Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

my Deborah McDermott's horses

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

my Deborah McDermott's horses Empty
PostSubject: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016, 21:29

Hello dear CollectA fans, this is thread with my first horses by Deborah.
When they released first horses made by her, I was positively surprised, but didn't start to collect them, as I wanted to be loyal to Schleich. But as Schleich isn't loayl to collectors Very Happy and focused mostly on kids, I decided to get some CollectA horses. Actually, they are vanishing from czech stores, and they don't sell 2015 horses.

My first horse is 2013 Dartmoor pony stallion, black (maybe I would appreciate the bay one more, but there was only the black):
my Deborah McDermott's horses Photog10
Very nice model, detailed, I like the waving tail and mane. For me he is a way too narrow, mostly the neck. But he doesn't have extreme pearshape. Here compared to my old Schleich riding pony "Merlin":
my Deborah McDermott's horses Ponies10

He is my first, but definitely not last, I'm allready waiting for two horses from MPV Wink

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016, 21:38

It was a great decision! I dont have anything against Schleich and actually, not many brands attracted collectors to the world of horses as much as Schleich did, mostly with the older releases. Though, I see the horse hobby a kind of serious thing. What's the interest of collecting horses representing different breeds, colors, gaits, when the focus are braids, flowers, hearts and girlish things like that? scratch
Despite not being consensual, I find Deborah horses very serious works, as serious as horses and collectors deserve. Congrats! Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016, 22:10

@Roger wrote:
It was a great decision! I dont have anything against Schleich and actually, not many brands attracted collectors to the world of horses as much as Schleich did, mostly with the older releases. Though, I see the horse hobby a kind of serious thing. What's the interest of collecting horses representing different breeds, colors, gaits, when the focus are braids, flowers, hearts and girlish things like that?  scratch
Despite not being consensual, I find Deborah horses very serious works, as serious as horses and collectors deserve. Congrats! Very Happy
Thank you, Roger fot those wise words. I also don't have anything against Schleich, they produced many amazing models, which will always stay among my favourites. They've started my interest in equine breeds and history of breeding. I just disagree with their contemporary philosophy, so it's time to move further. And hiring professional sculptors like Deborah McdDermott is the philosophy I like and it's the best way to reach the serious level of model horses. Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016, 22:13

Congratulations

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016, 01:08

Congrats!

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016, 07:16

Thank you, guys.

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016, 09:09

Its a fantastic sculpt , the pics of most collectA figures never do justice , as the figures are even better when you hold them cheers . I have few horses but most are CollectA Wink

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016, 11:45

He's one of my favorite CollectA molds I love you Congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016, 13:30

Congratz on the dartmoor. :)
I like him to my self.
You can buy them in you country very cheap
Bought like 5 horses there one day at my vacation
spend half of what they would have cost in the Netherlands!

Night Elf

Country/State : USA /// Pacific Northwest

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016, 05:01

Congrats! I love my Dartmoor and all my CollectAs. I love you Although my Schleichs still outnumber all other brands though due to availability. Smile

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016, 07:36

Thank you James, LeeAnn, Dummy and Jessica.
His mold is beautiful, I love him, and I'm going to show him on my first live show this weekend.
You're right, Dummy, they are cheap here. Compare to Schleich, this pony from yellow category costs less than Schleich red category. And CollectA foals are only a bit more than HALF price of Schleich foals. But unfortunately, they are just selling what they have in CollectA shelves and not getting new. So in most stores, you just find only few horses/farm animals/wildlife. And they don't have 2015 horses in czech stores neither in czech eshops :-\

Last edited by onatello on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 08:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016, 08:45

@onatello wrote:
But unfortunately, they are just selling what they have in CollectA shelves and not getting new. So in most stores, you just find only few horses/farm animals/wildlife. And they don't have 2015 horses in czech stores neither in czech eshops :-\

