Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs

Go down 
+2
widukind
Bowhead Whale
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptySun 17 Apr 2016, 19:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does anyone here know about Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) dinosaurs? Here are the ones I bought back in 1984, in a flea market: a Lambeosaurus and a Chasmosaurus.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016, 07:34

Very special figurines, congratulations!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016, 08:09

What fantastic gems ! Again !!! WOW !!! cheers
They are wonderful Very Happy

Are they marked ROM ? Does it say what species they are ? bounce

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016, 18:38

SUSANNE wrote:

Are they marked ROM ? Does it say what species they are ?  bounce

I already told you in the first post: they are marked "ROM" and are identified as Chasmosaurus (top) and Lambeosaurus (bottom).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016, 22:51

Bowhead Whale wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Are they marked ROM ? Does it say what species they are ?  bounce

I already told you in the first post: they are marked "ROM" and are identified as Chasmosaurus (top) and Lambeosaurus (bottom).

I was ready to ask the same as Susanne so it is not clear in your first post that they are marked with brand and animal names. It is important to know once it helps to identify figures when we don't know anything about them. However, you tell us what they are and knowing that they are marked, if we find another figure from the collection, we may expect it is marked too.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 00:15

Roger wrote:

I was ready to ask the same as Susanne so it is not clear in your first post that they are marked with brand and animal names. It is important to know once it helps to identify figures when we don't know anything about them. However, you tell us what they are and knowing that they are marked, if we find another figure from the collection, we may expect it is marked too.

There was also an Albertosaurus, a Diplodocus, a Parasaurolophus, a Pteranodon, a Stegosaurus and a Stenopterygius.

A few knock offs also exist.

The Royal Ontario Museum also produced a famous Burgess shale series with Laggania, Olenoides, Opabinia, Pikaia and Wiwaxia (Quollmate avatar Wink )
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 08:24

Roger wrote:
...... knowing that they are marked, if we find another figure from the collection, we may expect it is marked too.

Well expressed Wink

Kikimalou wrote:

There was also an Albertosaurus, a Diplodocus, a Parasaurolophus, a Pteranodon, a Stegosaurus and a Stenopterygius.

The Royal Ontario Museum also produced a famous Burgess shale series with Laggania, Olenoides, Opabinia, Pikaia and Wiwaxia (Quollmate avatar Wink )

Wow ! You know SO much Shocked

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 15:23

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
...... knowing that they are marked, if we find another figure from the collection, we may expect it is marked too.

Well expressed Wink

Kikimalou wrote:

Wow ! You know SO much Shocked

They are pretty famous on the Dino Toy Forum. I remember I used to see them at the Calgary Zoo, but never got them as a kid.

All of the originals were the flat grey color, but later recasts/knockoffs can be foudn in other colors. The Pteranodon and Stenopterygius (especially) are quite rare; the latter is very rare, kind of small, and a hunted prize for a lot of people.

Overall, they have a kind of Invicta-like quality, although the sculpts and details are less pronounced.

Unlike the (sometimes) big, colorful, cartoonish Burgess animals (which are still available from the ROM store).

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 16:20

Perfect Christophe and Sean! Now I am better informed. Now I only know how to introduce them on TAi. I've seen that ROM is a copyrigthed branding. How should be called the main page for these figures? ROM, Royal Ontario Museum or is there other brand name that these figures are known and ROM is just the name of the collection? scratch

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 17:28

Roger wrote:
Perfect Christophe and Sean! Now I am better informed. Now I only know how to introduce them on TAi. I've seen that ROM is a copyrigthed  branding. How should be called the main page for these figures? ROM, Royal Ontario Museum or is there other brand name that these figures are known and ROM is just the name of the collection? scratch

ROM is the shorthand for Royal Ontario Museum, and should suffice for the line.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 18:34

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Perfect Christophe and Sean! Now I am better informed. Now I only know how to introduce them on TAi. I've seen that ROM is a copyrigthed  branding. How should be called the main page for these figures? ROM, Royal Ontario Museum or is there other brand name that these figures are known and ROM is just the name of the collection? scratch

Thanks Sean, a new small page was created on TAi to ROM. Pcitures of Bowhead were added, so it is now ready to receive more pics from someone that collect these figures. If more info is known, it can be shared here to enrich the new created page. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 20:03

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks Sean, a new small page was created on TAi to ROM. Pcitures of Bowhead were added, so it is now ready to receive more pics from someone that collect these figures. If more info is known, it can be shared here to enrich the new created page. Very Happy

No problem, that's great!

I unfortunately can't help with any of the dinos; if you need photos of the Burgess I have those.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyThu 21 Apr 2016, 21:01

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

I unfortunately can't help with any of the dinos; if you need photos of the Burgess I have those.

Surely Sean, much probably not many people have them on forum so we could use your pictures. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016, 19:02

I have a knock-off of the Chasmosaurus for trade!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016, 19:25

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

We need your pics, Sbell!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016, 20:45

Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

We need your pics, Sbell!

I'll get them for you this weekend!

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptySat 30 Apr 2016, 03:00

Okay, this link should work!

ROM Figures

If it doesn't, I'll provide the photos individually!

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptySat 30 Apr 2016, 18:47

WOW! Now, to put them on TAI!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptySun 01 May 2016, 00:47

sbell wrote:
Okay, this link should work!

ROM Figures

If it doesn't, I'll provide the photos individually!

It worked, Sean! Very Happy Thanks! :)
I will upload them on TAi when possible although I am not sure I can introduce them correctly into the taxonomic section. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptySun 01 May 2016, 02:31

The job is done Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptySun 01 May 2016, 11:51

Kikimalou wrote:
The job is done Wink

Thanks Christophe, you're the perfect person to do that job once you are the official TAi-xonomist. Wink Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptySun 01 May 2016, 19:49

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 20:42

I have sad news for you: today, I found out that I lost the Ebay auctions for ROM Albertosaurus and ROM Pteranodon. Man, how much I h@te last minute bidders! Evil or Very Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 20:49

Bowhead Whale wrote:
......Man, how much I h@te last minute bidders! Evil or Very Mad Sad

I agree so totally Suspect
As far as I know, there is even a computer programme that can do it for the bidder Rolling Eyes

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 21:02

SUSANNE wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
......Man, how much I h@te last minute bidders! Evil or Very Mad Sad

I agree so totally Suspect
As far as I know, there is even a computer programme that can do it for the bidder Rolling Eyes

Yahoo Auctions Japan has a system where 5 minutes is added on if there is a bid in the last few minutes--which means no sniping, but that auctions can continue for much longer...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs   Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs Empty

Back to top Go down

Royal Ontario Museum Dinosaurs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: