Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Suggestions for the SUY of July, click HERE sunny

Share | 

Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

May I bring your attention on something, please? It's about Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians. In my room, I have a book edited by Marshall Editions about prehistoric animals. It's the 2000 french version of a book lensed in english back in 1988. I want you to look at the pages about the prehistoric amphibians. Do you noticed the same thing as I did? For their Prehistoric Amphibians line, PLAY VISIONS USED, AS MODELS, THE VERY ILLUSTRATIONS OF THAT BOOK. The postures are the same, the colors are the same, the textures are the same. All the very same!
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: PV prehisMarine reptiles inspiration   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:43 pm

The same book was used for models of the prehistoric mammals and prehistoric reptiles as well!

And those illustrations have shown up in many different books over the last 30+ years. Plus a Grolier CD-ROM called Prehistoria

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?   Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:31 am

Something inspirational indeed! Laughing
Thanks Bowhead! :)That's another treasure from PV world. Very Happy

I am using the chance to show Christophe's collection to turn easier to everyone to compare.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?   Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:33 am

The lemurs was inspired by Grzimeks book.

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:31 am

Thankyou, Roger ( and Christophe), - this suddenly made this topic interesting for an ignorant like me Applause

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The same book was used for models of the prehistoric mammals and prehistoric reptiles as well!

And those illustrations have shown up in many different books over the last 30+ years. Plus a Grolier CD-ROM called Prehistoria

You own a copy of that book too?
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?   Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:44 pm

You own a copy of that book too?

I think I have two, and I have seen several others reusing the same illustrations. Plus the CD-ROM (which uses older pictures--and does not include the conodont)

The main one is The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Creatures.

Some pages can be see here:

(I can't remember my login to check...!)

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?   

Back to top Go down

Inspiration for Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians?
Page 1 of 1