Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

cheers santa Time for the suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of December. Click here cheers santa

Share | 

Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:16 pm

In 2009, The Japanese company [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] produced a series of Dinosaur figures for the Dinosaur Expo.

I had the chance to put my hand on the Gigantoraptor with the great help of Sauroid cheers

Discovered in 2005, Gigantoraptor was a Big cousin of the Oviraptor. It leaved in the Iren Dabasu Formation in Inner Mongolia at the upper Cretaceous period (70 million years ago).
With an estimated ength of 8 metres (26 ft) and a weight of 1400 kg, this Theropod dinosaur was the largest of the Oviraptosaurids.

Let me show you the small Capcom reconstruction Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Very, very beautyful and unusual model , - fascinating creature Shocked

Thankyou for sharing these perfect photos cheers

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:07 pm

My pleasure Susanne Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:55 am

Beautieful japanese stuff :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:59 am

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
With an estimated ength of 8 metres (26 ft) and a weight of 1400 kg, this Theropod dinosaur was the largest of the Oviraptosaurids.

I went back to enjoy this awesome models again, - and then it struck me : My flagpole is 8 meters high also Shocked  What an enormous critter this must have been affraid cheers

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 am

I went back to enjoy this awesome models again, - and then it struck me : My flagpole is 8 meters high also Shocked  What an enormous critter this must have been affraid cheers

Laughing Yes , the model is small... Or the Lego brick is really big Laughing

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:59 am

I don't remember reading about Capcom before but I am familiar with some of their merchandising. Pictures are just perfect as usual! cheers
Figure is a little parrotesque, funny actually but I suspect they were like that actually. I also like that some recently found prehistoric animals are featured, it is quite boring when companies release the same old classic dinos. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 am

I don't remember reading about Capcom before but I am familiar with some of their merchandising. Pictures are just perfect as usual! cheers
Figure is a little parrotesque, funny actually but I suspect they were like that actually. I also like that some recently found prehistoric animals are featured, it is quite boring when companies release the same old classic dinos. :)

Thank you Rogério Very Happy . Yes, I also like to see something different from Trex or Velociraptors on my shelves Laughing .

Despite it is a small (but expensive Crying or Very sad ) Gigantoraptor, I chose it because I think it is far more interresting than its CollectA competitor.

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun May 01, 2016 1:57 am

Thank you Rogério Very Happy . Yes, I also like to see something different from Trex or Velociraptors on my shelves Laughing .

Despite it is a small (but expensive Crying or Very sad ) Gigantoraptor, I chose it because I think it is far more interresting than its CollectA competitor.

Yes, I agree, though it is meritory that CollectA introduced such an unusual dinosaur so early in their range. Also, in 2009, CollectA was not a "mature" brand as they are now. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 am

Of course, nothing against CollectA in my mind. Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   

Back to top Go down

Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1