Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016

Go down 
+9
Tarunyada
Shanti
donny ong
Roger
Ana
Silver Unicornis
widukind
75senta75
SUSANNE
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 Empty
PostSubject: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Untill 1977 spotted horses and ponies were under the same society in England.
But back then, the ponies got their own society, and the ones over 1,49 cm , which according to British customs aren't ponies, came under the appaloosa society.   study

There are three types of ponies : Miniature, Riding pony and Cob. I am not completely sure what is the difference between the two latter ones, but the cob-type is more solid.
So I think this one could be a cob , with the legs "covering a lot of ground" and the square head and muzzle. Please enlighten me if I am wrong  Very Happy

The characteristics of the breed are :
-Spots, of course. However the colour is tricky to breed, so there are exceptions. Look HERE  study
-White Sclera around the eye.
-Mottled Skin - this part-dark, part-pink skin is uually most evident around the genitals, lips, muzzle, eyes and inside the ears.
-Striped hooves.

Let's look at the model  Very Happy
When first I saw a picture of this pony, I thougt it was a weird one, - but that was because it was painted almost like a giraffe  alien  Laughing
Seing this model, however, I fell totally in love  I love you
What an elegant, charming, beautyful, kind-looking pony ! drunken
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I asked the CollectA Knabstrupper to help showing the size, and she thought it was SO much fun  Laughing

Some pictures from various angles :

She has the most adoreable face. A real, tri-angular front ....

Lovely, little ears :

...and the square, strong muzzle of a pony ( cob?) Very Happy
If only it had been "mottled" it would have been perfect .

And the mane ! I don't know hor they did it. It looks like silk  cheers

A real example of a pony "covering a lot of ground "  Laughing
But at the same time , here is the only serious weak spot. The hooves should be striped !!!!  Crying or Very sad
- but perhaps she has been walking in knee deep fudge ?  Shocked  Laughing

Such beautyful spotting Very Happy No giraffe marking here Very Happy

photo hosting

All in all it is a wonderful and unusual model, and I am delighted to have her on my piano cheers

Unfortunately her colouring ( lack of mottled skin, striped hooves, and White Sclera around the eye) does not entitel her to be accepted in the stud book. Rolling Eyes
But, well, she is a plastic mass produced pony, and I understand that there are many real ponies like her in England, and they still have all the other good properties of the breed Very Happy

I conclude that CollectA has done a great job, and made a model of a breed that was unknown to me untill now . Thankyou, CollectA Applause flower

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Great walkaround! You´ve made a great job of that and I am sure now, that the spotted
pony gets a place in my collection, when I order online next time.
Thank you very much for the nice pictures. sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Thankyou, my dear Yvette cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 5:16 pm

A nice pony :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 6:45 pm

Paintjob looks far better than I expected (not Collecta's strongest point).
I really like this model sculpt-wise! After a few tweaks and (obviously) a repaint she could be a perfect portrait of my favourite mare! I love you

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Very nice pony! The paint job looks much better than in their catalog photo Very Happy Also, great walk around! Thank you for sharing Susanne and big congratulations for getting this pony to your collection! cheers

I'm happy to read the extra information you wrote and the link to the official website of this breed. Very informative Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 am

Very interesting introduction about this pony that is not an Appaloosa because of some metric questions. Excellent pictures as usual and I am glad you're using postimage.org. I hope it works for you as nicely as it works for me. Very Happy
The way I judge horse figures is simple, does it look like a horse or pony or it just look like a horse to use with dolls? Yes, it is a pony but definitively it looks like a real animal and not a flowered joke. I like it and "breed" choice is very interesting. Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:53 am

Congrats Susanne and thanks for the photos.
I'm very glad you guys like it as I suggested CollectA to create the breed.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Thank you for this great walk-around Susanne! Very Happy
It is a cute Pony, just don't like the OF-coloring at all.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:24 pm

What a cute pony, congratulations and thanks for sharing, Susanne cat

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 9:59 pm

Wow! Big congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Definitely a must have for me, I really like the head with its expression and the resting leg just leaning on the tip of hoof. And she also has a correct body shape.
The paintwork could be better of course, but it's much better than the previous promo "giraffe" one.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Oooh Wonderful !!!

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:55 pm

donny ong wrote:

Nice walk around Susanne and thanks Donny for another good choice ! in my small collection of horses, this Pony will find a place one day for sure.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 12:11 am

Wonderful walkaround, thank you Susanne sunny
And wonderful model cheers
I realy like his head..it is very nice and cute :)
But also the colors are interesting..

Roger wrote:

The way I judge horse figures is simple, does it look like a horse or pony or it just look like a horse to use with dolls? Yes, it is a pony but definitively it looks like a real animal and not  a flowered joke. I like it and "breed" choice is very interesting. Very Happy

I`m also like Roger about the horses ... Laughing ... and I agree with him about this one Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 2:28 am

JamesPanda wrote:
donny ong wrote:

Nice walk around Susanne and thanks Donny for another good choice ! in my small collection of horses, this Pony will find a place one day for sure.

You're very welcome James!

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 6:25 pm

donny ong wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:
donny ong wrote:

i thank you Donny for being an Angel for representing the rare species of Animals in miniature animal toy form ! and of course COLLECTa !!
I have two each of the Nilghai, Hirola and Shoebill on the way to my nature home !! cheers and keep promoting these animals in future ! CollectA needs to be thanked for taking inputs !! They are the best for me !!

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 2:05 am

JamesPanda wrote:
donny ong wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:
donny ong wrote:

i thank you Donny for being an Angel for representing the rare species of Animals in miniature animal toy form ! and of course COLLECTa !!
I have two each of the Nilghai, Hirola and Shoebill on the way to my nature home !! cheers and keep promoting these animals in future ! CollectA needs to be thanked for taking inputs !! They are the best for me !!

Embarassed You're most welcome.
I hope you will get them soon. Indeed CollectA is the best for me too. Hurray!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016   British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

British Spotted Pony 88750 from Collecta 2016
Page 1 of 1