Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Interview with the new Schleich Manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:04 am

I've found this intersting interview with Dirk Engehausen, since a year the new Schleich Manager. He worked 20 Years for Lego,what you can see , for example, that he splitted the cataloge in two editions like Lgeo.

Its interesting to read that Schleich Collectors are one of the Target groups at Schleich-a really good Joke...It is in german, of course.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:25 am

Thank you for the link Very Happy Who can translate? Embarassed

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you for the link Very Happy  Who can translate? Embarassed

Google!

Also, apparently Americans (North Americans?) and Asians tend to view toys as throwaway plastic things? Unlike Europeans.

I don't think I like him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:08 am

Any translater better than google? Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:01 am

Thankyou, Bongo flower

Any translater better than google? Laughing

lol! lol!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:31 pm

Thank you for the link Very Happy  Who can translate? Embarassed

I will look what i can do :)

Country/State : Mysterious land far away!

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Sun May 01, 2016 6:43 pm

My Dad says that he will have a go at translating this for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Tue May 03, 2016 11:45 am

So this new owner workd for lego?  that explains a lot

On the Bionicle forums (a type of Lego product) It was forbidden to speak of new sets that were not in the January to June catalogs until a set date that the public never heard of, and stores were never allowed to show them off to the public until the summer. This explains why some models were leaked away before they were suposed to. Because stores are not used to this with Schleich products
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Mon May 09, 2016 5:14 am

" We bring animals into the nursery "

From Imelda Flaig 04 January 2016 - 07:30

Has played in childhood with Schleich Figures : Schleich CEO Dirk Engehausen Photo : Schleich
Has played in childhood with Schleich Figures : Schleich CEO Dirk Engehausen
Photo : Schleich

Even in a world of digitization play like children with horses and a farm , says Dirk Engehausen , head of character manufacturer Schleich . If children take a figure in the hand , the imagination begins.
Mr. Engehausen what is a good toy ?
A toy , a lot of value per hour invested is in the in the children. I say this because the time of the child an ever more precious commodity. That's why I see it as our responsibility . Children are our figures and animals have as much enthusiasm and play value .

Electronics is in the children on the rise - from games consoles to tablets with apps. Where is the development?
The will continue in parallel as in the past decade. I do not think it either-or are a. The digitization is part of our lives. Quality toy has a right to exist and has its product features - you can touch it and play with it - an advantage over the digital world.
Rich characters from still to inspire children?
Yes absolutely. If you press a child today a Schleich-lion in the hand, this is not only a plastic figure. For a child that is an absolute story starter, that is, because immediately runs a story. Leo is Africa's savanna, adventure, Waterhole - whatever. That's the beauty in children. In very, very many cases, the single figure is not always sufficient, however. And that is our strategic direction that we develop Genres our single figures - for example, Wildlife, which matches the lions.
You Prehistoric Animals, Dinosaurs, knights, elves, and more - what can be expected to?
We have many opportunities to develop on the basis of our offer game scenarios. But we must our previous Schleich fans, collect the figures, not overwhelm, by coming with seven or eight fantasy worlds. Our realistic and lifelike characters are to occur necessarily in the game.

Games for children today than before?
You are so imaginative as ever. But there is more inspiration to the imagination. Children have today but also more challenges. I am 51 years old. As I grew up, Western films were the highlight. There was "Bonanza", "Shilo Ranch", "Gunsmoke" - that was it thereabouts. So we played cowboys and Indians. Today children grow up with a myriad of inspirations - this starts in preschool with Maja and Wickie and goes over the entire Disney licenses to the DC Comics. The children just love to play with horses and a farm. Today we know more about the different playing habits of boys and girls. Girl playing always very socially usually play mother, father, child, whereas guys usually play competition: good versus evil.
Are there differences in different countries? Toys in the Americas and Asia acts colorful - or is this impression deceptive?
That's right. In continental Europe or in the German and Scandinavian region the toy has a higher value as a cultural asset. We toy is not primarily a disposable article, on the other hand, it is glaring in the US and in the Asian region, colorful and blinking. I always say Plastic Fantastic. Since is not necessarily the game value in the foreground.
Have you played as a child with Schleich-animals, and had a favorite character?
That's ironic. I have spent my childhood in Schwabisch Gmund - from the third to the tenth grade. If you live here, you can not get to the figures. My favorite animal was the dolphin.

