Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 Papo Arctic Wolf

Go down 
+9
JamesPanda
LukaLeon085
A-J
Kikimalou
donny ong
Roger
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
WhiteLightning Wolf
13 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf Empty
PostSubject: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Look what came in the mail today!!!!! Been waiting for this one for a long time.
I'll be touching up on the eyes and the toenails of this model since they were done a little messy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Gorgeous model and big congrats! Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:15 pm

OHHHHH ! WOW !!!! bounce cheers

What a beautyful, wonderful model !!!! Thankyou very much for the great walkaround sunny Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Surprised, very surprised! Shocked
Wonderful wolfine face, convincing mane and a good level of realism. I love it! I thought it was more similar to Schleich Arctic wolf but fortunately you're showing both in comparison.
I'll use one of your pictures in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
One standard sized Arctic wolf is enough for me and I have the Safari that I love very much but it is being hard to keep with my silly collecting rules these days. Laughing

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Congrats and thanks for the photos!
Does it have dew claws?

Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Gorgeous model and big congrats! Applause

Thank you! I love her so much. Very beautiful model with excellent fur details!

SUSANNE wrote:
OHHHHH ! WOW !!!!  bounce cheers

What a beautyful, wonderful model !!!! Thankyou very much for the great walkaround sunny Very Happy

You're welcome! It's definitely a very beautiful model!

Roger wrote:
Wonderful wolfine face, convincing mane and a good level of realism. I love it! I thought it was more similar to Schleich Arctic wolf but fortunately you're showing both in comparison.
I'll use one of your pictures in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
One standard sized Arctic wolf is enough for me and I have the Safari that I love very much but it is being hard to keep with my silly collecting rules these days. Laughing

Awesome topic! The moment I first saw this wolf, I knew it was better than what Schleich had released the year before. As much as I like the Schleich model, the way they did the fur just really bothers me. This Papo wolf though is definitely one of my favorites now. I love the level of detail in the fur and the wolf's expression. I absolutely adore the fact that they managed to capture all the facial muscles/structures of the skull in this sculpt. Those important details always seemed to be missed or very poorly defined in alot of other replicas.

It is a very fine replica though. I think she would fit in with your Safari LTD wolf! Laughing

donny ong wrote:
Does it have dew claws?

Thank you! Yes, this one has dew claws unlike their howling wolf model.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Excellent wolf, Papo is striking back at last. Applause

I must find a place near my Safari Ltd one, even if I'm tryng to follow (a little bit Wink ) Roger's rules...

Thank you for the walkaround Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:30 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:

donny ong wrote:
Does it have dew claws?

Thank you! Yes, this one has dew claws unlike their howling wolf model.

Thanks. Then I consider it as perfect.

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 am

Oh, what a lovely critter! I like the back/neck line better then the schleich one.
And he (or she?) sure looks like a happy wolf Very Happy
Thanks for the walk around!

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:11 am

OOh wonderfull !

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 4:06 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Roger wrote:

Awesome topic! The moment I first saw this wolf, I knew it was better than what Schleich had released the year before. As much as I like the Schleich model, the way they did the fur just really bothers me. This Papo wolf though is definitely one of my favorites now. I love the level of detail in the fur and the wolf's expression. I absolutely adore the fact that they managed to capture all the facial muscles/structures of the skull in this sculpt. Those important details always seemed to be missed or very poorly defined in alot of other replicas.

It is a very fine replica though. I think she would fit in with your Safari LTD wolf! Laughing

Oh, surely I agree, revisiting this great walk around I can see they way they worked the fur differently in different parts of the body, I also like the greyish color of the back, really good! Very Happy
I am really eager to see the new Arctic fox too! bounce bounce

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 am

Fantastic figure !! and thanks for the pics especially the comparison pics with the Schleich !! cheers . Was waiting for this beauty and the Polar Fox too !! both these will be my first Papo 2016 figures sunny The model is as good as the catalog pics !! Congrats on your new arrivals Applause

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 11:51 pm

This is beautiful! Papo now consider known as the best in making good big cat, bear and wolves.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:15 am

Nice wolf :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:02 pm

Papo did a great job on this wolf.
The fur coat, posture, head, the overall paint job....everything looks perfect.
I have a feeling that this particular wolf will be added to a lot of collections this year. Applause

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 pm

THAT Wolf looks very creepy
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Excellent wolf, Papo is striking back at last. Applause

I must find a place near my Safari Ltd one, even if I'm tryng to follow (a little bit  Wink ) Roger's rules...

Thank you for the walkaround Very Happy
Lol! The shelf with my wolves is getting quite tight and crowded and I've been thinking of following Roger's rules...but...So many beautiful models to collect!

Papo seems to be taking a serious interest in producing accurately detailed models...and also some the best out of the major companies.

A-J wrote:
Oh, what a lovely critter! I like the back/neck line better then the schleich one.
And he (or she?) sure looks like a happy wolf Very Happy
Thanks for the walk around!

You're welcome! I love all the details on this wolf. (It's a very lovely she-wolf  Very Happy )

LukaLeon085 wrote:
OOh wonderfull !

Isn't it? I LOVE this one. Papo did a great job!

JamesPanda wrote:
Fantastic figure !! and thanks for the pics especially the comparison pics with the Schleich !! cheers . Was waiting for this beauty and the Polar Fox too !! both these will be my first Papo 2016 figures sunny  The model is as good as the catalog pics !! Congrats on your new arrivals Applause

Fantastic figure indeed! I am still waiting for the arctic fox and cougar to arrive in the mail yet, very excited to see them both in person. Papo has so many wonderful additions this year!

ken yeo wrote:
This is beautiful! Papo now consider known as the best in making good big cat, bear and wolves.

Their big cats are the absolute best! No other company beats them there. Their wolves ad bears are also my favorites, mainly because they are so accurate and detailed.

widukind wrote:
Nice wolf :)
:) Love this little wolfy!

Bloodrayne wrote:
Papo did a great job on this wolf.
The fur coat, posture, head, the overall paint job....everything looks perfect.
I have a feeling that this particular wolf will be added to a lot of collections this year.  Applause

The front paws could use a little work, but this model is without a doubt, a very beautiful one. I think it maybe my favorite out of my collection...even over my Kaiyodo Japanese Wolf! I'm also quite sure this one will be added to many collections!

MARTINLATIN wrote:
THAT Wolf looks very creepy
Maybe the lighting? The eyes aren't dark at all in person to be honest. I will have to take better photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf   papo - 2016 Papo Arctic Wolf Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 Papo Arctic Wolf
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: