Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Larami Dinosaurs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
Yup! Very Happy Glad I could add the Plesiorsaur.

By curiosity: where exactly did you get that Larami Plesiosaur?

I found a lot on Marktplaats, a big group of all sorts of plastic animals.
He is from that lot, which also contained a mysterious ray and an AAA eel (among others).

But Larami dinosaur is looking for a new home.
No trades for him yet.

I'm interested... Very Happy

PMed you Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Yesterday, I received four Larami dinosaurs! Here they are:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ANKYLOSAURUS

PTERANODON

IGUANODON

TYRANNOSAURUS

I'll put them all on TAI as soon as I can.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

That's an important lot! 4 Larami dinosaurs at once! cheers Well, actually they are three because one of them is not a dinosaur at all. The retro Rex is somewhat humanoid but they have a lot of charm! I can't tell that the ankylosaurus looks exactly like what it is supposed to look but I like its armadillosaur look, it makes me think in a completely new creature. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 am

Congratulations !! A great catch cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Nice additions :)

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Thank you! I started to put on TAI, but I'm not finished yet. I do encounter a problem: the pictures of the Tyrannosaurus and Iguanodon keep disappearing and reappearing over and over... is it normal? Is it because their pages are not finished?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 pm

OK! Now, the Ankylosaurus, Iguanodon and Tyrannosaurus are completely put on TAI!!! Only the Pteranodon to go. However, I still don't know how to CREATE A NEW LINK on TAI. Because the Pteranodon link still doen't exist on the Larami page. So, can anyone tell me how to create a new link, please?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 pm

I am glad you managed everything now, Valerie. It is indeed normal that after uploading a picture on TAI it keeps appearing and desappearing. After a little time everything gets normal. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Now, I'm expecting a Larami Brachiosaurus and a Larami Styracosaurus.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Larami BRACHIOSAURUS

Larami STYRACOSAURUS

Finally!!! I received my LARAMI BRACHIOSAURUS and my LARAMI STYRACOSAURUS!!!! YIPPPEEEEEEE!!! Now, I will start the process to put them on TAI. Myself.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu May 18, 2017 8:28 pm

cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 pm

There are still three Larami dinosaurs missing on TAI. Good news: I'm expecting a Larami Parasaurolophus soon via mail!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu May 18, 2017 9:08 pm

The brachiosaurus is very beautiful! Very Happy Not long ago it seemed impossible for you and everyone to get some Larami and it seems your persistence is being rewarded. Wink
I hope you get the parasaurolophus and other two remaining. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Actually, its seems more that I'm the only one here who is WORKING TO GET THEM. Because they are rather numerous on EBay. It's only the Triceratops and the Stégosaurus that I haven't seen on EBay yet.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat May 20, 2017 12:06 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Actually, its seems more that I'm the only one here who is WORKING TO GET THEM. Because they are rather numerous on EBay. It's only the Triceratops and the Stégosaurus that I haven't seen on EBay yet.

I think it is good for you that not many people is wanting to get them. There aren't many references to the Larami stegosaurus and triceratops on other boards too so I assume they are the rarest of them. Good luck. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed May 24, 2017 9:47 pm

And here it is: my LARAMI PARASAUROLOPHUS!!!

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Nice again :)

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed May 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Thank you! But there are still the Stégosaurus and the Triceratops left to find. Only then, the set will be complete on TAI...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu May 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Believe it or not, I just bought the Larami Triceratops on EBay! YEAAAHHH! Now, to receive it via mail. When I receive it, I will put it on TAI and only the Larami Stégosaurus will be missing in the set.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu May 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Believe it or not, I just bought the Larami Triceratops on EBay! YEAAAHHH! Now, to receive it via mail. When I receive it, I will put it on TAI and only the Larami Stégosaurus will be missing in the set.

