Again I have spent way too much time on the internet looking at dollhouse and railroad plants and trees trying to find ideas for a better way to make my diorama plants. At the beginning of the month I found a railroad site that showed a new way to put together palm trees of 5 different kinds. There are palmetto, washingtonia, California fan palms, coconut and date palms. I ordered some of the fan and palmetto palm fronds and a I custom ordered some for a better talipot palm. Just in case you don't remember that post here is the photo of the first one I made...
These are copied from an African fan palm that I got from Danny a while back and I was very happy with them but still the fronds are hand cut so they are not as realistic as I would like, which is why I keep looking for new ways to make the fronds. I made two palms, each one took about a day to complete, one palmetto type and the other the new talipot. I have not made the flowers yet but here are some photos of the ones I have done so far.
This is the new talipot without flowers attached
Here are the two next to each other, the palmetto is about 6 inches tall