Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!

Go down 
+4
lucky luke
Kikimalou
jarda
Sumo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! Empty
PostSubject: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Well, I'm stumped. Just what are these? The description on TGF doesn't sound quite accurate (at least my bucket doesn't have a jackal), so now I'm anxious to hear what you experts think!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'm going to assume the middle one is a mustelid, but what species... stoat? marten? generic weaselly thing? Only thing I'm reasonably sure is it isn't an otter...
As for the others, they seem to be pretty mongoose-like in build. I have no idea whether the colors are relevant, so I'm going to assume they aren't.

These next two I've already identified as an otter and mongoose, so they're just here for comparison. Does it seem likely there'd be more than one of each type in a bucket?
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:55 pm

I received the same package (Wild Republic Itsy Bitsies Forest Animals Pink Bucket) from TGF last week and I tried to determinate the figures.
The bucket (see description here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) should contain: Armadillo, Squirrel, Beaver, Otter, Jackal, Capybara, Marten, Agouti, Ring-Tailed Coati, Forest Genet, Civit and Tiger Cat.

The jackal is definitely not present (as well as agouti and tiger cat) but guarou (Chrysocyon brachyurus).
Your picture from the right: Civit (I have very similar one as Kaiyodo Palm Civet), Marten, the left one I can not identify. I am not sure with your mongoose as well.

BTW: The forest genet is really outstanding figure from this bucket!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 pm

jarda wrote:

Your picture from the right: Civit (I have very similar one as Kaiyodo Palm Civet), Marten, the left one I can not identify. I am not sure with your mongoose as well.

BTW: The forest genet is really outstanding figure from this bucket!

Maybe the one on the left is a marsupial : a tiger quoll like this one

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 am

Hey colleagues I bought the past year these beasts of the forest here is what I got, I put my pictures with my assessments .....? Wink Very Happy

With the series still displayed I received a Lynx, a tapir, a fox, a wolf with a mane Dingo, a Jaguar, a rabbit, squirrel, koala, sloth and a Black Panther,
I'll put the pictures another day, I have my scanner is not working yet

Regarding Me As I use Hermine, I even painted in white dress 5 in winter it is beautiful cyclops cheers affraid
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:31 am

Well Jean-Luc, I don't think the black animal on the left of Sumo's pic is a palm Civet (civette palmiste). For me it still looks more like a Tiger quoll ( chat marsupial à queue tachetée).

Here are some pics :

African palm civet (Nandinia binotata) :

Asian palm civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) :

Tiger quoll (Dasyurus maculatus):

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:11 am

They are cute!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:11 am

My dearest Chris once again you must be right so there are spots on his back clear thank you.
very good series that will be repainted in time! Embarassed Wink study sunny
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:07 pm

a question? what's a dentrolague de Goodfellow? You know the german or english name? thx Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
a question? what's a dentrolague de Goodfellow? You know the german or english name? thx Wink

Dendrolague de Goodfellow

Goodfellow's Tree-kangaroo (Dendrolagus goodfellowi)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 pm

ah ok thank you. I thought the phalanger à ventre jaune would be a tree-kangaroo, but it seems that this mammal is a glider possum Razz
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Christopher thank you here is a few photos but maybe I'm wrong? .... cyclops

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Congrats to this set Suma, which a lot of us have i think.
Because the painting is not very accurate, the determination of the species is difficult sometimes.
The marten or ferret, is a black footed ferret.
The spotted animal is a Tiger Quoll indeed.
The other animal in the first pic is ment to be an Masked Civet i think... scratch
The otter is a european Fishotter, the Mongoose is a Common Dwarf Mongoose.
I hope this helped you out... Rolling Eyes Laughing

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:50 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Hey colleagues I bought the past year these beasts of the forest here is what I got, I put my pictures with my assessments .....? Wink Very Happy

With the series still displayed I received a Lynx, a tapir, a fox, a wolf with a mane Dingo, a Jaguar, a rabbit, squirrel, koala, sloth and a Black Panther,
I'll put the pictures another day, I have my scanner is not working yet  

Regarding Me As I use Hermine, I even painted in white dress 5 in winter it is beautiful                                                                                                                     cyclops cheers  affraid

WHERE DID YOU GET THEM? The guy who was suppose to send me the complete set of 36 I bet ripped me off.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!   Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Identify my K&M bucket creatures, please!
Page 1 of 1