Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Felidae

Go down 
+2
Bowhead Whale
Tarunyada
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

tiger - AAA Felidae Empty
PostSubject: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AAA Felidae

When editing the AAA section on TAi, it's really helpful to see what figurines all STS members have of one species. In this way we can determine different names. This can be really difficult, because some figurines look very much alike or whenever AAA produced a lot of different figurines of the same species.

Topics about elephants and orangutans already popped up in the STS AAA section, but this topic is dedicated to felidae. Let's start with your tigers.

Wikipedia wrote:
Felidae is the family of cats. A member of this family is also called a felid. Living cats belong to the subfamilies Pantherinae (comprising the tiger, lion, jaguar, leopard, snow leopard, clouded leopard and Sunda clouded leopard) and Felinae (including all the non-pantherine cats).

Tigers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AAA Tiger White Standing

AAA Tiger White Lying

AAA Tiger White Jumping

AAA Tiger Roaring

AAA Tiger Sitting

AAA Tiger Cub White Standing

AAA Tiger Cub Standing

AAA Tiger Cub White Sitting

AAA Tiger Cub Sitting

AAA Tiger Cub Jumping

AAA Tiger Cub Scratching

Please share your AAA tiger figurines and thoughts about naming. All names beneath the above pictured AAA figurines are suggestions for future TAi names. If you think any figurine should be renamed, please tell me. We agreed that, for 'orange' tigers are the most common tigers, 'orange' will be left in the TAi name. White tigers however will gain 'white' in their name. Size indication is very hard, for we do not know what AAA's regular sizing is.

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 2:44 pm

It seems AAA used the same molds for both the tiger cubs and the lion cubs...
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
It seems AAA used the same molds for both the tiger cubs and the lion cubs...

Indeed, AAA seems to have done this a lot Wink Also with adult figurines.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:51 pm

They are wonderful ! Thankyou very much , Julie.

Yes, and they used the same mould for the panther cubs and snow leopards too Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Great :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 6:53 pm

I thought I might pick this up a little bit, for I still see lots of people around acquiring AAA figurines. I found some different AAA tigers (than the ones I own myself) on TAi and here on STS in the AAA section, so I'll be showing them here (especially for my own overview, because I lost it a little bit Laughing ).

Tigers

AAA Tiger Lying
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AAA Tiger Walking
@Thitanium Prince

AAA Tiger Stalking
@TAi

AAA Tiger Cub Orange Lying
@Dr.Narayanan

AAA Tiger Sitting Extra Large

AAA Tiger With Cubs

AAA Tiger Slashing

AAA Tiger White Slashing

AAA Tiger Cub (Orange) Meowing (the one in the front row)

AAA Tiger White Stalking

AAA Tiger Cub White Jumping | AAA Tiger Cub White Standing | AAA Tiger Cub White Meowing | AAA Tiger Cub White Lying

AAA Tiger Jumping (left behind) | AAA Tiger Lying (front row)

AAA Tiger White Sitting, hissing

And lastly, some AAA/Bullyland tigers I found on Torben's site:

71010 Tiger I wrote:
Diese Serie wurde in den 90er Jahren von Fa. Bullyland im eigenen Sortiment mit eigenen Artikelnummern verkauft, jedoch nicht selber produziert. Hersteller dieser Figuren ist Fa. AAA, China.

And:

71011 Tiger II wrote:
Diese Serie wurde in den 90er Jahren von Fa. Bullyland im eigenen Sortiment mit eigenen Artikelnummern verkauft, jedoch nicht selber produziert. Hersteller dieser Figuren ist Fa. AAA, China.

Now I'm done with tigers Sleep

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 7:02 pm

It's extremely confusing for there are some AAA figurines which are extremely large, larger than the labeled 'large' figurines. So I don't know how to call them anymore, 'Small', 'Large', Extra Large'? And which size is the normal size? With normal sized figurines we can leave the size label, because shorter names are clearer.

As you can see, there are lots of the same molds which are used for both orange and white tigers. I try to give them the same names, besides from calling the white ones 'White'. Should I call the orange tigers 'Orange' or should I leave it, for the name is shorter?

