Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ghostme9

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 4:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 5:50 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:21 am

Wonderful walkaround cheers

ghostme9

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 8:27 am

I was honestly 'umming' and 'arhhing' about buying this one. Especially at the cost of £8. Its not a patch in terms of quality of the original sperm whales (which I adore). I find it less detailed and a little boring.... (would've been great with a squid in its mouth). The mouth is less flimsy than I was expecting however. My justification was that I'm treating it as a female sperm whale (they are smaller than the males in real life) so the family is complete! cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:09 am

I suspect this figure follows the same new concept of the blue whale, smaller size and softer (less dense) material. That was a decision that they needed to take to put these whales in a more affordable price range.
I understand, the "Portuguese"? sperm whale is a monumental figure that contributed a lot to the prestige of the company but much probably a pain in terms of sales. I understand Schleich decision but the big old lady remains has their landmark! Very Happy Thanks for providing so many nice photos of several angles, close-ups and comparison! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:32 am

Thank's for your excellent topic Very Happy

Indeed you have now a nice family but if you could buy the Safari ltd one you will have the four Dalton brothers Laughing
Back to top Go down
ghostme9

ghostme9

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:53 am

Roger - yes it does - same softer material - yet I was surprised at the rigidity of the jaw. I truly love the big old lady aka baseball bat ! :-)

Very true Christophe - I don't think they would be as dangerous though....

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:46 am

I guess they are clever Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)   whale - Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Sperm Whale - 14764 (Mouth Open)
Page 1 of 1