Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 
 

 Toy Concepts Animal Friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale



Country/State : Canada
Age : 39
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 999

PostSubject: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anyone know the "Animal Friends" line by Toy Concepts, available in Fall 1997? Here is the card I kept when I bought the Oryx. On the back, I enclosed every animal as soon as I bought it; as you can see, I could never buy neither the tiger nor the leopard.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 63
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27751

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Interesting Very Happy
I never heard of them before Shocked


_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bowhead Whale



Country/State : Canada
Age : 39
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are the Oryx, the Kudu, the Moose and the Zebra.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale



Country/State : Canada
Age : 39
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are the Gorilla, the Alaskan Brown Bear and the Giraffe.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale



Country/State : Canada
Age : 39
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here are the African Elephant, the Black Rhinocéros and the River Hippopotamus.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 19994

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Another brand to put on TAI and some more interesting figures to hunt! bounce bounce
I have to notice these draws on card. The leopard seems inspired in a cheetah, the gorilla in a chimp, the rhino is clearly an Indian and not an African rhino and the oryx is a chimera, bongo body, eland horns perhaps. Love zebra and graffe draws.
Although figures are less spectacular then draws, they're by far more faithful to the species represented.
Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23173

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:26 am

Congrats :) I have a monkey for trade :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale



Country/State : Canada
Age : 39
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congrats :) I have a monkey for trade :)

Thank you, but my Animal Friends are not for trade! Smile Unless I find something else that might interest you in trade of the monkey? Rolling Eyes

I remember the leopard and the tiger when they were in the store (two little boys bought them before I could). They were both made of the very same mold. Therefore, I found, years later, a flocked tiger exactly like the Animal Friends Tiger in the local flea market, but without the card, unfortunately. Would you like me to show it to you? The leopard was yellow and his spots were represented by black macaroni-shaped marks all over its body.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale



Country/State : Canada
Age : 39
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Another brand to put on TAI and some more interesting figures to hunt! bounce bounce
I have to notice these draws on card. The leopard seems inspired in a cheetah, the gorilla in a chimp, the rhino is clearly an Indian and not an African rhino and the oryx is a chimera, bongo body, eland horns perhaps. Love zebra and graffe draws.
Although figures are less spectacular then draws, they're by far more faithful to the species represented.
Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

As you may also notice, the picture on the Oryx card shown a Grant Gazelle, not an Oryx. And, in consequence (sorry for my bad habit of correcting manufacturers' mistakes), I Drew black and white marks on the picture's face to make it look more like the Gemsbok it was supposed to be. So, sorry to show you another repainted item again...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 19994

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:16 am

Laughing Laughing This time you just repainted the card, isn't it? Very Happy
Well, I think mistakes are part of the history of these figures but I understand that you felt tempted to fix it. Wink
No, I haven't noticed it was a Grant's gazelle instead although the way horns curve outwards didn't look natural to me.
Bowhead, I believe Andreas is not wanting one of your figures but just telling he has a monkey to trade with someone interested... and yes, show your flocked tiger please. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 63
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27751

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:06 am

This is very, very interesting !!! I have most of them, but was told that they are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , an old DDR compagny Shocked

Now there are several explanations,
- Concepts took over from Max Carl
- Concepts copied from Max Carl

...or the other way round scratch Very Happy

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23173

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congrats :) I have a monkey for trade :)

Thank you, but my Animal Friends are not for trade! Smile Unless I find something else that might interest you in trade of the monkey? Rolling Eyes

I remember the leopard and the tiger when they were in the store (two little boys bought them before I could). They were both made of the very same mold. Therefore, I found, years later, a flocked tiger exactly like the Animal Friends Tiger in the local flea market, but without the card, unfortunately. Would you like me to show it to you? The leopard was yellow and his spots were represented by black macaroni-shaped marks all over its body.

Oh no, only mine. I dont prefer flocked figurines :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale



Country/State : Canada
Age : 39
Joined : 2012-01-31
Posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This is very, very interesting !!! I have most of them, but was told that they are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , an old DDR compagny Shocked

Now there are several explanations,
-  Concepts took over from Max Carl
-  Concepts copied from Max Carl

...or the other way round  scratch  Very Happy

My flocked tiger looks exactly like the one with the paw upright in the link you shared;and the leopard of the line is exactly the same as the one shown on that link as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Toy Concepts Animal Friends   Today at 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Toy Concepts Animal Friends
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Animal Friends Pottery St Just Cornwall
» Unlikely animal friendships
» Long time no see my old friends
» Forever Friends Blog Tour
» Forever Friends reading

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Other modern companies-
Jump to: