Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SeaWorld

Go down 
+9
Bowhead Whale
NightLioness
SUSANNE
sbell
widukind
75senta75
Wilorvise
Roger
Tarunyada
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:59 pm

You may all have heard of SeaWorld. Let Wikipedia speak for me:

SeaWorld USA wrote:
SeaWorld is a United States chain of marine mammal parks, oceanariums, and animal theme parks owned by SeaWorld Entertainment. The parks feature killer whale, sea lion, and dolphin shows and zoological displays featuring various other marine animals. There are operations in Orange County, Florida; San Diego, California; San Antonio, Texas; and previously Aurora, Ohio. On March 5, 2007, SeaWorld Orlando announced addition of the Aquatica water park to its adventure park family, which already includes SeaWorld and Discovery Cove.

SeaWorld Australia wrote:
Sea World is a marine mammal park, oceanarium, and theme park located on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It includes rides, animal exhibits and other attractions, and it promotes conservation through education and the rescue and rehabilitation of sick, injured or orphaned wildlife. The park is commercially linked to Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast as part of the theme park division of Village Roadshow.

I was searching eBay (for Sirenia of course) when I found some plastic animal figurines produced by SeaWorld. Here are the ones I found (all photographs are by their owners/sellers!):

Killer Whale (retired)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Polar Bear Cubs

Penguins

Manatees

You won't be able to find these exact manatees on eBay anymore Cool

Last edited by Tarunyada on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Fantastic Julie, I am glad that nobody will be able of getting these exact manatees anymore. They look very nice! Very Happy Interesting also to see some species of penguins, they could be a little better but they are nice anyway. Very Happy
Many thanks! Very Happy

Tarunyada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Roger wrote:
Fantastic Julie, I am glad that nobody will be able of getting these exact manatees anymore.  They look very nice! Very Happy Interesting also to see some species of penguins, they could be a little better but they are nice anyway. Very Happy
Many thanks! Very Happy

You're very welcome, Roger! cheers Of course I'll show my own photographs as soon as they arrive. And I'll add them to TAi as well.
As what I understand from the seller, these penguins are around 2 inches high and are all marked 'SeaWorld' and the species of penguin. Looking at the quality of them I wouldn't be surprised if they are hollow figurines. They remind me a bit of Nayab/Wild Republic figurines. The other SeaWorld figurines seem of a better quality.

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Congrats on your new friends :)

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Julie, you are right. Sea world is a Theme park in Orlando / Florida.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All over the park there are different little shops, were visitors can buy gifts.
You also can buy there these figures.

We have been there two years ago and I also have bought some figures there.
They are offered in tubes or you can get an empty blue box and filled these box with so much figures
as you can get in it.
The sea animals seems to made by Play Visions, but I am not for sure of 100%.

Here you see the pictures I have made in the gift shop at Sea World.

You can buy them in tubes as you can see here at the photos.

You also can take the blue box and filled them up with your own choice as much as you can - "Fill your own suitcase"  bounce
Under the boxes you see the figures you can put into the box.

arrow When I was again outside the gift shop, I have made a photo from my "catch."  bom

Tarunyada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Yvette, thank you very much for the photographs! cheers I found a YouTube video earlier this day in which a girl reviewed her SeaWorld additions. It looks like she bought all these figurines as well. They do look like Play Visions Whales and Play Visions Dolphins tubes, but of course it could be some sort of China copies made for SeaWorld. Only difference was that she had filled a complete bucket haha. Thanks for the photographs!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Phantastic!!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Julie, you are welcome!

Tarunyada wrote:
...but of course it could be some sort of China copies made for SeaWorld.

That´s an interesting question. The sea animals by Sea World from the boxes looks exactly like the
sea animals by PV.  

Now the question: Are the sea animals by Sea World were made by PV for Sea World ?

Here you can see the Amazon river dolphin by Sea World and and the dolphin by PV.
Both are the same, ony color is a little bit different. But also by PV animals you often can see differences in one color

Last edited by 75senta75 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:28 pm

Here are two Beluga whales from the Sea World set. Perhaps someone has the Beluga by PV in his
collection ?

75senta75

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Here are some more Sea World figures. Has somebody the same figures by PV - Perhaps Andreas, Beatrice or Susanne ?

75senta75

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Looking at the quality of them I wouldn't be surprised if they are hollow figurines. They remind me a bit of Nayab/Wild Republic figurines. The other SeaWorld figurines seem of a better quality.

I agree with you again. The quality is good and they looks a bit like the figures by Wild Republic or Club Earth. They are not hollow.

