Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.

Go down 
+3
NightLioness
Roger
Kikimalou
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:21 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
I have no idea what kinds of sea stars these are since I'm no expert when it comes to aquatic life, but here's what I have from my childhood collection. I wrote down the brands of each too. I'm also not entirely sure what a sea cucumber is lol but I THINK the one I have with the sea stars pictured here is indeed a sea cucumber. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What what what is Bcla??? These sea stars looks beautieful but i never heard of this brand before!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 7:33 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
I have no idea what kinds of sea stars these are since I'm no expert when it comes to aquatic life, but here's what I have from my childhood collection. I wrote down the brands of each too. I'm also not entirely sure what a sea cucumber is lol but I THINK the one I have with the sea stars pictured here is indeed a sea cucumber. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
[img]

Fantastic, this is exactly the purpose of these topics.
I think there aren't echinodermata experts here but we all together can find good identification to them.
Valerie already identified your Safari sea star as a Common starfish, Asterias rubens, probably, the small Wild Republic Itsy Bitsy is the same species, the other figure from the same collection is indeed a sea cucumber, which species is hard to determine but surely a common one and the first we know.
You are also introducing a new brand, unless I don't know it and Andreas neither. Bela, something very interesting to hunt and their sea stars seem to be identifiable, I still don't know which species but they seem familiar. If you know more about Bela, let us know. Are figures marked with brand and year, if not how have you found it?
The K&M blue star is among those we know but we were not yet able of identifying. Thanks for your picture! Like a Star @ heaven

widukind

PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 6:11 pm

I think that are the starfishes that are not listed (but also unmarked), and i dont have specie names.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 11:29 am

So I recently got these seastars in a lot with figurines. They're all marked 'China' and are numbered. I don't have them right here, so I can't check the numbers, sorry D:

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 pm

I found these on AliExpress (here):

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks Julie for sharing both pics of sea stars, I really have to update this topic. Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Julie for sharing both pics of sea stars, I really have to update this topic. Very Happy  Like a Star @ heaven

You're very welcome! Sorry I can't help you with any names. I always call all seastars Patrick Laughing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Here is a new figurine from a Schleich set (with diver, shell, wobbegong)- but i dont know the specie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.   List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

List of Echinodermata species: Sea stars, sea urchins, sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2