hahahaa
congratz on all Very Happy Love you comments

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:44 am

Dum_my wrote:
Owke i'm convinced i need these to ... No questions asked hahahaa
congratz on all Very Happy Love you comments

Just wait until you see the Giraffe.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:53 pm

Bikkel - Piglet

Initial Reaction: EHMEHGERD, it is so cute. I need to have this lil piggy *grabby hands*
Current Opinion: It is so tiny and adorable, it is literally my little baby.
Final Verdict: Schleich should make a whole litter of these babies.

Sproet - Piglet

Initial Reaction: The blanky, the bottle, can you hear my ovaries scream!!! I love this little baby!
Current Opinion: It is so supercute, I just need more of these little babies.
Final Verdict: Yes Schleich, this is the stuff I want to see.

Mameha - Cheetah

Initial Reaction: Holy Maloley YES! She looks so regal and pretty. Like a flipping queen. Admittedly the colors a rather flat, but her pose is amazayn!
Current Opinion: Fffff yes, this girl is a bloody Geisha. She is so graceful and beautiful. I lucking fove her and bloody heck, give me more of these schleich.
Final Verdict: This is literally what I am expecting from this brand!

Hidekuni - Cheetah Kitten

Initial Reaction: Beside the fact that this baby looks slightly mentally challenged, it is a cuty patooty and I want to have it.
Current Opinion: He is so cute and him and his mommah fit together so well. I compared him to real cheetah kits and it is actually kind of accurate.
Final Verdict: So übercute, I very much like it.

Melman - Giraffe Calf

Initial Reaction: The slight tilt of it’s head is what seduces me into buying it eventually. It is very cute looking but just about as toyish at it’s dad and mum.
Current Opinion: Kind of toyish, but so super precious. It is such a goofy cute thing with such curiousity to it. I really love it.
Final Verdict: One of my favorite wild life models.

Misha - African Elephant Calf

Initial Reaction: So fantastically nice and still so cute and oh gods I need it!
Current Opinion: Even though it is clearly a toy, it still is very well modeled and has the shape and porportions of a real Elephant baby, which is so cool
Final Verdict: Nice one Schleich, but why retire the other so soon.

Meraxes - Diver Dragon

Initial Reaction: YAAAAAAAAAS, this dragon looks ffing amazing and I am going to buy it!
Current Opinion: It is so amazingly made. It's wings can move all ways through ball joints and the maw opens. He is a model in every way. He has so much detail and looks like this is a real animal.
Final Verdict: Yes Yes Yes, I am so in love with it!

Yuuki - Unicorn Foal

Initial Reaction: So happy and peppy and cute
Current Opinion: A bit oddly proportioned, but a very fun and imaginative model.
Final Verdict: So deliciousely gay!

Allison - Bayala Foal

Initial Reaction: So conflicted, it looks like schleich is on LSD again, but this one turned out remotely nice.
Current Opinion: It turned out very nice, actually. I really like it. Her hair is very shiney and she is very sweet looking.
Final Verdict: Nice enough, but very girly

Lydia - Bayala Foal

Initial Reaction: What is this even supposed to be? What is wrong with colors?
Current Opinion: I love her, I am totally sold on the feathers and colors and the shape of her head. I think I am going crazy
Final Verdict: As much as I like her, I am worried for Schleich's drug use.

Cora - Bayala Foal

Initial Reaction: Jason I don’t understand?
Current Opinion: I still don't. It is an amusing looking filly, but she looks really clownish.
Final Verdict: What even?

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:06 am

Well, we are a forum where people express opinions. So, it is natural some criticism towards some commercial strategies, designs, figures, companies, etc. Though, everyone has its own taste and if it doesn't go in accordance with the majoritiy, it should not be a problem, a good figure is that which please the collector who gets it and not necessarily the one that everyone claims as being the best. So, everyone should be confortable commenting on forum as long as the comment is just a honest opinion and nothing rude or that intends to hurt other persons.

I personally love the cheetah, it is very dynamic and realistic according with my perception and taste but giraffes, f.i., are quite not relevant for me once I am not too much into toyish figures. Though, I am sure these giraffes will make lots of owners to feel happy of having them. Very Happy

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Thosse baby foal bayala horse things .. i want them all .. but .. they just are very weird.
I'm so with you on all you'r comments XD

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Dum_my wrote:
Thosse baby foal bayala horse things .. i want them all .. but .. they just are very weird.
I'm so with you on all you'r comments XD

They are my cuties

And thank you so much!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed   Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2016 Models Revieuwed
Page 1 of 1