AAA drives me crazy Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Great topic cheers

Tarunyada wrote:

I know Suspect

Sometimes I give AAA a try on TAI, and it is SO comfusing !!!

About the colours of tigers, I think you only need to mention the colour if it is a white tiger.
That is what is done on TAI with other brands, - and it is fair, because the white ones are enormously rare in the wild cat

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 7:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Great topic  cheers

Tarunyada wrote:

I know Suspect

Sometimes I give AAA a try on TAI, and it is SO comfusing !!!

About the colours of tigers, I think you only need to mention the colour if it is a white tiger.
That is what is done on TAI with other brands, - and it is fair, because  the white ones are enormously rare in the wild cat

Thanks for your opinion, Susanne. In the future I'll leave 'Orange' out when naming the AAA tigers Wink

I'm no feline-expert, but I thought white tigers can't even survive in the wild - or am I wrong? Suspect

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 8:31 pm

I agree with Susanne and you Julie, AAA section is a nightmare. I also agree that the orange designation is not needed as well as standard sized figures don't need the word medium even if we don't know which ones are standard sized. Laughing When different colors do not intend to represent diferent animals, I mean, a white tiger and a regular orange tiger, even when they use the same mold, they are different animals being represented. Though, when a grey beaver is represented in brown color, it only may represent a different coloring from the brand under which it is being sold. So, both variations should be represented at the same figure page. As well when we see the same tiger in regular color but one is darker or have thicker or narrower strips, it is basically a variation of the same figure. study

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:56 am

That are a lot!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:34 am

Thank you for your insight, Roger! I'll try and add some of the above tigers on AAA this weekend. If anyone has any other tigers in his/her collection, I'd be glad to see them! Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Julie, after all this time, I used your pictures at Toy Animal Wiki and believe this topic is a great contribution regarding tigers.
The naming of the figures needed some work. It is basically, the name of the animal, white or nothing when orange, iger for genderless, tigress for females and tiger cub for youngsters; the pose, I try to use a single word and I also keep the exact same pose name for other species using the same mould.;after it in brackets, I put a denomination regarding the size - nothing when standard, large for larger figures and jumbo for extra-large figures. I am not good with poses and often I can't be sure of which size level to put the figure. Any help is appreciated.

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: AAA Other Tiger Info   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 4:07 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, today I saw some listings on ebay that mentioned AAA Bengal Tigers. These listings might be useful, especially since we don't have a section labeled "AAA Bengal Tigers" yet. Also, I've seen a AAA tiger which is 19 inches long. Also, they made a lion which is 18 inches. That one I saw on ebay, and that's on my searchlist now. Also, keep up the work on the AAA section. We need all the help we can get. Also, (I wish I could actually do this), if some of us could actually go to Hong Kong, then we could take really good notes. Oh man, I wish I could do that! Anyway, I'm hoping to order some AAA figures tomorrow, so we'll see what that yields.

Aschuck

P.S. AAA also made a cheetah which is 13 inches. The number is 96560, and I hope I can get this one.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 12:05 am

aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, today I saw some listings on ebay that mentioned AAA Bengal Tigers.  These listings might be useful, especially since we don't have a section labeled "AAA Bengal Tigers" yet.  Also, I've seen a AAA tiger which is 19 inches long.  Also, they made a lion which is 18 inches.  That one I saw on ebay, and that's on my searchlist now.  Also, keep up the work on the AAA section.  We need all the help we can get.  Also, (I wish I could actually do this), if some of us could actually go to Hong Kong, then we could take really good notes. Oh man, I wish I could do that!  Anyway, I'm hoping to order some AAA figures tomorrow, so we'll see what that yields.  

Aschuck

P.S. AAA also made a cheetah which is 13 inches. The number is 96560, and I hope I can get this one.

Anna, we have these large lion and tiger listed as Jumbo in their own pages. We still miss pictures of them. Also, there isn't a page for Bengal Tigers because they are grouped on AAA Tigers and AAA White Tigers pages.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Felidae   tiger - AAA Felidae Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Felidae
Page 1 of 1