Yes its the same problem in India, CollectA has only few stock on shelves and on the online shops, but the cost is 25% less than the european shelf rates of CollectA figures! I do not collect many horses, but CollectA has changed that for me sunny the sculpts are uniquely brilliant cheers

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 15 May 2016, 14:47

Hi,
as I started collect ColletA, I had to buy of course some of my favourite Hanoverian breed. Here they are:
2010 stallion bay, 2015 mare bright bay
my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove11

Ladies first:
Nice, quite big mare in elegant pose of piaffe, what I really like - the waving tail and concentration ih her face. She is made from harder plastic, so no bending legs and she stands properly.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Nobles10
She's another dressage Hanoverian for my collection. Compared to the Don Johnson (LE for MPV) and Schleich 13296 Dressage Hanoverian: Jonny still rules in the beauty and realism.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Nobles11

There are few flaws I don't like on her: her ears seem too long to me(twice as long as stallion's ears), her right fore leg is really odd from frontal view and she suffers from extreme pear shape. Compared to the stallion, who has correct body shape and accurate ears:
my Deborah McDermott's horses Hann_c10

And now, the nobleman:
I had this model in my hands few times in past, considering buying him, but because of paintwork, I didn't buy him. Now he isn't available in my country, so I bought him on MPV (and the 2015 mare even didn't appear in local stores). And I was pretty surprised with his colours. Maybe they changed it slightely, or maybe I changed my requirement. He is still a bit reddish, but the shading is nice, no visible airbrush lines.
my Deborah McDermott's horses His_hi11

The sculpt is very good, detailed with good proportions and anatomy. And there's one thing in which he beated Jonny - his face isn't so narrow as Jonny's.
my Deborah McDermott's horses His_hi10

Beauty of this model was confirmed on Prague live show this weekend, when he won first place in other brands warmblood cathegory and third place in all other brands OF horses. So, he is a little champion Very Happy

Last edited by onatello on Sun 15 May 2016, 16:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75
75senta75

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 15 May 2016, 15:19

Great photos. In my opion, CollectA has for moment the best horse models in this size. I love you

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 15 May 2016, 15:40

Thank you, I'm learning with new camera. I have to agree, CollectA rules in this scale of horses.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 15 May 2016, 16:31

Beautyful wonderful horses !!! sunny

Thankyou for the great pictures and the evaluation !
This kind of topic is very valuable , and I have found that it is not easy at all to make them nearly as well as you did here Applause

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 15 May 2016, 22:27

@SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyful wonderful horses !!! sunny

Thankyou for the great pictures and the evaluation !
This kind of topic is very valuable , and I have found that it is not easy at all to make them nearly as well as you did here Applause

Oh, thank you very much, Susanne. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 15 May 2016, 23:18

I am also an enthusiast of Deborah's sculpts and I agree that your considerations and pictures are very baluable and your pictures very pleasant. Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 16 May 2016, 00:25

Congrats! They are very nice.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 16 May 2016, 09:54

Thank you, Roger and Donny Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 16 May 2016, 13:38

Congrats. I enjoyed your pictures and commentary :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 16 May 2016, 17:46

@Wilorvise wrote:
Congrats. I enjoyed your pictures and commentary :)
Thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 22 May 2016, 19:37

i Agree with you
Congratz :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyTue 24 May 2016, 19:45

@Dum_my wrote:
i Agree with  you
Congratz :)
Thanks Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 05 Jun 2016, 17:44

Hello, I have unexpected addition to my Hanoverian family. Last week I visited nearest toy store to buy some gift for my baby nephew, and I checked the CollectA shelves. Surprisly, they had few new foals - 2016 Paso and 2015 Hanoverian. So I bought this filly:
my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove15

