Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dor Mei animals

Go down 
+5
Babdo
Bowhead Whale
SUSANNE
widukind
Roger
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anyone here knows about Dor Mei? It's a toy manyfacturer that is mostly known for its 1980's Godzilla and Gigan figures (I own both of their Gigan figures). I know they also made animals. Here is my Dor Mei tortoise, released in 1990. Funny fact: do you know who also owns a copy of this tortoise? Widukind! He got his from a trade with me. Laughing I had it in double, so I traded one. Today, Widukind and I each own a copy of the 1990 Dor Mei Tortoise.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 12:51 am

Here a Dor Mei triceratops being sold, not cheap actually.
Someone also on forum asked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about Dor Mei but, only Andreas seem to know it. Very Happy
Nice to know that they didn't released exclusively dinosaurs and fantasy. :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:15 am

Nice turtle :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:14 am

What a lovely old turtle drunken

BW, there seems to be no end to the rare and interesting models of your collection, - we are very lucky that you share with  The Forum cheers

And Roger, there seems to be no end to your patience, when it comes to research and helping others Applause

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:15 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice turtle :)

You own one just like it! bounce
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:16 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a lovely old turtle drunken

BW, there seems to be no end to the rare and interesting models of your collection, - we are very lucky that you share with  The Forum cheers

And Roger, there seems to be no end to your patience, when it comes to research and helping others Applause

Thank you! What I do is, I often visit the TAI and when I see that there is a piece missing that I actually have, I photograph it and post it here. Smile Today, I saw that I have five more models that are missing on TAI: a Made in China Allosaurus, a Made in China Camarasaurus (from the same line as Allosaurus), a Chap Mei Amargasaurus, a small orange Schleich Apatosaurus and a Safari ltd Incredible Creatures Alligator Snapping Turtle. I will photograph them and post them here as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:44 pm

Is Dor Mei on TAI?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyTue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi!
Today, I received one of the Dor Mei 1986 dinosaurs I ordered through Ebay. Soon, I shall receive the Dor Mei 1986 Tyrannosaurus Rex, the Dor Mei 1986 Styracosaurus and the Dor Mei 1986 Spinosaurus. With the 1990 Tortoise, I think we will have quite a little gathering of Dor Mei animals here.

I already put my Dor Mei 1986 Stegosaurus (the one you see on the photograph) on Toy Animal Wiki, in the Taxonomy section. However, I just seem to not know how to create a Dor Mei Company page. I fear I will only multiply goofs. Can someone please create a Dor Mei Company page on TAW, please? It will be very helpful. When it is created and when I receive my other Dor Mei Dinosaurs, I will be able to put them on the company page myself. But for now, creating a company page is out of reach for me. I will only goof.

Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyTue May 18, 2021 9:56 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:11 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers

Thank you for your enthusiasm, but I still need help to build a Company page for Dor Mei; I fear so much of making several unrepairable mistakes...

Dor Mei is a not so-well known company, but I found out something odd: Below the name "Dor Mei", on my Stegosaurus' belly, we can read, in smaller letters, "UKRD". Isn't that odd? Was Dor Mei an independant company of the past that once worked with UKRD or are UKRD and Dor Mei the very same company? Isn't that mysterious?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyTue May 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Valérie, I opened a kind of draft page for Dor Mei:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Feel free to change or enrich it.
How do you know the product numbers of them. Are they marked with it?
i mean, do you know the product number of your turtle too?
If you can't find the product numbers of them all, you can just list with the animal name and the year in parenthesis.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed May 19, 2021 3:20 am

Hello,
I have a moveable Dino TRex/Godzilla? marked on its feets with both company names - DorMei and U.K.R.D.
I have also a crocodile marked only with U.K.R.D.

Last edited by Babdo on Wed May 19, 2021 12:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed May 19, 2021 11:37 am

I think that's one of the reasons why we haven't opened a page for Dor Mei on TAW.
It is interesting to read the Dino Collector page. study

That's another mistery for me, if those crocodiles are not prehistoric, why is U.K.R.D. so obsessed about crocs?

