Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 am

Look, what I got from Roger  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are the same moulds as some retired Schleich.
But the marking and tags are different :

The lovely rearing mustang Morgan with beautyful paintwork :

One of my favorite models, - the Holstein horse . It is called "Lipizzan", - not very typical for the breed  Laughing

Another beautyful, old Schleich model, the Hanoverian .  Very Happy
Sooty chestnut, - now called Arabian  Shocked

And black. In the shop they called him "Andalusian"  geek
But he is lovely. Please note that the mane and tail are not just black, they are painted with a more shiny surface !!!

The Schleich Holstein here is called "Buckskin horse". Roger kept this one, and hopes to get it changed to one without scratches  Laughing

We have already see the musk ox, but now I took the pictures, and he is so lovely that a few more photos won't harm  Very Happy
Even more important : He was a gift from Roger  drunken

Compared to the Schleich Holstein horses ( no 13262 and the lighter bay one, which was half of the team pulling the prarie wagon :

The beautyful, old Hanoverian together with his new siblings :

My Schleich Rearing Mustangs are packed down. I will try to make a comparison picture later  Rolling Eyes

Thankyou, thankyou, Roger, for getting these delightful and rare models 4me sunny cheers flower

Y'all may already know this, but in case somebody doesn't,  M&B made several other models from old Schleich moulds. You can see the 6 tropical fishes and the sealife models [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
They also made some poultry, but they are unmarked :

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue May 17, 2016 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 11:01 am

Big congratulations for you Susanne and a big hurray for our crocodile :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 12:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Big congratulations for you Susanne and a big hurray for our crocodile :)

Crocodile cheers bounce cheers

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Susanne, it is so nice to see your presentation of these horses and muskox. Very Happy
They are like Schleich special editions although they are only repainted versions from a long date partner company.
I need yet to confirm but I think they call the black horse an Andalusian instead of Friesian or Arab.
I agree the painting work is very nice but I think they should choose better their breeds. Schleich breeds are much better adjusted to the sculpt than those from M&B. Hard to see an Arabian in that mold, I haven't removed it from the plastic bag so I couldn't see it as perfectly as in your pictures
The color of that Lipi is convincent but the mold is also not adjusted at all. I think they're doing a great work but they definitively should be more careful naming their figures. I have to recall that they call the muskox a buffalo. I am very curious to see which figures will they bring back later, I've heard that they introduced the grey whale calf in their range too. I have to check it once it isn't yet in their website. Very Happy study

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 3:28 pm

.......I think they're doing a great work but they definitively should be more careful naming their figures. I have to recall that they call the muskox a buffalo. I am very curious to see which figures will they bring back later,.......Very Happy study

lol! lol!

trovalsa

Country/State : Lisbon, Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Oh, my, they are lovely!! It seems I will have to be on the lookout next time I visit Lisbon, I have wanted to get these older molds for quite a long time. Who knows, perhaps they even have my favourite, the old Thoroughbred... I love you

Congratulations on your lovely new additions! The Hanoverians in particular have such a sweet face. Very Happy

But, Susanne, the rearing horse is not in the mustang mold, but the morgan. Razz Painted quite a lighter colour!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tom :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 7:02 pm

But, Susanne, the rearing horse is not in the mustang mold, but the morgan. Razz Painted quite a lighter colour!

Ohh, goodness me !!! You are right !!!  Shocked
I had completely forgotten the lovely, little Morgan  Embarassed

Here they are , - Mustangs to the left, and the Morgans to the right !!!

The Schelich Morgan was made 1997 - 2006, - the Mustangs replaced them in 2007 study Very Happy

Thankyou very much, Pip Applause flower

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Mon May 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Wow, Susanne, those are amazing! Musk Ox wow! I need that one too.
And that old goose and ducks are magnificent!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Tue May 17, 2016 1:33 am

Susanne, I was again on Science4you shop and I confirmed that they call the black horse an Andalusian. Not a perfect breed choice for that Hanoverian but surely better than calling it a Friesian, I guess. Wink
I already fixed it on TAI so you can edit your post if you want.
I added also the rearing horse as a Morgan but can Morgan be grey? If not, I add it as a mixed and non breed horse once M&B is not assigning any breed to it.
It is great to see again this topic with the rearing horse comparisons, actually, and although I like best the Mustangs, I am glad it is a Morgan once it means a painting quite different from the Schleich version.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Tue May 17, 2016 9:38 am

Thankyou, Roger Very Happy

Yes, I am sure Morgans can be grey study

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Tue May 17, 2016 9:41 am

Wow for the musk ox, it is amazing! cheers Horses are lovely also, very nice looking in these new colours. I agree the breeds don't fit these moulds, but the models are very very nice, no matter the name. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Tue May 17, 2016 3:01 pm

I so totally agree, dear Anna Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Tue May 17, 2016 4:53 pm

They are beautiful cheers Love the buckskin color on that Holstein! Shocked

Congrats my friend Very Happy

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Tue May 17, 2016 11:51 pm

Thankyou, Roger Very Happy

Yes, I am sure Morgans can be grey study

Great, thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Sun May 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Congratz on them
Would buy if could (A)

Country/State : Universe 11

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:29 am

Where i can buy the M+B Muskox?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:54 am

I think you won't find it online. I don't know if it is still available here in local shops but, if you wish, I can check it for you. I only don't know how much is the shipping to the Airport. Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Universe 11

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 pm

I think you won't find it online. I don't know if it is still available here in local shops but, if you wish, I can check it for you. I only don't know how much is the shipping to the Airport. Wink Laughing

The Airport is in Germany. ^^
Yes, please search for that muskox. Thank you. You can give me a PM, when you find it.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 pm

The Airport is in Germany. ^^
Yes, please search for that muskox. Thank you. You can give me a PM, when you find it.

Laughing I already started hunting it like an Arctic wolf. It seems it is almost extinct but I have some faith. I will pm you then. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Laughing I already started hunting it like an Arctic wolf. ......

The howling crocodile Crocodile cheers lol!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Love the poultry! Smile Smile Smile

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:30 pm

I've found another wildlife figure on Maia&Borges/Science4you range that we know from Schleich.
It is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that was available from 2004 to 2011.
Another strange element in this experimental series. The painting is updated and shows a different color from the version I know. The figure is cute but not up to date, so I hope Mojö Fun is not thinking in introducing this figure in their range. Also, they released in 2016 an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am not totally against the reintroduction of known figures but it should be made with moderation and with very specific figures.

Maia & Borges African elephant calf

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:16 am

Nice elephant calf :)

Country/State : Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:01 am

It is so difficult to find. I can't find
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:21 am

An elephant calf ! Shocked

You are right. It is a lovely model, but why re-introduce it ? scratch

Thankyou for the info Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)   

Back to top Go down

Horses, musk ox and others from Maia & Borges/Science4you :-)
Page 1 of 1