Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Working on a realistic repaint of Safari's new lynx. It's a gorgeously detailed sculpt but had a lousy paint job I couldn't stand. I will be doing a walkaround photoshoot with my other camera once I'm done.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitelightning-wolf.deviantart.com
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Wow, I love it! It's beautiful now! The paintwork from Safari wasn't good at all, this one is perfect! Now it's easy to see how nice this model is! Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:48 pm

I also love it !
Very very well done. Now it looks like Lynx with realistic coat :)

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:38 pm

Ohhhh!!! I ADORE it drunken

The original is ok, I think, - the Canadian lynx can be rather light, - but this one looks SO much better cheers

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 pm

That's a very realistic painting! If it was not the somewhat off proportions of the figure, I could easily think it was a real lynx. Shocked
I dislike very much the original painting although I intend to get it. I also think that Safari made a generic looking North American lynx, not exactly a Canada lynx or a bobcat. I don't know which species you used to make your work but now it looks a perfect bobcat for me, not a Canada lynx. I am glad you'll show more pictures of your great work! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:41 pm

That is indeed much, MUCH better.
I liked the figure when we were shown the first pictures of it, but it looked quite lackluster.
I kept wondering how it would look with a decent paint job.
But now, after seeing your work, I don't feel any more hesitation to put it on my "to buy" list.
Thanks for showing.

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I dislike very much the original painting although I intend to get it. I also think that Safari made a generic looking North American lynx, not exactly a Canada lynx or a bobcat. I don't know which species you used to make your work but now it looks a perfect bobcat for me, not a Canada lynx. I am glad you'll show more pictures of your great work! Very Happy

I think it is very clearly a Canadian lynx . We can check off all the points that distinguishes it from the bobcat Very Happy :
- Huge paws
- long legs
- very long under-leg on hind legs
- long tuffs on the ears
- tail with black tip and no stripes

I love this model very much  Laughing

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:49 pm

I think it is very clearly a Canadian lynx . We can check off all the points that distinguishes it from the bobcat Very Happy :
- Huge paws
- long legs
- very long under-leg on hind legs
- long tuffs on the ears
- tail with black tip and no stripes

I love this model very much  Laughing

The sculpt is without any doubts a Canada lynx and I agree with your points. My problem is with the painting. It is correct that Canada lynxes have the tip of their tails black while bobcats have black only on the dorsal tip of the tail being ventral white. An important detail indeed. I may be wrong about the painting but I think leg strips are very rare in Canada lynxes while they're common in bobcats.
There's another thing I don't know, Safari just calls it lynx, it seems in US English lynx is used to Canada lynxes while the bobcat is never called a lynx, if it is right, the ambiguous designation is explained.
I really hope, when having it in my hands, to have a much better opinion about the figure, when I see the mass produced version in pictures, I can't see a realistic looking figure, it looks quite artifitial and this repainting makes a huge difference to the figure.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:24 am

Great repaint Very Happy As usual, Safari Ltd is able to produce excellent models before painting Wink You give justice to this one Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview   Today at 10:39 am

Back to top Go down

2016 Safari LTD. Lynx Realistic Repaint Preview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1