Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.

Go down 
+6
pipsxlch
Bowhead Whale
Taos
SUSANNE
widukind
Roger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 8:50 am

pipsxlch wrote:
..... at $3 apiece I didn't get them... is that reasonable?...

That was a true bargain by my standards Shocked

You Americans are so spoiled with prices Laughing Wink

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 1:53 am

Laughing For me it was a bit pricey, and more than I had to spend at that moment... I hope to return to that flea market soon and will check back with that vendor. (they've been there quite awhile)

He had a cute older looking AAA orangutan also, hiding a banana behind his back.

As I remember, the adult tortoise looked just like your photo, but was marked 'Made in China D.M. 1990'
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 4:24 pm

WOW ! That souds like a wonderful Orangutan. I have necver see one Very Happy

If tyou see an AAA Siamussy, please, please think of me bounce cat Wink

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 1:48 am

I will be sure to double check for an AAA Siamussy, though I don't remember noticing any cats at all besides wild big ones. We have Siamese in my family, so I do watch for them.

I will check on that orangutan also. Wink
Back to top Go down
kyoryu

kyoryu

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Here are some that I used to own.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Nice figurines :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 3:46 pm

The “notched turtle” is more likely the (mainland Southeast Asian) black-breasted leaf turtle, Geoemyda spengleri, not the Ryukyu black-breasted leaf turtle, Geoemyda japonica. It was probably assigned to that species because the page already existed. It is more likely a mainland species.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 3:55 pm

There are a few more tortoises and water turtles:
There is another “notched turtle” that is actually a keeled box turtle:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Not to be confused with the figure actually marked as “keeled box turtle”; that is a Russian tortoise and almost the same mold as the basic tortoise figure.

Jumbo Tortoise: this is probably the “Desert Tortoise” in the list of AAA Turtles on ToyAnimal.info.

Blanding(‘s) Turtle:

I do not own the photos: photos are from Veghead.com’s eBay store and used with permission.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 4:46 pm

These turtles are wonderful, AAA have made some beautiful models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Please put the photos on ToyAnimal.info
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 9:48 pm

The Blanding's Turtle is now on Toy Animal Wiki. I will put the Jumbo Tortoise there when I'm 100% sure it is the Desert Tortoise (still not so familiar with chelonians, so, I need to make more reaearch).
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 10:21 pm

All turtles and tortoises now on TAW.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 10:26 pm

The other “Notched Turtles” are most likely cast from the more common mainland Southeast Asian species simply called “black-breasted leaf turtle” than the comparatively much more obscure and hard-to-source Ryukyu leaf turtle.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:24 pm

Birdsage wrote:
The other “Notched Turtles” are most likely cast from the more common mainland Southeast Asian species simply called “black-breasted leaf turtle” than the comparatively much more obscure and hard-to-source Ryukyu leaf turtle.

And what should I do about that? question
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 12:20 am

I think they may need to be changed from “Ryukyu black-breasted leaf turtle” to “black-breasted leaf turtle”, but more research may need to be done.
Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 1:55 am

Any ideas of this tortoise?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 2:08 am

I have seen the Radiated Tortoise! It looks like we have forgotten to put that on the wiki.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Another nice catch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 9:39 pm

NMR_Okapi wrote:
Any ideas of this tortoise?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are these pictures yours? If so, are they supposed to be used on TAW. We still miss the radiated tortoise. Wink

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 pm

Whenever they are ready to be put on TAW, I will do it. But if we need to make new species pages, well, I will leave that to Roger, because I fear to make everything explode if I try to do it.
Back to top Go down
NMR_Okapi

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:41 pm

Hey Roger!! Those are my pictures and you can definitely put on TAW. Any photo is place on here is done by me and you have my permission to use any of my photos for TAW
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 12:55 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Whenever they are ready to  be put on TAW, I will do it. But if we need to make new species pages, well, I will leave that to Roger, because I fear to make everything explode if I try to do it.

Hahah! It is because you tried first with a giant grenadier and you should start with a balloonfish instead. bom Laughing

NMR_Okapi wrote:
Hey Roger!! Those are my pictures and you can definitely put on TAW. Any photo is place on here is done by me and you have my permission to use any of my photos for TAW

Thanks, I will let the work to @Bowhead Whale since the radiated tortoise page already exist.
I added you to a usergroup called TAW on forum to not forget that you allow the use of your pictures. cheers

PostSubject: Re: AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.   AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA turtles, terrapins and tortoises.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2