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed May 19, 2021 9:58 pm

Roger wrote:
I think that's one of the reasons why we haven't opened a page for Dor Mei on TAW.

That's another mistery for me, if those crocodiles are not prehistoric, why is U.K.R.D. so obsessed about crocs?

It seems that the last figures marked with "Dor Mei", also marked UKRD or not, were realsed in 1990. My Dor Mei Tortoise is marked Dor Mei and 1990. After that, it seems that the name Dor Mei definitely vanished.

Oh! And here is my new 1986 Dor Mei Tyrannosaurus Rex:

It is already on TAW, both in the Company page and the Taxonomy page.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed May 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Babdo wrote:
Hello,
I have a moveable Dino TRex/Godzilla? marked on its feets with both company names - DorMei and U.K.R.D.
I have also a crocodile marked only with U.K.R.D.

I wonder if we could open a "Godzilla" page in the "mythological Creatures" link on TAW. Soma released a Godzilla figure in its 1986 Glow-in-the-dark Dinosaurs line and I find it exagerated to call it "Tyrannosaurus", because of the obvious differences between the two creatures. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed May 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Roger wrote:

That is because it is a REPTILE. Did you see my 1990 Dor Mei Russian Tortoise?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyWed May 19, 2021 10:57 pm

I've seen your tortoise now and I am glad you're managing it perfectly.
About Godzilla no please. We have a lot to do, if we start adding fictional characters, it will be a mess. However, Godzilla has a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and we have a section dedicated to non animal figures.

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyThu May 20, 2021 9:41 pm

Roger wrote:
About Godzilla no please. We have a lot to do, if we start adding fictional characters, it will be a mess. However, Godzilla has a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and we have a section dedicated to non animal figures.

So, the Godzilla figure in the Soma glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs line will remain as a T-Rex in TAW?

So, even not a "Monsters" area on TAW? That is a little sad... because that Dor Mei Godzilla figure really rocks!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyThu May 20, 2021 10:29 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

So, the Godzilla figure in the Soma glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs line will remain as a T-Rex in TAW?

So, even not a "Monsters" area on TAW? That is a little sad... because that Dor Mei Godzilla figure really rocks!

Soma figure is a Tyrannosaurus inspired in Godzilla. At least it was what you said.
Godzilla and King Kong needed their own wikis if they do not have it already.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyFri May 21, 2021 6:02 am

Hello,
I have found a T-Rex figur marked only by the name "TYRANUSSAURUS". Now Godzilla has a friend.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyFri May 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Soma figure is a Tyrannosaurus inspired in Godzilla. At least it was what you said.
Godzilla and King Kong needed their own wikis if they do not have it already.

That is what I thought indeed. Because many toy companies back then made dinosaur toys without knowing very much about dinosaurs themselves. So, I think that when they saw Godzilla, they thought it was inpired by a REAL dinosaur...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptyFri May 21, 2021 9:37 pm

Anyway, here is my new Dor Mei SPINOSAURUS. It is already on TAW. Now, I am still waiting for my Dor Mei Styracosaurus to come via mail.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptySat May 22, 2021 6:38 pm

I would never guess it was a spinosaurus. It is somewhat ironical that they used a quadrupedal pose so many years ago.
I know it is the same mould as the edaphosaurus what explains why it does not look like a spino at all. Maybe they think that this beautiful red color is enough convincent. It looks more like a dimetrodon.

Bowhead Whale

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptySat May 29, 2021 12:29 am

Roger wrote:
I would never guess it was a spinosaurus. It is somewhat ironical that they used a quadrupedal pose so many years ago.
I know it is the same mould as the edaphosaurus what explains why it does not look like a spino at all. Maybe they think that this beautiful red color is enough convincent. It looks more like a dimetrodon.

You saw the Dor Mei Edaphosaurus?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals EmptySat May 29, 2021 12:36 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

You saw the Dor Mei Edaphosaurus?

I Googled it after seeing your spino because I thought it looked more like an edaphosaurus or a dimetrodon. Then I've found it was also used as an edaphosaurus.
Here is an edaphosaurus in Canada. Wink

Dor Mei animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dor Mei animals   Dor Mei animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Dor Mei animals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next