Here are some photos:

Tarunyada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful reference pictures, Yvette! cheers Looks like the SeaWorld tube figures are different from the original Play Visions ones. PV looks a bit more detailed. I know Karin has the PV beluga.

Oh, these penguins Shocked They're actually smaller than I thought (never know how inches work Laughing). I really like them! Thank you very much!!

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 4:58 pm

75senta75 wrote:

Play Visions Beluga from Beatrice's collection

75senta75 wrote:
Play Visions Atlantic spotted dolphin from Beatrice's collection

75senta75 wrote:

Play Visions Narwhal from Beatrice's collection

Play Visions Humpback whale from Beatrice's collection

Play Visions Bottlenose dolphin from Beatrice's collection

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 5:28 pm

very interesting recopilation. study study study

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 1:08 am

I know at one time some of the eels by PV showed up as copies at Sea World, so not necessarily surprising (I was recently in Orlando, but didn't go to Sea World).

I did see the penguins and some larger animals in the Airport shop though (no eels, or I would have a lot of them now...)!

I did get an eagle ray and a leopard shark. They looked nothing like PV figures though. Their pictures are around here somewhere.

EDIT...

I found the original picture:

From here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 1:45 am

Topics like this one makes me very happy. Very good contributions from different collectors and we get much more informed about an interesting line of animal figures. We already discussed a little about Sea World figures before but it was then a huge confusion between these and those Deep Sea World from Nayab/Happy Kin Toys. Now it is much clearer. Many molds look the same as PV to me, only with a different finishing, curious to see the dorsal fin in that beluga so I think that the same oem manufacturer provided molds to both collections. It also remembers me a very intringuing thing, PV never released a penguins set? Shocked

sbell

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 1:49 am

Roger wrote:
Topics like this one makes me very happy. Very good contributions from different collectors and we get much more informed about an interesting line of animal figures. We already discussed a little about Sea World figures before but it was then a huge confusion between these and those Deep Sea World from Nayab/Happy Kin Toys. Now it is much clearer. Many molds look the same as PV to me, only with a different finishing, curious to see the dorsal fin in that beluga so I think that the same oem manufacturer provided molds to both collections. It also remembers me a very intringuing thing, PV never released a penguins set? Shocked

It looks like Club Earth beat them to it!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:43 am

WOW This is a truely interesting topic cheers

But most of all, of course : Congratulations, Julie, for finding these exact manatees Laughing Applause Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Roger wrote:

Exactly! This is the missing link! Very Happy Now we know where those SeaWorld dolphins/whales come from Very Happy
I have some dolphins from SeaWorld and I was always wondering where they came from and why they look so similar to PV.

Oh I wish I could fill up a box like that drunken

Great topic Julie and great photos all Very Happy

Tarunyada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 5:00 pm

I'm glad I was able to give the needed 'push' so we could/can find more information about these SeaWorld figurines together! I agree with Roger, it's wonderful to see all the figurines from other collections and so start puzzling about a brand together. It's one of the things I love about this forum I love you

Roger wrote:
It also remembers me a very intringuing thing, PV never released a penguins set? Shocked

I never realised that, but how??? Shocked Laughing

SUSANNE wrote:
But most of all, of course : Congratulations, Julie, for finding these exact manatees Laughing Applause Very Happy

Thank you, dear Susanne! cheers

NightLioness wrote:
Roger wrote:

Exactly! This is the missing link! Very Happy Now we know where those SeaWorld dolphins/whales come from Very Happy
I have some dolphins from SeaWorld and I was always wondering where they came from and why they look so similar to PV.

Oh I wish I could fill up a box like that  drunken

Great topic Julie and great photos all Very Happy

It's great you now know the origin of some of your figurines Smile Haha I'd love to visit those SeaWorld stores and fill these suitcases/buckets to their max haha!
And thanks, Karin!

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:14 pm

My wonderful SeaWorld manatees arrived today <3 I'll be able to take photographs this Friday, so stay tuned! I can only confirm that they are made of hard, heavy plastic (like Schleich etc.) and that they are wonderful drunken

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 5:25 am

Congratulations Julie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 9:42 pm

So appealing!
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:07 pm

Here they are, finally <3

Safari Ltd left, SeaWorld right

Safari Ltd left, SeaWorld right

Safari Ltd right, SeaWorld left

As I said before, they're made of hard, heavy plastic, just like their Safari Ltd family members. This was such a lucky find <3

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Yay! Photooosss <3 <3

They look awesome! You absolutely got two beauties there <3

SeaWorld   Empty
PostSubject: Re: SeaWorld    SeaWorld   Empty

Back to top Go down

SeaWorld
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next