You were 20 years Manager at Lego - ticking Schleich different?
In some cases. Compares both companies is that they have the same challenges. The toy industry is one of the most complicated, even though it always looks so cute from the outside. You have a dual marketing drive: campaigns for the buyer, which are the adults - at least for products from zero to six years - and beyond for children who may already a say more. The share all toy manufacturers. One of the crucial differences between Lego and Schleich is that Lego is a global company with Scandinavian roots and an American management culture - that is to say brand, brand, brand. Schleich hand is schwäbisch down to earth and has been performed more technocratic. It was not the brand that is in focus, but the issue of how we provide the individual product is best made. This is a very different approach.
And you try to make the mark in the center?
I am convinced that if a brand does not want to go in the wide range of no-names, you have to invest in the brand and bring their properties so forward that consumers - the children and the donor - can relate to it.

In this country, relatively few children are born. Can the toy market in general still grow?
Yes. In Europe, the British and French toy market is absolutely larger, and there significantly more money per child per year is spent on toys in the section. The British buy their children about 30 percent more toys than the Germans. If our market would thus grow by 30 percent, that would be great. I mean, growth potential there is in any case. At the same time I believe that creep is also increasingly taking on an educational task. Our realistic products, we have the opportunity and perhaps even a certain educational responsibility. Many children who grow up in cities have never seen a real sheep or pig. Schleich brings the animals into the nursery.
Where do you draw the line between reality and fantasy?
We are very aware of these limitations. Smurfs or Peanuts are themes with which children grow up. For a three- or four-year-old Maya the Bee is not abstract as for an adult, but has the same problems and experienced the same adventure as the children in the kindergarten.
the Smurfs What role today in Schleich program?
The Smurfs have a small fine fan base that will always have the latest Smurfs. but you no longer play the role they once played. 2017 new Smurf film is slated for release, then the interest in the Smurfs will rise dramatically again.

To start the new Peanuts film come Schleich figurines of Charlie Brown and Snoopy. They have also licensed heroes like Superman or Batman. There is currently a huge hype around the topic of "Star Wars" - but without creep. Is the subject too abstract?
No, "Star Wars" is a very interesting topic, since one of the target groups from Schleich are also collectors and "Star Wars" also a collector's issue. But the licensing runs for many years and most have established partners - and at that time had not yet surreptitious on the radar screen the subject.
Which figures are taboo at Schleich?
Any war toys. We will not make soldiers and tanks.
They work with Degussa together - silver models for adults from original stealth models. Do you want to attract new target groups?
This is a real marketing alliance that made us happy and speaks for the quality of our products. Degussa has approached us because they would like to produce some of our animals as an investment. So if someone wants to have in the form of a slow-Tiers its gold bars or silver bars, that's a wonderful expression of appreciation of our brand.

They are less than a year in the company - such as falls from your conclusion?
The loyalty and pride of the employees on the brand are overwhelming. Even the belief that we can clearly make out slow even more and significantly increase the value for the children yet. There is much potential in Schleich.
Quasi a gem, one has to polish?
Yes, the comparison can be drawn. However, it should not only be a gem, but one in different versions, brooches and necklaces.
How have sales in 2015 has developed?
Pronounced positive. Schleich retracts the best results ever. We will certainly grow significantly in the double digits.
Will that affect the jobs?
We are fortunately in a position that we can create jobs. We have 2015 increased its workforce by a further eight per cent and will be around 340 employees. Through the further development and realignment that will hopefully continue.

Translated with google translator

Last edited by widukind on Mon May 09, 2016 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Mon May 09, 2016 5:41 am

Thanks Andreas, I'll try to improve a little that Google translation as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't know anything from German what will turn difficult to understand the original meaning of some sentences. I don't believe that Schleich manager is comparing Lego with creep or that they put slow-lions in children's hands. Laughing
Google even translates the word Schleich, I didn't know it had such a funny meaning in German. Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Mon May 09, 2016 6:01 am

Thanks Andreas, I'll try to improve a little that Google translation as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't know anything from German what will turn difficult to understand the original meaning of some sentences. I don't believe that Schleich manager is comparing Lego with creep or that they put slow-lions in children's hands. Laughing
Google even translates the word Schleich, I didn't know it had such a funny meaning in German. Wink

Yes,both creep and slowly is written for Schleich :) Now it have a better sense :)

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Thu May 26, 2016 2:47 am

Thanks Andreas!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the new Schleich Manager   Today at 5:01 am

Back to top Go down

Interview with the new Schleich Manager
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1