Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starting out my collection.

Go down 
+4
Wilorvise
widukind
SUSANNE
BossLion
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BossLion

Country/State : Florida, USA

Starting out my collection. Empty
PostSubject: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 21:52

I am more than excited to expand my collection of animal figures. My first ordered animal figure, a Safari LTD Black Panther, is here. Three more Safari LTD figures, a Grizzly bear cub, a Bull Shark, and a Sabertooth Tiger, are on their way.

Here are a couple shots of the panther.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And just because, here are two snakes that came with a G.I. Joe action figure:

Look forward to more!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 23:14

I love that panther drunken

WOW !!!! Those snakes are marvellous cheers
How big are they ?

Perhaps we need a copy of that picture  here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

I look forward to see your new ones also Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 23:41

Great to see your collection starting! Actually, I am very curious to see how your collection developes. You have an interesting collecting profile once your influence seems based on action figures. So, your choices based on different biomes is not surprising at all once among them there's a panther, a bear, a shark and a sabbertooth, animals very common in action figures world. I suspect you'll love some Papo like their roaring big cats.
You're also bringing a subject that we are not very confortable yet but that is very interesting. Many action figures have animals included as you're showing with that cobra and snake. Maybe you can enrich the know-how of our community. study Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 0:14

SUSANNE wrote:
I love that panther drunken

WOW !!!! Those snakes are marvellous cheers
How big are they ?

Perhaps we need a copy of that picture  here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

I look forward to see your new ones also Very Happy

Thanks! The snakes look bigger in the picture, but they are rather small. Not sure the exact measurements, though, so I don't know if they're in scale with the panther.

Roger wrote:
Great to see your collection starting! Actually, I am very curious to see how your collection developes. You have an interesting collecting profile once your influence seems based on action figures. So, your choices based on different biomes is not surprising at all once among them there's a panther, a bear, a shark and a sabbertooth, animals very common in action figures world. I suspect you'll love some Papo like their roaring big cats.
You're also bringing a subject that we are not very confortable yet but that is very interesting. Many action figures have animals included as you're showing with that cobra and snake. Maybe you can enrich the know-how of our community. study Very Happy

Thanks!

If I get any more action figures that includes animals, I'll definitely take a picture of it!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 1:15

BossLion wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks!

If I get any more action figures that includes animals, I'll definitely take a picture of it!

That's great to know! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 9:09

Wonderful, especially the coral snake

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BossLion

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 16:58

Along with those snakes, the G.I. Joe figure also came with this reddish crocodile. Again. not sure if in scale with the panther or not.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 17:54

Not a pink panter, but an orange crocodile Laughing Crocodile

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 18:27

Also nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 20:34

apparently it's fashion savvy?

Congrats.

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 22:34

Ooh, nice little coral snake drunken
Congrats on all of them! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 23:10

Thanks everyone!

I have another new addition. This time, a Grizzly bear figure by Battat. Picked this up at Target, and it should go nicely with the cub figure I have incoming.

Look, the bear and panther are friends! Hopefully...
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 23:34

Very nice additions! The bear is great! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 23:56

Congratulations for your new Battat and thanks for sharing your red croc with moveable jaws. These reptiles surely belong to the G. I. Joe Croc Master. study

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyWed 18 May 2016 - 20:30

Roger wrote:
Congratulations for your new Battat and thanks for sharing your red croc with moveable jaws.  These reptiles surely belong to the G. I. Joe Croc Master. study

Indeed! Blowtorch and Croc Master are my first two G.I. Joe figures!

Also, here's my Safari LTD Grizzly Bear cub.

A comparison to the adult Grizzly made by Battat

I'm also in the process of trying to decide the next figure I'll order, because why not Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyWed 18 May 2016 - 20:55

The bear cub is ever so lovely Very Happy

But what catches my eye is the Battat bear ! I have never seen it before, and it is a beauty cheers

Those two bears are great together , and and the panther gives it a bit of action-model style too Laughing

BossLion

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyWed 18 May 2016 - 21:17

SUSANNE wrote:
The bear cub is ever so lovely Very Happy

But what catches my eye is the Battat bear ! I have never seen it before, and it is a beauty cheers

Those two bears are great together , and and the panther gives it a bit of action-model style too  Laughing

Thank you! I picked up the Battat bear at a Target store here in the U.S.A, and I'm very happy with it!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyWed 18 May 2016 - 23:47

BossLion wrote:
Roger wrote:
Congratulations for your new Battat and thanks for sharing your red croc with moveable jaws.  These reptiles surely belong to the G. I. Joe Croc Master. study

Indeed! Blowtorch and Croc Master are my first two G.I. Joe figures!

Well, actually I don't know anything about G.I. Joe figures, except that many collectors used Chap Mei figures as a complement to them. I googled your snakes and I've found that they belonged to the Croc Master set. So, I am not definitively a Croc Master in this matter. Laughing
If you check other collection topics, you'll surely find good pictures and suggestions to guide you through your collecting hobby. You've got a another lovely bear, maybe Papo standing American black bear is a good option for you. scratch Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyThu 19 May 2016 - 5:23

Nice bears

Back to top Go down
BossLion

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 20:11

So, I got this big Alligator figure from a shop yesterday. No idea what brand this is.

And here is the Safari LTD Bull Shark

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 21:41

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 22:56

Great crocodile Crocodile

The bull shark is just fantastic cheers

Congratulations, - your collection grows rapidly Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 23:05

Congratulations, isn't your alligator marked ventrally? scratch

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 23:27

SUSANNE wrote:
Great crocodile Crocodile

The bull shark is just fantastic cheers

Congratulations, - your collection grows rapidly Very Happy

Thanks!

Roger wrote:
Congratulations, isn't your alligator marked ventrally? scratch

If there is some sort of brand marking on it, I missed it.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 23:43

BossLion wrote:

If there is some sort of brand marking on it, I missed it.

Thanks, lots of figures are not marked at all. :)

PostSubject: Re: Starting out my collection.   Starting out my collection. Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting out my collection.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next