Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Larami Dinosaurs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Finally! My LARAMI TRICERATOPS!!!


Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-10-01
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:10 am

WOW !!!! So now you have them all bounce cheers

Very cute triceratops, - I love especially his tail Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!!! So now you have them all bounce cheers

Very cute triceratops, - I love especially his tail Very Happy

Huh... No, there still is the Stégosaurus missing. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-10-01
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:14 am

Arrrrh Crying or Very sad

But I am sure you will find it too Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:21 am

I hope so. The Larami Stégosaurus seems to be very hard to find. Up to now, I have never seen it on EBay...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:23 am

Congratulations Valérie! Very Happy That triceratops back is quite unusual but it gives a peculiar appearance to the figure. Very Happy I hope you can find the stegosaurus! bounce Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:51 am

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Valérie! Very Happy That triceratops back is quite unusual but it gives a peculiar appearance to the figure. Very Happy I hope you can find the stegosaurus! bounce Very Happy

I hope so too. When I find it, I will take a group picture of all my Larami Dinosaurs set and I will put it on TAI, just like I did for my Larami Whales.
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-31
Posts : 26030

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:01 am

Congratulations

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 am

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Congratulations Valérie! Very Happy That triceratops back is quite unusual but it gives a peculiar appearance to the figure. Very Happy I hope you can find the stegosaurus! bounce Very Happy

I hope so too. When I find it, I will take a group picture of all my Larami Dinosaurs set and I will put it on TAI, just like I did for my Larami Whales.

That's a good idea. Those group pictures are very useful, they give a good overview of these series and they work very well as size comparison among members of the same clan. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 am

One item I would love to find is a copy of the dinosaurs poster that came in each of the Larami Dinosaurs boxes. You see, Larami included a poster of the species included in the whole toy series in question in every box. When I bought my whales, a whales poster with informations was included in each of the three boxes. The same was done for the sharks (I could see it on the back of the boxes in 1997) and for the dinosaurs. I would love to get a copy of the Dinosaurs poster as well as a copy of the Sharks poster.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MY LARAMI DINOSAURS SET IS FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!! Not only I found a model of the Larami Stégosaurus, but I also found a copy of the Dinosaurs poster available in every Larami Dinosaurs box, as well as one of the three backgrounds found in the Larami Dinosaurs boxes.

With the help of the poster, I now know the Larami Dinosaurs were first released in 1987. The 1993 and 1997 releases came in second and third.

Only one catch: to get those treasures, I also have three Larami dinosaurs... in double. Yes, in double. The Diplodocus, the Ankylosaurus and the Iguanodon. Anyone interested?


Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced Photobucket by Postimage.)
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-31
Posts : 26030

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:24 am

Great again :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:52 am

Fantastic, Valérie! You did it! cheers It is always a special feeling when we complete a series. It is also nice that you obtained the poster and background and that you shared with us with all relevant information. I am sure that you'll find someone interested in your Larami extras but maybe it is a better idea that you offer them in our trades section. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

avatar

Country/State : Michigan, USA
Age : 33
Joined : 2014-08-24
Posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 am

Congrats!

_________________
Laura
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:47 am

Roger wrote:
Fantastic, Valérie! You did it! cheers It is always a special feeling when we complete a series. It is also nice that you obtained the poster and background and that you shared with us with all relevant information. I am sure that you'll find someone interested in your Larami extras but maybe it is a better idea that you offer them in our trades section. Very Happy

Thank you! I am also glad my set is now complete, even though my dinosaurs are all from different releases. How do I know that? By their color schemes. Each release was made in different color schemes. For example, my Apatosaurus is in the colors of the 1987 release, as well as my Stégosaurus. However, my Diplodocus, Plesiosaur and Brachiosaur are in the colors of 1997. I haven't yet identified my other dinosaurs' years corresponding to their colors for sure.

Not only that, but my doubles are not in the same color schèmes as my "original" dinosaurs: my three doubles are in the color schèmes of 1987. I like both color schèmes, but I always keep, when I have doubles, the first copy I get.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Interesting, Valérie! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:22 am

I'm wondering... what if we included pictures of different color schèmes in the Larami Dinosaurs TAI page? You know, like smaller pictures underneath each dinosaur main picture?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:24 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I'm wondering... what if we included pictures of different color schèmes in the Larami Dinosaurs TAI page? You know, like smaller pictures underneath each dinosaur main picture?

If they are relevant variations, we can put them big with a additional description. I think it may be a good idea then. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-10-01
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MY LARAMI DINOSAURS SET IS FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!! Not only I found a model of the Larami Stégosaurus, but I also found a copy of the Dinosaurs poster available in every Larami Dinosaurs box, as well as one of the three backgrounds found in the Larami Dinosaurs boxes.

With the help of the poster, I now know the Larami Dinosaurs were first released in 1987. The 1993 and 1997 releases came in second and third.