I am very happy for you Valerie! Very Happy I am also glad that you are building your collection and at the same time updating their respective pages on TAI. That was my dream for this wiki project, to warrant that some brand completists introduced their collections in the respective pages of these companies. I know there are already some doing it but, for example, I think Britains and other popular companies could be already almost complete if we were able of finding collectors working on them. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat May 27, 2017 11:21 pm

I think that in every company and every line, there are pieces that are harder to find than the others. In the Larami Dinosaurs, the Triceratops and the Stegosaurus are the hardest to get. In ROM, it is the stenopterygius and the pteranodon. As for Larami sharks, I still cannot get my hands on the two other tinies aside the Horn Shark, while I already have the Great White in double (anyone interested?). It seems to be like this everywhere.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Mon May 29, 2017 8:49 am

This is almost like an exiting TV-series, - the Stégosaurus being the cliffhanger of the Dino-series ! affraid

And already the whale-series is running bounce Laughing

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I think that in every company and every line, there are pieces that are harder to find than the others. In the Larami Dinosaurs, the Triceratops and the Stegosaurus are the hardest to get. In ROM, it is the stenopterygius and the pteranodon. As for Larami sharks, I still cannot get my hands on the two other tinies aside the Horn Shark, while I already have the Great White in double (anyone interested?). It seems to be like this everywhere.

Which ones in the whale set do you think are the rarest/most common?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 pm

Balaenoptera wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Which ones in the whale set do you think are the rarest/most common?

In the Larami Whales series, it seems that the most common one is the Killer Whale. I have seen it many times in various lots on EBay that included vintage Larami animals. This is surprising when we consider the fact that this piece is not very big. Other common Larami Whales include the Sperm Whale and the Blue Whale. But these two ones are among the biggest of the set, and so, the least easy to "lose" somewhere.

The least common whales of the Larami set seem to be in fact the Pilot Whale and the Narwhal. But these two are among the smallest pièces of the set, and therefor, the easiest to "lose" somewhere. So, that does not surprise me. What surprises me is that the Larami Finwhale is also a scarce piece; I haven't seen it anywhere on EBay. Other hard-to-find pièces are the Bowhead Whale and the Black Right Whale.

As for the Grey Whale, the Beluga, the Northern Bottlenose and the Humpback, they are kind in between. I have seen them in a few lots, on EBay. But only once (beluga) or twice (grey whale) each. They are not the rarest, but they are not very common either.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Finally! My LARAMI TRICERATOPS!!!

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:40 pm

WOW !!!! So now you have them all bounce cheers

Very cute triceratops, - I love especially his tail Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!!! So now you have them all bounce cheers

Very cute triceratops, - I love especially his tail Very Happy

Huh... No, there still is the Stégosaurus missing. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Arrrrh Crying or Very sad

But I am sure you will find it too Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:51 pm

I hope so. The Larami Stégosaurus seems to be very hard to find. Up to now, I have never seen it on EBay...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Congratulations Valérie! Very Happy That triceratops back is quite unusual but it gives a peculiar appearance to the figure. Very Happy I hope you can find the stegosaurus! bounce Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Valérie! Very Happy That triceratops back is quite unusual but it gives a peculiar appearance to the figure. Very Happy I hope you can find the stegosaurus! bounce Very Happy

I hope so too. When I find it, I will take a group picture of all my Larami Dinosaurs set and I will put it on TAI, just like I did for my Larami Whales.
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 am

Congratulations

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I hope so too. When I find it, I will take a group picture of all my Larami Dinosaurs set and I will put it on TAI, just like I did for my Larami Whales.

That's a good idea. Those group pictures are very useful, they give a good overview of these series and they work very well as size comparison among members of the same clan. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:17 pm

One item I would love to find is a copy of the dinosaurs poster that came in each of the Larami Dinosaurs boxes. You see, Larami included a poster of the species included in the whole toy series in question in every box. When I bought my whales, a whales poster with informations was included in each of the three boxes. The same was done for the sharks (I could see it on the back of the boxes in 1997) and for the dinosaurs. I would love to get a copy of the Dinosaurs poster as well as a copy of the Sharks poster.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:46 pm

MY LARAMI DINOSAURS SET IS FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!! Not only I found a model of the Larami Stégosaurus, but I also found a copy of the Dinosaurs poster available in every Larami Dinosaurs box, as well as one of the three backgrounds found in the Larami Dinosaurs boxes.

