Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mysterious sailfish

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Mysterious sailfish Empty
PostSubject: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 9:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is a rubber Sailfish I found in the flea market. It is only marked "Made in China". Anyone knows what brand made it, please?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:47 pm

I don't know the brand, but it is a great model Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 pm

I have no idea, I tried to find it in Wild Republic catalogue but no way. They released some large rubber animals in the past but I am almost sure I haven't seen this beautiful fish before.
Is it a Indo-Pacific sailfish, isn't it? Really wonderful piece. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:06 am

Roger wrote:
I have no idea, I tried to find it in Wild Republic catalogue but no way. They released some large rubber animals in the past but I am almost sure I haven't seen this beautiful fish before.
Is it a Indo-Pacific sailfish, isn't it? Really wonderful piece. :)

I believe it is an Indo-Pacific sailfish.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 8:49 am

No idea for this fish

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptySun May 01, 2016 12:13 am

How come there are so many toys that are just marked Made in China with no brand name!? Mad
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptySun May 01, 2016 12:24 am

Mass marketing. (Required to have China for international purposes) - they can be bought and repackaged by companies with less resources or who don't want to invest in molds/moulds. For example bargain stores...

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptySun May 01, 2016 12:27 am

I mean... Just to drive you crazy?

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptySun May 01, 2016 5:34 am

It must be from the same people that make a lot of the terrible toy dinosaurs--complete with teeth that shoudln't be there.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptySun May 01, 2016 8:56 am

sbell wrote:
...... with teeth that shoudln't be there.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:08 pm

sbell wrote:
It must be from the same people that make a lot of the terrible toy dinosaurs--complete with teeth that shoudln't be there.

But this sailfish is far from being terrible...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:

That's exactly the reason of Sean's comment, I guess. If it was a terrible figure in all regards, these teeth won't be surely a problem but just a detail. I think Sean means that it is a pitty that such a nice figure have teeth like these. Wink
Please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish EmptyWed May 11, 2016 1:44 am

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:

That's exactly the reason of Sean's comment, I guess. If it was a terrible figure in all regards, these teeth won't be surely a problem but just a detail.  I think Sean means that it is a pitty that such a nice figure have teeth like these. Wink
Please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing

That's exactly what I meant--it's not a museum-quality replica, but is well made, good paint scheme, decent detail. And then they threw those giant dinosaur teeth on it--when the real fish shouldn't even have teeth. It would actually make the fish easier to mold and cast wtih jsut a smooth mouth.

Especially disappointing since most large billfish models tend to keep the mouth closed, or onyl very slightly open.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious sailfish   Mysterious sailfish Empty

Back to top Go down

Mysterious sailfish
Page 1 of 1