Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Coral Fish set :-)

Go down 
+5
Saarlooswolfhound
sbell
Roger
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 11:06 pm

I just can't resist these little sets with sand and plants and fish swimming round , so I am happy to show you a few deatils from the set 42327 which was launched now in 2016  Very Happy

A very pleasing looking box :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The parts are safely placed in a plastic "drawer". A very good thing, because the fish are very small and can easily get lost when packed a way.
I just wished they had used a little bit better plastic, and much better cardboard.
When you have taken the contents out two or three times, the cardboard box begins to crumble, and the plastic is not very sturdy either...after all children treat suff quite roughly... Rolling Eyes

At long last I got the grass/seeweed  cheers

Isn't this a neat, little sea-diorama ?  drunken
It just struck me that I will have to try combining this set with the eel-set , and see how they work together...I'll do that tomorrow

The stars are the fish, of course.
I am not completely sure what species they are. Schleich ought to write it on the box  Neutral

A surgeon fish :

A butterflyfish :

And the cutest, little Nemoo-fish  clown

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You can see the other three sets here :

Moray eel : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Purple octupus : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wobbegong : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Oh that's cool. :)  Thanks again for a lovely walk around, Susanne. :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 12:36 am

That's another nice set from Schleich. I also need help to identify them, I identified these on TAi as common clownfish, regal tang and the butterflyfish I was not even able of trying to guess. If anyone knows better what they are, it is appreciated.
Thanks for your great pictures, Susanne! Very Happy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 5:00 am

Roger wrote:
That's another nice set from Schleich. I also need help to identify them, I identified these on TAi as common clownfish, regal tang and the butterflyfish I was not even able of trying to guess. If anyone knows better what they are, it is appreciated.

It looks like a Foxface Rabbitfish Siganus vulpinus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 5:41 am

Lovely set Susanne, I do really like their little sets as well, its an opportunity for them to make smaller models they probably wouldn't release by theirselves anyways.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 8:40 am

Thankyou, friends Very Happy

sbell wrote:

It looks like a Foxface Rabbitfish Siganus vulpinus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

YES ! That's it cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 1:24 pm

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

Perfect Sean! Thanks! so one more species was added to TAi. I find the English names very funny actually, I tried to find a badgerface butterflyfish instead but naturally it hasn't worked. Laughing Wink By the way, it doesn't even belong to the family Chaetodontidae, usually known as butterflyfish so I could spend my time checking more than 100 species that I could never find it. However, I noticed that some rabbitfish are also called butterflyfish, what a strange world. affraid

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Fantastic photos, Susanne! This is a cute little set. I think I'm going to go try finding a set for myself now!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 2:22 pm

I like this set :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 3:57 pm

No problem Roger. Something stuck out for me about what it was. The funny thing is that I thought the name was foxface butterfly fish! Didn't even realize they were different families!

Can I also point out that Schleich really needs to work on their fish textures? Why are these so bumpy? They would have scales, but these kinds of fish tend to be, essentially, smooth! Not as bad as the eel...

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptySun May 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:

Perfect Sean! Thanks! so one more species was added to TAi. I find the English names very funny actually, I tried to find a badgerface butterflyfish instead but naturally it hasn't worked. Laughing Wink By the way, it doesn't even belong to the family Chaetodontidae, usually known as butterflyfish so I could spend my time checking more than 100 species that I could never find it. However, I noticed that some rabbitfish are also called butterflyfish, what a strange world. affraid

At the moment i look also for butterflyfishes for the specielist.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Congraatz on this one i like it very much Very Happy nice photo :)

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:53 am

yep - list is definitely on my purchase list now :-) Thanks for the great walkaround!

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Coral Fish set :-)   Schleich Coral Fish set  :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Coral Fish set :-)
Page 1 of 1