Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Mon May 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Today i will open the new SUY. Your personally highlights. How ever that means for you.

And i will open and for the moment only share this with the most special figurines for me. Figurines that i got by my princess. They have a special place in my shelves. In the past as my princess was very young she alos traded with friends figurines for me as surprise. What could be more a personally highlight?

The Schleich and Collecta and made in china models
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Mon May 02, 2016 6:43 pm

i so have one model that is very special to me ^^
she may not look like much to the most of you here, but she is really dear to me!

Her name is Toetie, i found her on a flea market when i was very young~
The flea market was in the same place as the retirement home was where my great grandmother lived! so i brought Toetie with me always, when we were visiting my great grandmother Very Happy

After my great grandmother passed away, Toetie still remembered me of her, and she still does now! so that's why she's special to me ^^

she's not a brand or anything, just a china model.

front view~

and with her pink halter that Damon made Very Happy

Toetie is my treasure and i will always keep her!

-Akai
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Mon May 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Ohh, Akai ! I love that horse, - both beautyful and rare and filled with precious memories drunken

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Mon May 02, 2016 10:16 pm

This is a hard choice scratch
Many of my long-wished-for models are thanks to friends from the forum. I treasure very much the many gifts and helps I have got over the years. Very Happy
But I have decided not to show them here, - it would be almost impossible to show so many, and most of all, I fear that I may forget one, even if I love it very much  Embarassed
So none shown, none forgotten  Laughing

The first ones are also among my very first models back in the 1950' s.
These old Reislers were clearly much loved...the elephant has lost her trunk and tail, and both the dog and the pony have lost a leg.
I repaired the legs with pieces of matches and Fimo Clay ( Polymere clay) . Back then Polymere Clay only came in dark grey, so I tried to paint the pony's leg with my brothers model car paint, which he did NOT like  geek  Laughing

As you can see, I marked them with Mom' s nail polish, so my friend tid not mistake them for hers  tongue

This Siamese cat was the first Schleich model I ever bought.  cat
I gave him to my Mom, and she had him standing on a shelf for the rest of her life .
When Mom passed away, I brought the kitty to my collection, - but she was BROWN  affraid
Mom smoked cigarettes for 75 years, sometimes as much as 30 a day . I washed and washed the little model, but he is still a bit brown, and some of the correct brown colour was washed off too  Laughing

In the vitrine together with my composition models stand these plastic horses .
They are old and rare Safari models, marked 1993. They and very hard to find, - In Europe at least Very Happy
The family of Saddlebreds to the left were also made as blanket-appaloosas, and I hope so much to find them some day  Rolling Eyes

The foal below is thanks to help from friends, but he belongs together with the horses above.
He is made by Safari 1995, just as the white horses, of which you see the dad behind.
The adults were made for many years, and they were not called Camargues in the catalogues I have, but the foal is pretty rare  drunken  

For years I was searching for the llama from Bullyland, and at last I began to doubt if it did really exist  Shocked
But then Torben-admin put this one for sale  bounce  cheers

Not long after I began collecting in serious, I saw one like this one on Ebay, and thought : That is the most ugly hyena ever, - he must certainly come and live here ! drunken
That way I fell in love with VEB Plaho, and later the other models from former DDR.
This one is a later variation, from after Plaho had got their old name, Marolin, back  Very Happy  You can see it n the paintwork, most obvious is the black snout.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Mon May 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Oh, I think, that this topic (idea by Andreas) will be so great and I will watch it with a pleasure :)
Most becouse behind every model, shown here, stays a wonderful story...
and like this every model is a realy special not only for the member who own it, but also for all of us :)

Wonderful models Andreas and for shure, they are very very special for you....they are from your Princess :)

So lovely horse Akai..and so lively story behind her :)

And I know , that Susanne have so many models to show here...but of course, this will be almost not possible...
so these models, which we can see now and the story with them is a big pleasure :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

As you can see, I marked them with Mom' s nail polish, so my friend tid not mistake them for hers  tongue
These red dots, always give a big smile on my face Very Happy

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Tue May 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Such a fun SUY!! I love you

I agree with Susanne- There are too many models that have a special place in my heart...
so i just chose a few Very Happy

First, I have 2 horses, they are Jonas horses  Very Happy But that's not the only reason why they are so special! loong stories, but i try to tell them anyways  Very Happy

First, Tere's Kalia.. Her coat doesn't seem realistic, because it isnt xD I can explain;
some years back, I played this game called ''Alicia Online''. It was a korean game and was about racing and breeding horses. The coat Kalia is was called ''Ivory Coat'', and was one of the many coats you could breed in Alicia. however, Ivory was the only non-realistic coat in the game, I still really liked it.. and I wanted to breed an Ivory horse with long white mane and a cropped tail.
I tried and tried... many foals came, but not the ivory with the long mane + cropped tail.
untill the game closed servers Sad I could never got her! or still..? xD I asked jonas, and he made a miniature version of her, i still got her after all!  I love you

and then there's another jonas horse... Mississippi. He is a made up horse from me as a kid.. you know, a fantasy character from my childhood xD
and Jonas made him SO well, he reminds me so much of my childhood :3

but ofcourse I love all my Jonas-horses! I love you

and here's some OF models:

Blaze, my sister AkaiHawke's first Breyer, that she gave to me... is very special to me Very Happy

Schleich old wolf- most wanted in the past Very Happy

Wild republic dingo, Julie helped me to get cheers

and, not really a model, but- Laughing Schleich water pond, sent by Karin.. it is even today a great place to display my seals (even a custom seal by Karin,), and i still really like it! I love you

I hope to see more of this topic! cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Tue May 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Great figurines here :)

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Thu May 05, 2016 10:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are my figures from the Imperial line "Dragons, Knights and Daggers" released in 1984 (unfortunately, my Sabre-tooth Serpent doesn't have its saddle). They were meant to play with "Masters Of the Universe" figures by Mattel. When I saw those the first time of my life, in a store, back in 1984, I was with my brother and my father. I fell in love with those animals at first sight. However, since my brother said "Boah! They are just "He-Man's"!", I didn't dare to tell my father I wanted at least one, being afraid my brother would despise me for that. So, I let them go and never saw them again.

Twenty-two years passed.

In 2006, I found a whole lot of Masters Of the Universe figures for one buck each in the local flea market. Memories came back and, with those, the memory of animals, both real and fantasy, with saddles, just like MOTU Panthor and Battle Cat. But no matter how much I reserched on the net, I could find no trace of those long-gone animals. Then, I watched the mark under Draggin'Yale's belly (my bay dragon-horse figure). I read: "Imperial". So, on the net, I searched under the key words "Imperial toys". BULLSEYE!!! There they were! All three of them: Battle Beast (two-headed dragon), Sabre-Tooth Serpent (cynognathus-like animal) and Rhino Avenger (Sumatran Rhinoceros). It's only then I could buy them on Ebay. From the far past, they came back to me! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Thu May 05, 2016 11:36 pm

.......From the far past, they came back to me! cheers

What a wonderful history they have !!! So great you found them cheers

I like them very much, they have a heap of charm drunken

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Fri May 06, 2016 6:24 pm

As it arrived today I'm going to go with the Colobus

Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Fri May 06, 2016 7:53 pm

A colobus cheers Magnificent monkey model Applause

Is the girl part of the set ? They look so cute together Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Fri May 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Yes, her name is Yotsuba. (Part of the Yotsuba&? Series monochrome animals. There are two series im aware of...)

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Fri May 06, 2016 9:38 pm

The Kaiyodo Yotsuba serie :)

PostSubject: Re: SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion   Today at 11:08 pm

Back to top Go down

SUY May 2016 - Your personally highlights - treasure. It could be the most wanted in the past or something else with a special emotion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1