Actually, I'm a bit dissapointed, in my opinion it looks better on the promo photo. It lacks a foal's cuteness in its face (it looks quite tough mostly from frontal view), the colour is too orange and its mane should be more black, as it is supposed to be a bay horse. Also the tail is oddly painted to a light brown (it is strange, cause the whole paintwork is done by airbrush and tail is just painted with solid colour). But I like the movement with swishing tail and the sculpt is full of details (she even has tiny udder) with corect body shape (not exetreme pear shape). Together with its mother:
my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove16
It's visible they were released in the same year, they're so much alike! Both caught in dynamic pose full of life, and it seems to me that their heads are similar.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove17
But there is also a resemblance with the stallion, in head shape and also in the leg markings, both have white sock on right hind leg. So no doubts - she is his daughter Wink
my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove13
And just one family portrait: my Deborah McDermott's horses Hanove14

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 06 Jun 2016, 01:15

Congratulations for your new foal! I find your post very interesting with wonderful pictures and pertinent observations about the foal when compared with their parents. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 06 Jun 2016, 07:10

Congratulations with your new filly Very Happy

Great pictures and great comments Applause

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 06 Jun 2016, 08:53

Thank you very much, Roger and Susanne cheers

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 12:01

Hello,
they added some horses to CollectA shelves in my nearest toystore Wink
my Deborah McDermott's horses Collec13

So I got two new horses - 2010 stallion and 2013 (mini)Shetty. I love them. I bet you all know them well allready, so just few pics and words.
The Friesian is very nice, love his details, wrinkles, typical long head with very realistic expression. I'm happy that I found one with minimum rubs.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Collec12

Two of 2010 horses, some of the most beautiful CollectAs I think. It's a shame, that the Friesian has "stallion" on his belly, but he is actually a gelding.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Collec11

Two blacks with manes and tails waving in the wind.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Collec10

And finally comparison with Schleich Friesian. Both are of modern sport type I think (rather light with long necks and legs), but the bad conformation of the Schleich one is now more obvious.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Friesi10

And now the lovely Shetland. I was pretty surprised, that it's a mare. I would expect a gelding. But it's a mini mare running:
my Deborah McDermott's horses Shetty10

...and rearing:
my Deborah McDermott's horses Rearin10

She is really small, almost in SM size, but very detailed and well sculpted.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Shetla10

I was also impressed with Thoroughbred mare, but the paintwork was bad, so maybe later, if I find better one...

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 12:10

They are lovely, congratulations! And nice pictures, thanks for sharing Smile

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 13:37

Beaytyful ! Beautyful ! cheers

I have never see that shetlkan in  chestnut colour, - he is adoreable I love you

Thankyou for the lovely pictures , and congratulations with the news Applause

Arrrrhw  drunken  cheers
@onatello wrote:

...and rearing:

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 24 Jul 2016, 19:25

Thank you, Julie and Susanne :-)
The Shetty is really adorable. In the Czech republic they have only the chestnut variant, and I like it more than the silver dapple.

Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : USA /// Pacific Northwest

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016, 00:24

Beautiful new additions! I love seeing your new photos, they are always very nice.  Applause

Also, I am envious that you have CollectAs in your local shops! I hope someday the shops around me will carry CollectA so I can handpick them. Smile

Dum_my

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016, 11:23

Also very nice additions congtatz Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016, 12:14

Thank you, Jessica and Dum_my.
It's always fine to handpick figurines, actually the Shetty is from online store, but they delivered it to the toy-store where I picked the Friesian. They have even few small 2015 and 2016 novelties, mostly foals and dogs, and also the tahr. But I'm still waiting for adult horses from 2015 and 2016.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016, 23:44

Very pleasant to watch your great pictures and read your observations. Friesian comparison pictures are really eloquent, they show clearly how differently horses are designed in Schleich and CollectA "studios". :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 31 Jul 2016, 16:25

@Roger wrote:
Very pleasant to watch your great pictures and read your observations. Friesian comparison pictures are really eloquent, they show clearly how differently horses are designed in Schleich and CollectA "studios". :)
Thank you, Roger. It's funny how comparison can change the way you look on a figure.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 31 Jul 2016, 20:20

@onatello wrote:
@Roger wrote:
Thank you, Roger. It's funny how comparison can change the way you look on a figure.

