Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Deep-Sea Fishes

Go down 
+2
Roger
Bowhead Whale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

AAA Deep-Sea Fishes Empty
PostSubject: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 09 Apr 2016, 20:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have decided to open a topic about AAA deep-sea fishes because I noticed many of them were missing on TAI. From top to bottom: AAA LANTERN FISH, AAA ANGLER FISH AND AAA DANGLE FISH.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 09 Apr 2016, 21:26

Those are among the most interesting AAA figures in my opinion. I created a different page to them once they belong to a series of 9 figures called Bottom Feeders. I'll add them on TAi when possible. Thanks once more! Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 09 Apr 2016, 21:28

Yes, it's true. I also have the Bat Fish, but I didn't photograph it, since it was already on TAI.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 09 Apr 2016, 22:50

Thanks for sharing, Valérie! cheers They sure are very interesting; I'm not sure I've seen them before.. scratch

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 09 Apr 2016, 22:52

Tarunyada wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Valérie! cheers They sure are very interesting; I'm not sure I've seen them before.. scratch

I found mine on Ebay..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 02:37

H&H Winners Circle is still selling these fish mint new. Very Happy
Not wanting to be abusive, do you know their exact species? If you already know, I avoid to spend hours to find it. Sleep Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 02:43

Didn't I mention them in the end of my post?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 18:07

They are AWESOME cheers I love you

ARRRGH ! I will have to go tu USA with an empty suitcase and carre a load of models back, - it may save me so much in shipping that it pays the air ticket Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 18:13

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yes, you did and I've red it, though, those are generic names. I was asking about their exact species. Though, don't worry too much about it. There are so few figures of that kind that they will go to a "basal" taxa page.

SUSANNE wrote:

ARRRGH ! I will have to go tu USA with an empty suitcase and carre a load of models back, - it may save me so much in shipping that it pays the air ticket Laughing Laughing

lol! That's true! Wink You'd love for sure these ones, they are so bizarre creatures that it is almost impossible to believe that they exist in real. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 18:47

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yes, you did and I've red it, though, those are generic names. I was asking about their exact species. Though, don't worry too much about it. There are so few figures of that kind that they will go to a "basal" taxa page.

SUSANNE wrote:

ARRRGH ! I will have to go tu USA with an empty suitcase and carre a load of models back, - it may  save me so much in shipping that it pays the air ticket Laughing Laughing

lol! That's true! Wink You'd love for sure these ones, they are so bizarre creatures that it is almost impossible to believe that they exist in real. :)

I see. No problem, I will search for the exact species. I will do it this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 19:01

Interesting fishes

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 21:26

The first fish shown in my pics is an OPISTHOPROCTUS SOLEATUS, a Barreleye Fish. Recently, it has been discovered that a transparent water bubble actually covers the slope-shaped head of the animal.

The second fish, the Anglerfish, seems to be a BUFOCERATIAS WEDLI, considering its large pectoral flippers (all the other angler fishes I have seens have flippers too small to be what AAA represented) and its nodule-covered skin.

However, I didn't find the species of the Dangle Fish yet. I will continue searching.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 22:13

Bowhead Whale wrote:
The first fish shown in my pics is an OPISTHOPROCTUS SOLEATUS, a Barreleye Fish. Recently, it has been discovered that a transparent water bubble actually covers the slope-shaped head of the animal.

The second fish, the Anglerfish, seems to be a BUFOCERATIAS WEDLI, considering its large pectoral flippers (all the other angler fishes I have seens have flippers too small to be what AAA represented) and its nodule-covered skin.

However, I didn't find the species of the Dangle Fish yet. I will continue searching.

Thanks Valerie, hte last seems to be a thaumatichthys axeli Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySun 10 Apr 2016, 23:53

There's another source, if you are willing to purchase from Aliexpress:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a whole set of 9, including a weird jellyfish!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptyMon 11 Apr 2016, 00:51

sbell wrote:

Here is the TAi page, there are 9 listed but not the jellyfish, I added species names according with Valerie and also some posts from Andre on ATF. Isn't it weird that a jellyfish looks weird among so many weird creatures? Laughing

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016, 20:41

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

Here is the TAi page, there are 9 listed but not the jellyfish, I added species names according with Valerie and also some posts from Andre on ATF. Isn't it weird that a jellyfish looks weird among so many weird creatures? Laughing

Tank you! cheers

By the way, couldn't the Safari Toob Anglerfish be a HUMPBACK ANGLERFISH? Look at the toy: it's dark brown in color, its back is roundish, its skin is soft and its flippers are attached high, close to the back... couldn't it be it?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 01:11

Bowhead Whale wrote:

By the way, couldn't the Safari Toob Anglerfish be a HUMPBACK ANGLERFISH? Look at the toy: it's dark brown in color, its back is roundish, its skin is soft and its flippers are attached high, close to the back... couldn't it be it?

Why not? I moved it to the humpback anglerfish page then, if any other editor have a better approach, it can always be changed.
The other larger Safari will be hard to identify, Andre says it may be from Oneirodes genus but he is not sure. scratch

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 22:47

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Why not? I moved it to the humpback anglerfish page then, if any other editor have a better approach, it can always be changed.
The other larger Safari will be hard to identify, Andre says it may be from Oneirodes genus but he is not sure. scratch

Could it be an ONEIRODES THOMSONI?
Here is a link where we see it:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 16 Apr 2016, 00:34

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Maybe, is there any particular feature that makes you favor that species toward others? Very Happy
Maybe I'll open a page to dreamers (family Oneirodidae) and I put it there. These fish are quite illusive and not easy to identify, very few pictures and escriptions on the internet and some have a remarkable sexual dimorpism. scratch

sbell

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 16 Apr 2016, 02:12

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Maybe, is there any particular feature that makes you favor that species toward others? Very Happy
Maybe I'll open a page to dreamers (family Oneirodidae) and I put it there. These fish are quite illusive and not easy to identify, very few pictures and escriptions on the internet and some have a remarkable sexual dimorpism. scratch

Given the long dorsal fin, I would lean (from the picture) toward O. bulbosus. But then, the figure doesn't have an anal fin at all, so it's probably not very easily defined!

And as for dimorphism--we can be reasonably certain that the figure is a female, if, like many anglers, these one have obligatory parasitic males.

On the other hand, I've always thought that the overall shape and lure-morhpology was more likely Melanocetus, the sea devils.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes EmptySat 16 Apr 2016, 18:48

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

I know they are not easy to identify. Look at my AAA Anglerfish, for example. I identified it as a Bufoceratias wedli, because of its nodule-covered skin and its large pectoral fns. But I wonder if it is not a Bufoceratias shaoi, instead, because of its lure full of "threads". However, the pectoral fins of Bufoceratias shaoi are way smaller than those of B. wedli. And B. wedli's lure does have two or three "threads", but not as many as B. shaoi. So? Is it really B. wedli AAA represented, lie I thought at first, or is it B. shaoi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Deep-Sea Fishes   AAA Deep-Sea Fishes Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Deep-Sea Fishes
Page 1 of 1