Only one catch: to get those treasures, I also have three Larami dinosaurs... in double. Yes, in double. The Diplodocus, the Ankylosaurus and the Iguanodon. Anyone interested?

WOW !!! How absolutely fantastic cheers

How could I have missed it ? Embarassed Sleep

Congratulations to you, and congratulations to us- and to TAI !!! It is so great to have a topic like tihis...I am sure we can not find such information elsewhere cheers

PS : That poster is priceless, - both very informative and obviously extremely rare Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:13 am

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
I'm wondering... what if we included pictures of different color schèmes in the Larami Dinosaurs TAI page? You know, like smaller pictures underneath each dinosaur main picture?

If they are relevant variations, we can put them big with a additional description. I think it may be a good idea then. Very Happy

What is the exact meaning of "relevant"? confused

Anyway, here is a group picture of my Larami Dinosaurs (without the doubles, of course):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-10-01
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:59 am

They are wonderful Applause

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:40 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
I'm wondering... what if we included pictures of different color schèmes in the Larami Dinosaurs TAI page? You know, like smaller pictures underneath each dinosaur main picture?

If they are relevant variations, we can put them big with a additional description. I think it may be a good idea then. Very Happy

What is the exact meaning of "relevant"? confused


Relevant on TAI means information with a certain importance for collecting purposes. Who knows what is really relevant? The collector of the subject mentioned. ... and who is the Larami collector on forum? Laughing Wink
Cooll picture! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 am

OK. I will take pictures of my doubles.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are my dinosaurs "indouble", yet they are different color schèmes: Ankylosaurus, Iguanodon and Diplodocus. Maybe it would be good to put them on TAI, but I don't know how to "present" them there... how do we put, esthetically talking, different variants of color schèmes on TAI pages?
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-31
Posts : 26030

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Very similar to Invicta

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 am

widukind wrote:
Very similar to Invicta  
Well... not the heads. I saw the head of Invicta Diplodocus and its head is rather different from the Larami one. Which proves that the Larami sculptor probably did have the Invicta model in front of him/her while sculpting the Larami one, but did not use the Invicta molds themselves directly, if you see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Valérie, will you put the variations on TAI? Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:47 am

Roger wrote:
Valérie, will you put the variations on TAI? Very Happy

I would like to. But I don't know how. I would like to do it in the same way you shown the color variants of the Toy Major Apatosaurus on TAI: my grey-blue one as the main figure, and Fernando's Brown-purple-green one in smaller pictures underneath it. But I don't know how to create smaller squares underneath my Larami Dinosaur pictures for the variants I have (and others we may find in other collections). Could you please explain to me how to do it?
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 22
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 2973

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:29 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Valérie, will you put the variations on TAI? Very Happy

I would like to. But I don't know how. I would like to do it in the same way you shown the color variants of the Toy Major Apatosaurus on TAI: my grey-blue one as the main figure, and Fernando's Brown-purple-green one in smaller pictures underneath it. But I don't know how to create smaller squares underneath my Larami Dinosaur pictures for the variants I have (and others we may find in other collections). Could you please explain to me how to do it?

Valérie, when I do not know the Wiki codes for any arrangement I would like to make (such as a gallery you're talking about), I go to a page with the code I would like to use, push the 'Edit' button, and copy the code (without altering/saving the page you're copying from). Than you can paste it in the page where you want it and just replace the old content with the new content Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] x [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:55 am

Tarunyada wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Valérie, will you put the variations on TAI? Very Happy

I would like to. But I don't know how. I would like to do it in the same way you shown the color variants of the Toy Major Apatosaurus on TAI: my grey-blue one as the main figure, and Fernando's Brown-purple-green one in smaller pictures underneath it. But I don't know how to create smaller squares underneath my Larami Dinosaur pictures for the variants I have (and others we may find in other collections). Could you please explain to me how to do it?

Valérie, when I do not know the Wiki codes for any arrangement I would like to make (such as a gallery you're talking about), I go to a page with the code I would like to use, push the 'Edit' button, and copy the code (without altering/saving the page you're copying from). Than you can paste it in the page where you want it and just replace the old content with the new content Wink

Julie is giving a good recomendation and you can follow it. The Toy Major apatosaurus is presented in a way that is not standard on TAI but I agree it works well. You can introduce the pictures normally and replace their size codes at the end from 600px to 300px. So, they will have half of the width of the main picture. Two of them, the same format, will complete the 600px. Just be sure you don't introduce a line break between the pair to warrant that they show side by side. Any doubt just pm me. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-02-01
Posts : 1417

PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 am

Thank you! I will start doing it next Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Larami Dinosaurs   

Back to top Go down
 
Larami Dinosaurs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Larami Dinosaurs
» S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)
» Some STARLUX dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts
» Mojo Fun Dinosaurs XXL
» When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: