Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna

Go down 
+10
Shanti
Ana
normal fox
LeeAnn
Roger
LukaLeon085
widukind
SUSANNE
75senta75
onatello
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Empty
PostSubject: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Hello,
here is my first mojö horse, lovely Arabian mare in foal. I bought her together with some Stablemates from MPV (as she is not available in czech stores) in march, but haven't took photos until now. It's unique model, I have never seen pregnant figure before, so a kind of must have despite the bad paintjob.
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Arabia11
I really love the sculpt, with nice arabian profile and small eyes which give her nice calm expression. And that belly  cheers
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Arabia13
It's such a shame, they gave her this strange orange colour, with no shadings. I was also surprised that the plastic is white and she is painted to orange (I've excepted she's made from an orange material). So she has small rubs allready from package. And also her right fore leg is a bit bent, so it isn't touching a ground. But those are just minor flaws, and she is very nice addition to every horse lover's collection.
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Arabia12

After half a year of having her, and after I got used to her paintwork, another Arabian beauty came into my collection. So I've decided to get the mojö one repainted so she fits more to my other Arabian mares. I asked the artist to repaint her to a flea bitten grey. On 1st of February, she came back (sadly with broken ear, I had to fixed it):
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Epona_13
I must say I've expected her to be more white, and less..well orange.
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Epona_10
I've expected less and bigger spots (maybe hand-painted, not with an airbrush). In real she is rather ochre, and in person and in closer view you can see her spots better...
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Epona_12
I love the shading around eyes and muzzle, and on her beautiful head she has less of spots and more of white. And again: precisely hand-painted eyes, giving her curious, real and kinda wise expression.
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Epona_11

And the task was to fit her better to the other Arabians, as you can see, the mission is complete, they look great together:
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna E_arab10

This figure is really unique, I guess in any colour. She is very special to me I love you

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta

Last edited by onatello on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptySun May 15, 2016 4:55 pm

I like best the first picture. Very nice - great figure made by Anna.

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptySun May 15, 2016 5:39 pm

75senta75 wrote:
I like best the first picture. Very nice - great figure made by Anna.
Thank you, and also thanks to Anna for this figure Wink

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptySun May 15, 2016 6:25 pm

It is indeed a magnificent model, - quite unique cheers

I know that many have made re-paints, and in those we see how absolutely amazing she is drunken

Thankyou for the wonderful photos, and congratulations to have joined the fan-club Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptySun May 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:18 am

Thank you Susanne and Andreas.
I'm thinking about getting her repainted...but on the other hand, I got used to her as she is.

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:01 pm

Wonderful I love you

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Those are very beautiful pictures! Very Happy I find it nice that you're more focused in the positive aspects of that figure than in some manufacturing flaws. The concept and idea are excellent, the sculpt is magnificent, surely Mojö needs some more manufacturing maturity but that's just a question of time.

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyThu May 19, 2016 12:01 am

Roger wrote:
Those are very beautiful pictures! Very Happy I find it nice that you're more focused in the positive aspects of that figure than in some manufacturing flaws. The concept and idea are excellent, the sculpt is magnificent, surely Mojö needs some more manufacturing maturity but that's just a question of time.
Thank you, Roger. Well, it's not always easy, but I'm trying to focused more on positive things in general. I agree about the concept and sculpt, and I'm really curious what progress in manufacturing will Mojö make in future.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi there, I've just add some photos of the mare after the repaint...

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 am

Congrats! She looks lovely in fleabitten grey cheers Too bad she's not what you expected, did you tell the artist she doesn't match the picture in your head?

Country/State : USA, Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 2:32 am

I think the repaint is beautiful. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 am

Thank you LeeAnn and normal fox :-)
When the artist sent me pictures of her, she apologized that the mare turned out darker. And I wanted to wait with final judgement for having her in person. I was more shocked because of broken ear, the package was allright from outside, but it must have fallen or something. Lucklily the ear-tip was there so it could be glued together. And after that, I realize I still love her despite not being what I've expected and that she really fits to the others. So it wasn't neccesary to complain to the artist. Next time, I will send her more reference pictures and I should look properly how she makes the specific colours. She paints flea-bitten with an airbrush, so I should tell her to handpaint the spots.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 3:47 pm

That's good, at least she's growing on you! cheers She is lovely even if she is a bit darker than what you wanted Smile

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 5:59 pm

I like this repaint very much! Very Happy
I think this colour suits her well. I painted mine also in flea-bitten grey Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
That's good, at least she's growing on you! cheers She is lovely even if she is a bit darker than what you wanted Smile
Absolutely Wink she is very lovely

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Ana wrote:
I think this colour suits her well. I painted mine also in flea-bitten grey Smile
I'm happy you like the repaint cheers
I remember your repaint of her to flea-bitten grey, it's marvellous. And it's also rather darker, isn't it?

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 am

onatello wrote:
Ana wrote:
I'm happy you like the repaint cheers
I remember your repaint of her to flea-bitten grey, it's marvellous. And it's also rather darker, isn't it?

Yes, she is quite dark. I used photos of Bandola in her late years (27?) as a reference, and she had so many lovely freckles then Very Happy I tried to make a similar effect on my model Smile

Here I have a photo of my mare (I hope you don't mind?)
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Family10

And Bandola, a legendary mare, and a queen of old type Polish Arabians I love you A LOT of small dots on her fur Very Happy

Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna 00000010

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 9:53 am

I definitely don't mind Wink your repaint is really gorgeous, and the photo is gorgeous! Love the background, it fits very well to your beautiful horses.
The legendary mare is also very nice, and wow, she has more spots than white. I didn't know much about flea-bitten grey effect, just after my mare came, I googled some informations. It's very interesting that at first they lost their colour and become white at very young age, but later, the whitenning factor becomes unactive and their colour begins to appear as freckles.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Very well made, the figurine and the color you gave her! Nice!! Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 11:51 am

onatello wrote:
I definitely don't mind Wink your repaint is really gorgeous, and the photo is gorgeous! Love the background, it fits very well to your beautiful horses.
The legendary mare is also very nice, and wow, she has more spots than white. I didn't know much about flea-bitten grey effect, just after my mare came, I googled some informations. It's very interesting that at first they lost their colour and become white at very young age, but later, the whitenning factor becomes unactive and their colour begins to appear as freckles.

Thank you so much! Very Happy
About Bandola, perhaps she is less known outside Poland than her full brother, stallion Bask, he was later sold to the USA.

Yes, flea-bitten grey is a lovely colour and interesting too (grey is such a dynamic colour in horses, every year different Very Happy ). Sometimes horses of this colour can get so called bloody markings, basically a lot of dots together creating a bigger "island" of pigment. I find it very pretty. Here a mare Panika with blood marking on her face Smile
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna 17190610

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Shanti wrote:
Very well made, the figurine and the color you gave her! Nice!! Applause
Thank you! I didn't give her the colour literally (by myself), I've commissioned it. Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Ana wrote:
onatello wrote:

Thank you so much! Very Happy
About Bandola, perhaps she is less known outside Poland than her full brother, stallion Bask, he was later sold to the USA.

Yes, flea-bitten grey is a lovely colour and interesting too (grey is such a dynamic colour in horses, every year different Very Happy ). Sometimes horses of this colour can get so called bloody markings, basically a lot of dots together creating a bigger "island" of pigment. I find it very pretty. Here a mare Panika with blood marking on her face Smile
Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna 17190610

Those bloody marking are also interesting. Panika is beautiful, so is her foal.
I saw mojö catalogue for this year and it seems they've changed the paintwork of this model a bit, she has no white markings and the colour itself looks more brown than previous orange. But they've painted horsehoes on her. Anyway, it's nice to see they're trying to improve it.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am

onatello wrote:

I saw mojö catalogue for this year and it seems they've changed the paintwork of this model a bit, she has no white markings and the colour itself looks more brown than previous orange. But they've painted horsehoes on her. Anyway, it's nice to see they're trying to improve it.

Yes, I noticed that change in colour of Mojo one also. I agree this is good to see they try to improve OF work. I hoped they could paint her in flea-bitten grey since the beginning but they didn't like the idea Sad . But, good, now we can see some wonderful repaints like this one from your collection Smile Very Happy

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 am

Ana wrote:
onatello wrote:

Yes, I noticed that change in colour of Mojo one also. I agree this is good to see they try to improve OF work. I hoped they could paint her in flea-bitten grey since the beginning but they didn't like the idea Sad . But, good, now we can see some wonderful repaints like this one from your collection Smile Very Happy

It's interesting they didn't want to paint her in flea-bitten. Question is if they were able to make it look real. But as you wrote, luckily we can have repaints like mine and yours Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna   Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna Empty

Back to top Go down

Arabian mare in foal (repainted) and other horses by Anna
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next