Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

cheers santa Time for the suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of December. Click here cheers santa

Share | 
 

 Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15077

PostSubject: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:16 pm

In 2009, The Japanese company [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] produced a series of Dinosaur figures for the Dinosaur Expo.

I had the chance to put my hand on the Gigantoraptor with the great help of Sauroid cheers

Discovered in 2005, Gigantoraptor was a Big cousin of the Oviraptor. It leaved in the Iren Dabasu Formation in Inner Mongolia at the upper Cretaceous period (70 million years ago).
With an estimated ength of 8 metres (26 ft) and a weight of 1400 kg, this Theropod dinosaur was the largest of the Oviraptosaurids.

Let me show you the small Capcom reconstruction Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 66
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32398

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Very, very beautyful and unusual model , - fascinating creature Shocked

Thankyou for sharing these perfect photos cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:07 pm

My pleasure Susanne Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 29085

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:55 am

Beautieful japanese stuff :)

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:59 am

Thank you Andreas Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 66
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32398

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
.....
With an estimated ength of 8 metres (26 ft) and a weight of 1400 kg, this Theropod dinosaur was the largest of the Oviraptosaurids.
.....

I went back to enjoy this awesome models again, - and then it struck me : My flagpole is 8 meters high also Shocked  What an enormous critter this must have been affraid cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
.....
With an estimated ength of 8 metres (26 ft) and a weight of 1400 kg, this Theropod dinosaur was the largest of the Oviraptosaurids.
.....

I went back to enjoy this awesome models again, - and then it struck me : My flagpole is 8 meters high also Shocked  What an enormous critter this must have been affraid cheers


Laughing Yes , the model is small... Or the Lego brick is really big Laughing

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23295

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:59 am

I don't remember reading about Capcom before but I am familiar with some of their merchandising. Pictures are just perfect as usual! cheers
Figure is a little parrotesque, funny actually but I suspect they were like that actually. I also like that some recently found prehistoric animals are featured, it is quite boring when companies release the same old classic dinos. :)

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't remember reading about Capcom before but I am familiar with some of their merchandising. Pictures are just perfect as usual! cheers
Figure is a little parrotesque, funny actually but I suspect they were like that actually. I also like that some recently found prehistoric animals are featured, it is quite boring when companies release the same old classic dinos. :)

Thank you Rogério Very Happy . Yes, I also like to see something different from Trex or Velociraptors on my shelves Laughing .

Despite it is a small (but expensive Crying or Very sad ) Gigantoraptor, I chose it because I think it is far more interresting than its CollectA competitor.

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23295

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun May 01, 2016 1:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't remember reading about Capcom before but I am familiar with some of their merchandising. Pictures are just perfect as usual! cheers
Figure is a little parrotesque, funny actually but I suspect they were like that actually. I also like that some recently found prehistoric animals are featured, it is quite boring when companies release the same old classic dinos. :)

Thank you Rogério Very Happy . Yes, I also like to see something different from Trex or Velociraptors on my shelves Laughing .

Despite it is a small (but expensive Crying or Very sad ) Gigantoraptor, I chose it because I think it is far more interresting than its CollectA competitor.

Yes, I agree, though it is meritory that CollectA introduced such an unusual dinosaur so early in their range. Also, in 2009, CollectA was not a "mature" brand as they are now. :)

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 am

Of course, nothing against CollectA in my mind. Wink

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou   

Back to top Go down
 
Capcom Gigantoraptor: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou
» The SCHLEICH 14658 elephant calf walkaround by Kikimalou
» Ana's Nyala: a small walkaround by Kikimalou
» Southlands Replicas 00001 Thylacoleo walkaround by Kikimalou
» The Schleich 14740 Rattlesnake: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Other Japanese companies-
Jump to: