Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1198

PostSubject: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Mon May 02, 2016 3:22 am

Here I present one of the 4 new Soft Models from Favorrite (Kinto) in the Ancient Fishes line.

Osteoglossum bicirrhosum, the silver arowana. This is a big species (>100 cm) of bonytongue, popular in home aquaria in much of the world. They have not been made as figures or toys much--just a couple of rare, expensive Kaiyodo Aqualand figures--since Japan is the only place that makes arowana models, and the Asian Arowana complex of species (Scleropages spp.) are far more popular (despite their rarity, and expense).

The figure itself is about 18cm long, giving a scale of roughly 1:7. I have personally kept a silver arowana that was more than double this size! It was kept with gars, bichirs, and...others (see below!).

Like the rest of the Ancient Fishes, and other FAVORITE Soft Models, the figure is heavy, and came packaged on a card. There is a base, and the figure has a large hole where the base fits. They are not interchangable between figures. Unlike the other models the arowana cannot sit/display without the ase, as it embeds in the side.

Pictures




Yes, they really do always look like they are judging you.






Note how the base sits against the side.









And, for 1:7 or so scale--the Yujin Blugill and the Replica Toy Fish Pumpkinseed figures. I actually kept my Arowana with all of the aforementioned fish, and Pumkinseeds! They got along very well!


Did I mention earlier to go get these figures? Because I will say it again, it's a great model!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32100

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Mon May 02, 2016 10:22 am

I love this model, what a beauty cheers

A question, - why are they called "Bony-tongue" fish ? I tried to google it, but found only descriptions of species, not the reason for the name scratch study scratch

@sbell wrote:


And, for 1:7 or so scale--the Yujin Blugill and the Replica Toy Fish Pumpkinseed figures. I actually kept my Arowana with all of the aforementioned fish, and Pumkinseeds! They got along very well!


Did I mention earlier to go get these figures? Because I will say it again, it's a great model!

AWESOME picture drunken

_________________
sunny SUSANNE  sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Mon May 02, 2016 3:00 pm

They are called 'bonytongues' because they have teeth on their tongue that line up with (occlude, if you're fancy!) against teeth on the parasphenoid (upper mouth)--essentially, they bite with the roof of their mouth and their tongue!

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables



I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 23001

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Mon May 02, 2016 4:26 pm

That's very beautiful and for me, a unknowledgeable in this matter, it looks very faithful to the real animal. I love its sense of humor. Wink Thanks for showing and congratulations for getting such a fine figure. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 28509

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Mon May 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Nice and interesting figurine

_________________
sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15039

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 am

I agree Aronawa have very haughty face Laughing

It is really an excellent model and this series is just wow. I hope they will make species not made by Colorata because I haven't enough space to collect them all.

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32100

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Thu May 12, 2016 8:57 am

@sbell wrote:
They are called 'bonytongues' because they have teeth on their tongue that line up with (occlude, if you're fancy!) against teeth on the parasphenoid (upper mouth)--essentially, they bite with the roof of their mouth and their tongue!

WOW !!! THAT is seriously strange Shocked Evolution surely has left room for variation among fishes Shocked

Thankyou VERY much for the info. I just got up Sleep Embarassed  and already learned something entirely new today cheers


_________________
sunny SUSANNE  sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
JamesPanda

avatar

Country/State : India
Age : 47
Joined : 2015-02-28
Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:08 am

thats a classic figure cheers  , i did once look after a Jardini Pearl Arowana for over five months and was an experience having the fella as a roomie ! Elegance and sense of grace with size ( was over 20 inches in length). The owner of this ancient fish had some construction work at his residence so shifted the Jardini to my place , and i think I did bond with it Very Happy .. , After that i was given an opportunity to adopt a silver Arowana but I declined since I had just lost my doggie partner and saddest part of having animals is when they pass away.. I would love to care for fishes someday , they do gift us with an amazing positive effect. You have a great collection of fishes Applause

_________________
afro James
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:12 am

I think jardinii (and Scleropages overall) tend to be more calm than silver arowana--I had one, and it was a brutal bully. We moved cities, and I found a new home for it--it was near 60cm when I gave it away, but apparently it did get to it's fill metre or so length eventually--I think he was feeding it too much, so it probably died young.

They are neat though--ours jumped out of the tank once, and started crawling around. Not a fish to mess with!

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables



I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
JamesPanda

avatar

Country/State : India
Age : 47
Joined : 2015-02-28
Posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:41 am

@sbell wrote:


They are neat though--ours jumped out of the tank once, and started crawling around. Not a fish to mess with!

Yes they jump out Ive heard ! this was my first encounter ever with large fish ..fortunately for me the Jardini was peaceful when his tank was moved to my apartment, .. someday when I leave the city ( I work and live in Bombay and its too crammed up with spaces and unfair to have fish or animals here) and move to Goa in the countryside where its much peaceful and more open space , I would be keen to have the company of fishes .. we do have a huge commercial market here for fishes but sadly its more for display in hotels and corporate lobby's etc.. but the fish hobbyists also do exist thankfully even if in small numbers so I do visit the few I know and try and learn the huge responsibilities involved, hoping someday I can vanish from the city and escape to the peaceful ambience of Goa , and fishes will be some of my companions sunny


_________________
afro James
Back to top Go down
sbell

avatar

Country/State : Canada
Age : 43
Joined : 2013-11-06
Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 am

@JamesPanda wrote:
@sbell wrote:


They are neat though--ours jumped out of the tank once, and started crawling around. Not a fish to mess with!

Yes they jump out Ive heard ! this was my first encounter ever with large fish ..fortunately for me the Jardini was peaceful when his tank was moved to my apartment, .. someday when I leave the city ( I work and live in Bombay and its too crammed up with spaces and unfair to have fish or animals here) and move to Goa in the countryside where its much peaceful and more open space , I would be keen to have the company of fishes .. we do have a huge commercial market here for fishes but sadly its more for display in hotels and corporate lobby's etc.. but the fish hobbyists also do exist thankfully even if in small numbers so I do visit the few I know and try and learn the huge responsibilities involved, hoping someday I can vanish from the city and escape to the peaceful ambience of Goa , and fishes will be some of my companions  sunny


They are definitely a simpler kind of pet--and ones like arowana are generally very easy to keep, as long as you can keep them in the tank!

_________________
Looking for animal figures? I have an actual online store, out of Canada! Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables



I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround   

Back to top Go down
 
New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Silver Arowana Walkaround
» The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Plesiosaurus walkaround.
» The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Ankylosaurus walkaround.
» New KINTO FAVORITE 2016 Arapaima Walkaround
» The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Brachiosaurus walkaround.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Kinto Favorite-
Jump to: