Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:16 pm

In 2009, The Japanese company [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] produced a series of Dinosaur figures for the Dinosaur Expo.

I had the chance to put my hand on the Gigantoraptor with the great help of Sauroid cheers

Discovered in 2005, Gigantoraptor was a Big cousin of the Oviraptor. It leaved in the Iren Dabasu Formation in Inner Mongolia at the upper Cretaceous period (70 million years ago).
With an estimated ength of 8 metres (26 ft) and a weight of 1400 kg, this Theropod dinosaur was the largest of the Oviraptosaurids.

Let me show you the small Capcom reconstruction Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Very, very beautyful and unusual model , - fascinating creature Shocked

Thankyou for sharing these perfect photos cheers

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:07 pm

My pleasure Susanne Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:55 am

Beautieful japanese stuff :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:59 am

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
With an estimated ength of 8 metres (26 ft) and a weight of 1400 kg, this Theropod dinosaur was the largest of the Oviraptosaurids.

I went back to enjoy this awesome models again, - and then it struck me : My flagpole is 8 meters high also Shocked  What an enormous critter this must have been affraid cheers

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 am

I went back to enjoy this awesome models again, - and then it struck me : My flagpole is 8 meters high also Shocked  What an enormous critter this must have been affraid cheers

Laughing Yes , the model is small... Or the Lego brick is really big Laughing

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:59 am

I don't remember reading about Capcom before but I am familiar with some of their merchandising. Pictures are just perfect as usual! cheers
Figure is a little parrotesque, funny actually but I suspect they were like that actually. I also like that some recently found prehistoric animals are featured, it is quite boring when companies release the same old classic dinos. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 am

I don't remember reading about Capcom before but I am familiar with some of their merchandising. Pictures are just perfect as usual! cheers
Figure is a little parrotesque, funny actually but I suspect they were like that actually. I also like that some recently found prehistoric animals are featured, it is quite boring when companies release the same old classic dinos. :)

Thank you Rogério Very Happy . Yes, I also like to see something different from Trex or Velociraptors on my shelves Laughing .

Despite it is a small (but expensive Crying or Very sad ) Gigantoraptor, I chose it because I think it is far more interresting than its CollectA competitor.

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun May 01, 2016 1:57 am

Thank you Rogério Very Happy . Yes, I also like to see something different from Trex or Velociraptors on my shelves Laughing .

Despite it is a small (but expensive Crying or Very sad ) Gigantoraptor, I chose it because I think it is far more interresting than its CollectA competitor.

Yes, I agree, though it is meritory that CollectA introduced such an unusual dinosaur so early in their range. Also, in 2009, CollectA was not a "mature" brand as they are now. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 am

Of course, nothing against CollectA in my mind. Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   

Back to top Go down

Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1