With the help of the poster, I now know the Larami Dinosaurs were first released in 1987. The 1993 and 1997 releases came in second and third.

Only one catch: to get those treasures, I also have three Larami dinosaurs... in double. Yes, in double. The Diplodocus, the Ankylosaurus and the Iguanodon. Anyone interested?

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:54 am

Great again :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Fantastic, Valérie! You did it! cheers It is always a special feeling when we complete a series. It is also nice that you obtained the poster and background and that you shared with us with all relevant information. I am sure that you'll find someone interested in your Larami extras but maybe it is a better idea that you offer them in our trades section. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Congrats!

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Roger wrote:
Fantastic, Valérie! You did it! cheers It is always a special feeling when we complete a series. It is also nice that you obtained the poster and background and that you shared with us with all relevant information. I am sure that you'll find someone interested in your Larami extras but maybe it is a better idea that you offer them in our trades section. Very Happy

Thank you! I am also glad my set is now complete, even though my dinosaurs are all from different releases. How do I know that? By their color schemes. Each release was made in different color schemes. For example, my Apatosaurus is in the colors of the 1987 release, as well as my Stégosaurus. However, my Diplodocus, Plesiosaur and Brachiosaur are in the colors of 1997. I haven't yet identified my other dinosaurs' years corresponding to their colors for sure.

Not only that, but my doubles are not in the same color schèmes as my "original" dinosaurs: my three doubles are in the color schèmes of 1987. I like both color schèmes, but I always keep, when I have doubles, the first copy I get.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:44 am

Interesting, Valérie! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm wondering... what if we included pictures of different color schèmes in the Larami Dinosaurs TAI page? You know, like smaller pictures underneath each dinosaur main picture?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I'm wondering... what if we included pictures of different color schèmes in the Larami Dinosaurs TAI page? You know, like smaller pictures underneath each dinosaur main picture?

If they are relevant variations, we can put them big with a additional description. I think it may be a good idea then. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:00 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

MY LARAMI DINOSAURS SET IS FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!! Not only I found a model of the Larami Stégosaurus, but I also found a copy of the Dinosaurs poster available in every Larami Dinosaurs box, as well as one of the three backgrounds found in the Larami Dinosaurs boxes.

With the help of the poster, I now know the Larami Dinosaurs were first released in 1987. The 1993 and 1997 releases came in second and third.

Only one catch: to get those treasures, I also have three Larami dinosaurs... in double. Yes, in double. The Diplodocus, the Ankylosaurus and the Iguanodon. Anyone interested?

WOW !!! How absolutely fantastic cheers

How could I have missed it ? Embarassed Sleep

Congratulations to you, and congratulations to us- and to TAI !!! It is so great to have a topic like tihis...I am sure we can not find such information elsewhere cheers

PS : That poster is priceless, - both very informative and obviously extremely rare Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

If they are relevant variations, we can put them big with a additional description. I think it may be a good idea then. Very Happy

What is the exact meaning of "relevant"? confused

Anyway, here is a group picture of my Larami Dinosaurs (without the doubles, of course):
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

They are wonderful Applause

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

What is the exact meaning of "relevant"? confused

Relevant on TAI means information with a certain importance for collecting purposes. Who knows what is really relevant? The collector of the subject mentioned. ... and who is the Larami collector on forum? Laughing Wink
Cooll picture! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 pm

OK. I will take pictures of my doubles.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:34 pm

Here are my dinosaurs "indouble", yet they are different color schèmes: Ankylosaurus, Iguanodon and Diplodocus. Maybe it would be good to put them on TAI, but I don't know how to "present" them there... how do we put, esthetically talking, different variants of color schèmes on TAI pages?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   

Back to top Go down

Larami Dinosaurs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next