Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imperial creatures

Go down 
+13
Jill
Burgerenby
pipsxlch
bmathison1972
smilodoncalifornicus
Wilorvise
landrover
Tarunyada
Bowhead Whale
FluffySlipers
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Imperial creatures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, that's a quite unusual looking ankylosaurus, I think one of the big interests of the dino collecting hobby is to see how representations of prehistoric animals change during the years, for manufacutring design and also for popular and scientific perception of these creatures. Congratulations for your new find. I added it to TAi, 27th ankylosaurus. Very Happy

Did you write the year 1977? The year is very important, because Imperial released quite a few lines of dinosaurs, recognizable by the year. Surprised
By the way, I also have a few surprises for you in AAA!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:46 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Yes, that's a quite unusual looking ankylosaurus, I think one of the big interests of the dino collecting hobby is to see how representations of prehistoric animals change during the years, for manufacutring design and also for popular and scientific perception of these creatures. Congratulations for your new find. I added it to TAi, 27th ankylosaurus. Very Happy

Did you write the year 1977? The year is very important, because Imperial released quite a few lines of dinosaurs, recognizable by the year. Surprised

Yes, it was listed as 1979 and I changed it to 1977. I'll check your new AAA! bounce bounce

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Did you write the year 1977? The year is very important, because Imperial released quite a few lines of dinosaurs, recognizable by the year.  Surprised

Yes, it was listed as 1979 and I changed it to 1977. I'll check your new AAA! bounce bounce

Imperial released a line of dinosaurs (including a Dimetrodon) in 1977. In 1978, the manufacturer released a new line of dinos, and a third one in 1979. A fourth line, more realistic than the others, was released in 1985. Another one, including a Smilodon and an American Mastodon (the one I provided you with) was released in 1989. In the 2000's, an original line of dinosaurs was released by Imperial; this one was a line of skelettons with a soft rubber skin we could put on (to see the animal alive) or take off (to see the skeletton).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 12:52 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Did you write the year 1977? The year is very important, because Imperial released quite a few lines of dinosaurs, recognizable by the year.  Surprised

Imperial released a line of dinosaurs (including a Dimetrodon) in 1977. In 1978, the manufacturer released a new line of dinos, and a third one in 1979. A fourth line, more realistic than the others, was released in 1985. Another one, including a Smilodon and an American Mastodon (the one I provided you with) was released in 1989. In the 2000's, an original line of dinosaurs was released by Imperial; this one was a line of skelettons with a soft rubber skin we could put on (to see the animal alive) or take off (to see the skeletton).

Oh, almost every year a new collection, that's not a range of toys, that's an Empire! Shocked king
I'll take this information in consideration while building the Imperial page. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Meanwhile, here is my 1989 Imperial Anatosaurus. I received it this morning.

The reason why I didn't tell you which species exactly belongs in which line (1977, 1978, 1979 and so) simply is because I never saw any complete line together yet. All I know is that a few species were represented in almost every Imperial dino line, like Stégosaurus which appears in two or three lines of this manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:20 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Meanwhile, here is my 1989 Imperial Anatosaurus. I received it this morning.

The reason why I didn't tell you which species exactly belongs in which line (1977, 1978, 1979 and so) simply is because I never saw any complete line together yet. All I know is that a few species were represented in almost every Imperial dino line, like Stégosaurus which appears in two or three lines of this manufacturer.

You're already contributing a lot to enrich our knowledge about Imperial company. As we did with other brands, we will reorganize everything as long as more information is known. So, adding all these figures, we will certainly achieve a point where it starts getting more comprehensive.
Congratulations for your new Anatosaurus, I added it as the 17th edmontosaurus on TAi. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:15 pm

The line of dinosaurs released in 2009 was called "Remove the Skeletton". They were made of soft rubber, but inside was a hard plastic skeletton. An opening on the belly provided the collector with the possibility to remove the skeletton from the figure to play "paleonthologist". We could remove the skin or re-put it in place at will. The dinosaurs available in that series were:
- Spinosaurus
- Styracosaurus
- Parasaurolophus
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Rebbachisaurus.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 1:33 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
The line of dinosaurs released in 2009 was called "Remove the Skeletton". They were made of soft rubber, but inside was a hard plastic skeletton. An opening on the belly provided the collector with the possibility to remove the skeletton from the figure to play "paleonthologist". We could remove the skin or re-put it in place at will. The dinosaurs available in that series were:
- Spinosaurus
- Styracosaurus
- Parasaurolophus
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Rebbachisaurus.

I added the list of these to TAi. Soon Imperial page will need are more complex layout. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 3:31 am

Perfect! It's a shame, though, that I don't own any piece of this set...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 10:35 pm

I just found today another animal Imperial produced: a PANDA BEAR released in 1987, the same year as the Arctic Wolf. I just saw the figurine on EBay. It's cute, represented standing on its rear feet.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:05 am

Pics please :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:45 pm

widukind wrote:
Pics please :)

I don't have it. I just said I found an Imperial Panda Bear on auction on Ebay right now.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:33 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I just found today another animal Imperial produced: a PANDA BEAR released in 1987, the same year as the Arctic Wolf. I just saw the figurine on EBay. It's cute, represented standing on its rear feet.

I added a link on Imperial page. I hope you get it and take a pic to TAI. Laughing

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Soon, you will get new pics for TAI: yesterday, I received a new vintage Imperial animal (marked 1985) and I'm expecting three more via mail (marked 1977 and 1989). I'm not telling what they are yet, I want them to be a surprise for you.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptySun May 29, 2016 1:07 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Soon, you will get new pics for TAI: yesterday, I received a new vintage Imperial animal (marked 1985) and I'm expecting three more via mail (marked 1977 and 1989). I'm not telling what they are yet, I want them to be a surprise for you.

I am happy for you! ... and curious to see what they are. bounce bounce

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Here they are:
- 1985 Imperial Styracosaurus
- 1977 Imperial Dimetrodon
- 1977 Imperial Megalosaurus
- 1989 Imperial Smilodon
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 3:06 am

40th Dimetrodon, 5th Megalosaurus, 28th Smilodon and 17th Styracosaurus all added on TAI.
How could I ever think that dimetrodons were more common in toy shape than smilodons? scratch
Congratulations for acquiring these, I like a lot that dimetrodon and smilodon is also a very great looking one.
Thanks also for sharing with us.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Some imperial animals in my collection:

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 8:43 pm

GOOD! Love that 1985 Triceratops. And the 1985 Brachiosaurus looks good too, having one myself (but in another color scheme). I assume the tiger and other animals are from another line than my Imperial tiger and wolf, yours looking to be smaller, right? By curiosity, in what year were those wild animals produced?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 5:28 am

Congratulations Fernando, i especially like the gazelle :)

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 pm

oh, is that a gerenuk? Congrats all around.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:45 pm

By curiosity, how many are we on this forum to own Imperial pièces?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 12:52 am

What a great contribution from Fernando, I'll need your expertized help to sort them on Imperial page on TAI! bounce Very Happy

Bowhead Whale wrote:
By curiosity, how many are we on this forum to own Imperial pièces?

I believe not many people owns Imperial figures, though, I can give you some links:
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

- Sean and his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- Sumo with her [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- Simone with her [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 4:53 pm

OK Roger,
I have too, lion, elephant,zebra, giraffe.

I will search tomorrow, I'll take some pictures.
I'll look at the year of manufacture.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperial creatures
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next