Yes, indeed !!! Very Happy

Imagine if they were mixed, and only the best from both + a quite new body shape Laughing

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 31 Jul 2016, 21:43

Congrats. :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySat 29 Oct 2016, 08:46

Hi, finally managed myself to adjust photo of two last horses, that came in August from MPV - the two 2016 novelties by CollectA: beautiful Camargue mare, and chunky Ardennes stallion.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Camarg11
my Deborah McDermott's horses Ardenn21

The mare is really nice, I love her head and face expres​sion(though the head seems to me a bit bigger for the rest of body). I wanted her since I saw first pictures of the sculpt.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Camarg10

As for the stallion, at first I wanted him, cause I wanna have some CollectA draft horses and I like bay horses. Then I saw some in-hand photos and because of his painting I decided for not buying him. Later, I've changed my mind again, cause I visited horse show and fell in love with the colour of this noriker, so I bought the Ardennes stallion with idea of getting him repainted, as a roan colour is typical for the breed.
my Deborah McDermott's horses Norik10

I will make walkaround of both figurines Wink

Last edited by onatello on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 09:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySat 29 Oct 2016, 09:00

Congrats :)

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySat 29 Oct 2016, 09:04

@widukind wrote:
Congrats :)
Thanks Wink

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySat 29 Oct 2016, 10:44

Those two are indeed among the ones I love most from Debor's hand cheers
A big congratulations flower

Your pictures are great, - and I agree that the roan colour suits the Ardennes horse very much Very Happy

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 08:39

Thank you Susanne, I agree that these two are on of her best sculpts.
I hope I find an artist, who is good at roan repaint Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 30 Oct 2016, 14:08

Those are beautiful horse figures and nicely pictured! Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016, 18:01

@Roger wrote:
Those are beautiful horse figures and nicely pictured! Very Happy
Thank you :-)

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySat 19 Nov 2016, 23:16

In October, new CollectA horse trotted in to my collection:
my Deborah McDermott's horses Collec10
The bay Thoroughbred mare, I bought her because I love trotting molds and I love bays, and in general, she is nice. And so is the Thoroughbred filly, so the mare will be a broodmare in future, I guess...
my Deborah McDermott's horses Collec12
Not excited about the paintjob - quite disturbing airbrush lines, the mane and especially forelock look unfinished. But there is one special thing about paintwork of her head...
my Deborah McDermott's horses Collec11
Got it?

She has no facial markings! A factory flaw, and a possible rarity? (Maybe I could call her Rarity  Very Happy) I wonder if it is usual with this model, or do I really have a unique horse? scratch what about your Thorougbred mares, do they have stars and snips? Wink

Last edited by onatello on Sun 20 Nov 2016, 12:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySat 19 Nov 2016, 23:54

Congratulations for all these lovely horse models Onatello :)

@SUSANNE wrote:
Beaytyful ! Beautyful ! cheers

I have never see that shetlkan in  chestnut colour, - he is adoreable I love you

Thankyou for the lovely pictures , and congratulations with the news Applause

Arrrrhw  drunken  cheers
@onatello wrote:

...and rearing:

And talking about shetland pony ...check this out Laughing  :

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 20 Nov 2016, 07:52

She is lovely, AL cheers

We don't even have a picture of her in TAI, so I do not know if she is a rarity, - but she certainly doesn't have a blaze as shown in the booklet Shocked
Laughing Kosta, you can always find funny video he-he-he-whinnie-hm-hm ( Isn't that what ponies say ? ) lol!

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses EmptySun 20 Nov 2016, 12:33

Thank you, Susanne and Costa.
Ponies are funny, and amazing Very Happy
Do you know this:
not sure what language is it, but the pony or minihorse is spectacular!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my Deborah McDermott's horses   my Deborah McDermott's horses Empty

Back to top Go down

my Deborah McDermott's horses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA :: CollectA additions-
Jump to: